?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

general_lee

Playing shite and winning? Gimme that all day long

Angelo

Quote from: general_lee on October 05, 2020, 10:40:23 AM
Playing shite and winning? Gimme that all day long

Luck will soon run out if we continue to do so. It's already cost Celtic CL football.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

illdecide

Scott Brown played a cameo yesterday after watching a horrendous 80 minutes of Football which was disjointed and lacked emphasis.

Once he came on the field there were 3 major changes.

Firstly the St. Johnstone midfielders who had strolled around deep into our half regressed backward, the free flowing passing turned into pumping the ball upfront to be recycled by Celtic for attack after attack.

It was relentless.

Secondly, we saw the captain playing direct balls to our attacking options, he very nearly sent Calmac through on for a goal with a smart chip.

Brown played several other balls straight at players instead of this endless side to side play, the team picked up on this and we were far more incisive.

Thirdly and most importantly, he dragged the Bhoys forward on every level of their games, we rose as a club and where we had been flat and a little lost, we were sharp and direct.

This will almost certainly be Scott Brown's last season on this side of the white line at Celtic, I truly fear for how we will fill his boots.

The brigade of haters who would have him cast aside for whatever reason a set of statistics arms them with in an argument, I say to you this, everyone in Scottish Football hates Scott Brown, because he is the last man anyone wants to see on the other side of halfway when they get off their knee.

Broony is an indispensable member of the team and must start every match.

Those who disagree are playing into our enemies hands, believe me, they don't want him bossing the park when Celtic play their team.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Quote from: Angelo on October 04, 2020, 09:57:56 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on October 04, 2020, 06:41:35 PM
Did Lennon not do today what people have been asking him to do? He selected a side that most ppl would have been happy with. And he made good changes from the bench that won the game. Lennon definitely has his faults but the players need to take some responsibility as well. They're playing shite. The other crowd are still winning and they're completely shite! Celtic and Rangers are both very poor so far this year.

Does the fact that Celtic put another absolute turgid display in not tell all you need to know about the manager.

He made two changes today. Turnbull and Ntcham in for Brown and Christie. It's Rogic and Soro who he refuses to put his faith in, Rogic came off the bench when we were in need and was impresisve. He should be starting next time out.

The changes off the bench may have worked but relying on injury time goals from substitutes is part of a bigger malaise. We were moments away from more dropped points on the back of a woeful display and that is what is really worrying. We were flat and barely created a worthwhile chance in 90 minutes.

Another dreadful display to add to Ferencvaros, Riga, Sarajevo, Killie, St Mirren, Dundee Utd and Livingston.

What's all this "We" craic. You hate Neil Lennon, Scott Brown & James Forrest and you're classing yourself as "We" like you're a fan or something.

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on October 05, 2020, 11:23:32 AM
Did Lennon not do today what people have been asking him to do? He selected a side that most ppl would have been happy with. And he made good changes from the bench that won the game. Lennon definitely has his faults but the players need to take some responsibility as well. They're playing shite. The other crowd are still winning and they're completely shite! Celtic and Rangers are both very poor so far this year.

Does the fact that Celtic put another absolute turgid display in not tell all you need to know about the manager.

He made two changes today. Turnbull and Ntcham in for Brown and Christie. It's Rogic and Soro who he refuses to put his faith in, Rogic came off the bench when we were in need and was impresisve. He should be starting next time out.

The changes off the bench may have worked but relying on injury time goals from substitutes is part of a bigger malaise. We were moments away from more dropped points on the back of a woeful display and that is what is really worrying. We were flat and barely created a worthwhile chance in 90 minutes.

Another dreadful display to add to Ferencvaros, Riga, Sarajevo, Killie, St Mirren, Dundee Utd and Livingston.

What's all this "We" craic. You hate Neil Lennon, Scott Brown & James Forrest and you're classing yourself as "We" like you're a fan or something.

I don't hate any of them.

I think Lennon is out of his depth.

Brown has been an excellent servant but his form has been off and Forrest has been off form for most of the past 12 months. It's not their fault that the manager keeps picking them.

