7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Lennons interview states the importance of Brown on the pitch...what a captain
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on October 04, 2020, 02:13:23 PM

Maybe he should concentrate on getting the team playing better.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

illdecide

Quote from: Angelo on October 04, 2020, 02:16:59 PM

He rested players and tried the players u wanted him to try and it didn't work. Surely now u can see the importance of tried and trusted players

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on October 04, 2020, 02:18:31 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 04, 2020, 02:16:59 PM

He rested players and tried the players u wanted him to try and it didn't work. Surely now u can see the importance of tried and trusted players

As far as I could see Soro never made the pitch and it was Griffiths who came on and got him out of jail. Rogic did well when he came on and should be starting.

It was yet another absolutely turgid display.

illdecide

2 away games in 3-4 days and especially away in Europe. Energy levels def down a bit but to be expected. If Lennon was to win the quadruple it still wouldn't satisfy some people

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on October 04, 2020, 02:21:41 PM
2 away games in 3-4 days and especially away in Europe. Energy levels def down a bit but to be expected. If Lennon was to win the quadruple it still wouldn't satisfy some people

At least it's clear to see that you will continue to defend Lennon no matter how apparent it becomes that the guy is completely out of his depth.

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on October 04, 2020, 02:29:29 PM

At least it's clear to see that you will continue to defend Lennon no matter how apparent it becomes that the guy is completely out of his depth.

Celtic got out of jail. Very poor performance, not even an aversge performance. Great they dug out the win and shows something but Celtic are playing very flat.

Big worry is French Eddy - clearly his head is not in. Manager need to get him back at it. Either that or they'll take an offer, if it comes in over the next few days. One plus is Griffiths is back and looking well in terms of fitness. Another week's training, over the international break, will do him good also.

illdecide

Quote from: Angelo on October 04, 2020, 02:29:29 PM

I won't defend him no matter what...What I seen today is the players on the bench are not ready and not as good as the seasoned campaigners. I know i'll not judge them completely after one game but they got their chance today (some of them) and didn't grasp it. I will defend Lennon all day long against people like you though as you either clearly don't know what you're talking about, on the wind up or just blind hatred for Neil Lennon, his record speaks for itself and the only blemish this season is the Champions League and it still irks him. 25pts out of a total of 27pts is good going. The thing is Celtic have been poor enough in a fair few games but still find a way to win and that comes from the likes of Scott Brown, their leader and their Captain.
His changes won the game today when it looked like it was going to end 0-0, we're top of the league and have European football too New Year and all things lead to the Sevco game in a few weeks which will have a massive bearing on the season...HH

illdecide

I see Sevco had another penalty today!!!how many is that this season?

MoChara

Seen this on Reddit thought it was worth a share

"We scored 2 goals in 10 minutes after Scot Brown was subbed on.

If he had played the full 90 we would have won 18-0.

That is how football works."

tonto1888

If he was so out of his depth he probably would not have made game winning substitutions

JimStynes

Did Lennon not do today what people have been asking him to do? He selected a side that most ppl would have been happy with. And he made good changes from the bench that won the game. Lennon definitely has his faults but the players need to take some responsibility as well. They're playing shite. The other crowd are still winning and they're completely shite! Celtic and Rangers are both very poor so far this year.

tonto1888

Quote from: JimStynes on October 04, 2020, 06:41:35 PM
Did Lennon not do today what people have been asking him to do? He selected a side that most ppl would have been happy with. And he made good changes from the bench that won the game. Lennon definitely has his faults but the players need to take some responsibility as well. They're playing shite. The other crowd are still winning and they're completely shite! Celtic and Rangers are both very poor so far this year.

It doesn't matter what Lennon does. Or doesn't do. It will never be good enough for some people

MoChara

Quote from: tonto1888 on October 04, 2020, 09:28:39 PM

It doesn't matter what Lennon does. Or doesn't do. It will never be good enough for some people

I think it's similar to what Rodgers said about Griffith's if he had a more 3xotic name he'd be worth a fortune

Angelo

Does the fact that Celtic put another absolute turgid display in not tell all you need to know about the manager.

He made two changes today. Turnbull and Ntcham in for Brown and Christie. It's Rogic and Soro who he refuses to put his faith in, Rogic came off the bench when we were in need and was impresisve. He should be starting next time out.

The changes off the bench may have worked but relying on injury time goals from substitutes is part of a bigger malaise. We were moments away from more dropped points on the back of a woeful display and that is what is really worrying. We were flat and barely created a worthwhile chance in 90 minutes.

Another dreadful display to add to Ferencvaros, Riga, Sarajevo, Killie, St Mirren, Dundee Utd and Livingston.