You are happy to stand over shitshows like Ferencvaros, Cluj and Copenhagen because the manager is from a town a few miles up the road. He was sacked from the Hibs and Bolton job before he got the Celtic gig, he only got the job because he's a yes man who is indebted to Lawwell for giving him a job of a magnitude he would get nowhere else.

Lennon and Lawwell are the biggest obstacles in Celtic's quest for 10IAR.

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on October 05, 2020, 11:20:31 AM
Scott Brown played a cameo yesterday after watching a horrendous 80 minutes of Football which was disjointed and lacked emphasis.

Firstly the St. Johnstone midfielders who had strolled around deep into our half regressed backward, the free flowing passing turned into pumping the ball upfront to be recycled by Celtic for attack after attack.

It was relentless.

Secondly, we saw the captain playing direct balls to our attacking options, he very nearly sent Calmac through on for a goal with a smart chip.

Brown played several other balls straight at players instead of this endless side to side play, the team picked up on this and we were far more incisive.

Thirdly and most importantly, he dragged the Bhoys forward on every level of their games, we rose as a club and where we had been flat and a little lost, we were sharp and direct.

This will almost certainly be Scott Brown's last season on this side of the white line at Celtic, I truly fear for how we will fill his boots.

The brigade of haters who would have him cast aside for whatever reason a set of statistics arms them with in an argument, I say to you this, everyone in Scottish Football hates Scott Brown, because he is the last man anyone wants to see on the other side of halfway when they get off their knee.

Those who disagree are playing into our enemies hands, believe me, they don't want him bossing the park when Celtic play their team.

Christ almighty, Goebbels would blush at that nonsense.

We won the game thanks to Ajer taking some repsonsibilty on driving forward and Griffiths showing his goalscoring instincts.

Rogic had far more of a telling contribution than Brown with a number of driving runs, that's a guy who has been consistently cast aside by Lennon for 18 months.

illdecide

Quote from: Angelo on October 05, 2020, 11:38:06 AM

Brown has been an excellent servant but his form has been off and Forrest has been off form for most of the past 12 months. It's not their fault that the manager keeps picking them.

You are happy to stand over shitshows like Ferencvaros, Cluj and Copenhagen because the manager is from a town a few miles up the road. He was sacked from the Hibs and Bolton job before he got the Celtic gig, he only got the job because he's a yes man who is indebted to Lawwell for giving him a job of a magnitude he would get nowhere else.

I stand by Lennon because he's the Celtic manager and Celtic is the team i've supported from i was a child so that's why i stand by him and support him not because he's from a town a few mile up the road. If i thought he was doing a crap job i'd say so and if i thought he was outta his depth i'd say it also but he's doing ok and better than some managers we've had. His hands are tied with somethings within the club and so was BR's too and the managers before them. If you remember he walked away from Hibs and that's because there was already a move on under the table to take him back to Celtic when Judas ran for the coin. He left Bolton on mutual agreement with the owners, he was lied too by Bolton about what he was getting into, they had to do a whip around to get petrol for people to drive to work there. They promised him if he kept them up they'd give him money and he did keep them up but the following season he had to reduce the wage bill by £10m and could only get a few players on loan. That Bolton job was a disaster but i suppose in your eyes that was his fault too

illdecide

Quote from: Angelo on October 05, 2020, 11:41:32 AM

It was relentless.

Christ almighty, Goebbels would blush at that nonsense.

We won the game thanks to Ajer taking some repsonsibilty on driving forward and Griffiths showing his goalscoring instincts.

Rogic had far more of a telling contribution than Brown with a number of driving runs, that's a guy who has been consistently cast aside by Lennon for 18 months.

That's just your opinion...funny how McGregor is saying life without Brown will be tough in the Celtic team

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on October 05, 2020, 01:00:10 PM
Quote from: Angelo on October 05, 2020, 11:38:06 AM

I stand by Lennon because he's the Celtic manager and Celtic is the team i've supported from i was a child so that's why i stand by him and support him not because he's from a town a few mile up the road. If i thought he was doing a crap job i'd say so and if i thought he was outta his depth i'd say it also but he's doing ok and better than some managers we've had. His hands are tied with somethings within the club and so was BR's too and the managers before them. If you remember he walked away from Hibs and that's because there was already a move on under the table to take him back to Celtic when Judas ran for the coin. He left Bolton on mutual agreement with the owners, he was lied too by Bolton about what he was getting into, they had to do a whip around to get petrol for people to drive to work there. They promised him if he kept them up they'd give him money and he did keep them up but the following season he had to reduce the wage bill by £10m and could only get a few players on loan. That Bolton job was a disaster but i suppose in your eyes that was his fault too

Incorrect, he was suspened by Hibs then sacked after losing the dressing room.

His management record is hardly inspiring, living off a win against Barcelona 7 or 8 years back.

Lost the only real title that was in anyway challenging to Walter Smith, won another one with Rangers in administration and another two after they were demoted.

Came in and won another league when he took the team over 8 points clear and then got handed the league last year by default aided and abetted by a Sevco collapse. Not to mention the poxy way in which Celtic won the League Cup.

The football played so far this year has been dire, devoid of inspiration, disjointed and flat. We are blessed to have as many points on the board as we do.

thebar

It was relentless.

Good post totally agree with you bud...its easy to say drop him Brown but when hes not the team they are totally lost..he does the simple things and allows others to play. I would have been one thinking take him out of it but I dont think they can afford not to have him in the team.

general

illdecide

Quote from: general on October 05, 2020, 02:36:50 PM
Sky Sports reporting Celtic signing a left back from Milan, 27 years old Uruguay International.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/12090640/diego-laxalt-set-for-celtic-medical-ahead-of-loan-move-from-ac-milan

Is this the final piece of the jigsaw? Is this enough to deliver the ten? I believe this is what Lennon wanted and is happy as long as no one was sold so no excuses, now two weeks time will tell the tale although Laxalt hasn't played a game this season so couldn't be match fit to play against Sevco. Just a pity we didn't get him 3-4 weeks ago to get some game time under his belt.

Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on October 05, 2020, 09:58:44 PM
Sky Sports reporting Celtic signing a left back from Milan, 27 years old Uruguay International.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/12090640/diego-laxalt-set-for-celtic-medical-ahead-of-loan-move-from-ac-milan

Is this the final piece of the jigsaw? Is this enough to deliver the ten? I believe this is what Lennon wanted and is happy as long as no one was sold so no excuses, now two weeks time will tell the tale although Laxalt hasn't played a game this season so couldn't be match fit to play against Sevco. Just a pity we didn't get him 3-4 weeks ago to get some game time under his belt.
i'd hope so, previously I hadn't bothered too much with all the maligning of the current LB, but he was very poor v St. Jons ,  unfortunate for the chap but nothing he tried came off.
The 353 is working well since Duffy came aboard. I'm really looking forward to the EL group games and I'd say the players are chomping at the bit.

tyroneman

Quote from: Main Street on October 06, 2020, 12:40:53 AM
Quote from: illdecide on October 05, 2020, 09:58:44 PM

i'd hope so, previously I hadn't bothered too much with all the maligning of the current LB, but he was very poor v St. Jons ,  unfortunate for the chap but nothing he tried came off.
The 353 is working well since Duffy came aboard. I'm really looking forward to the EL group games and I'd say the players are chomping at the bit.

It's been functional. Games have been won. Bar Hibs though there has been nothing convinving about any of them.

Duffy has been ok. He can't pass over 10 yeards and the physicality has caught him out a few times (prob expecting to coast it in Scotland) but he's been reasonably solid and presents a decent threat at set pieces, particualrly if Turnbull is delivering.

Lennon will have no excuses now he has his LWB. Whatever is going on the team has not been playng fluent, exicting or creative football.

As was said elsewhere they are lucky that thier worst is still around most teams best in Scotland.

Feel like I'm in the minority chatting to other Celtic fans, but to me Elynoussi is a poor to average player. No better than anyone else at Celtic

The Sevco game will tell a story - that's where we really need players like Duffy, who won't be bullied.

themac_23

We all live to pile in on peter Lawell when things go wrong but in this case he has given Lenny more than enough tools to do the job, down tk neill and the coaching staff to deliver now, really exciting squad we have