?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

6th sam

Quote from: Angelo on September 29, 2020, 06:35:08 PM
Quote from: illdecide on September 29, 2020, 02:46:25 PM
He's clearly seen enough in any game time he's had plus in training every day to say Browns the better option

Or he's just playing favourites.

Surely what happens on the pitch is most important.

Are you serious?

Neil Lennon is in charge of one of the most iconic soccer clubs in the world , and he's going for a unique 10 in a row , and he's deciding to "just play favourites". I don't pretend to know much about soccer, and I'm not putting Neil Lennon beyond reproach, but surely you can't be expected to be taken seriously with statements like that .

illdecide

Quote from: 6th sam on September 29, 2020, 10:41:02 PM
He's clearly seen enough in any game time he's had plus in training every day to say Browns the better option

Are you serious?

Neil Lennon is in charge of one of the most iconic soccer clubs in the world , and he's going for a unique 10 in a row , and he's deciding to "just play favourites". I don't pretend to know much about soccer, and I'm not putting Neil Lennon beyond reproach, but surely you can't be expected to be taken seriously with statements like that .

CORRECT!!!
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

general

Celtic and THE RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB Limited 2012 seem to be fighting over the signing of Tom Ince from Stoke, would be a good decision to sign IMO. Was tipped for big things but went off the boil. Surely rip apart full backs in the spl

Angelo

Quote from: general on September 30, 2020, 09:38:06 PM
Celtic and THE RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB Limited 2012 seem to be fighting over the signing of Tom Ince from Stoke, would be a good decision to sign IMO. Was tipped for big things but went off the boil. Surely rip apart full backs in the spl

Why would a past it Championship footballer surely rip up SPL full backs?

You look at the likes of Ejaria and Ojo who were on loan at Sevco in the past few seasons and they struggled in the SPL but are regulars in the Championship. Sinclair was absolutely pants for Celtic in his last two seasons there, he was finished when he left and he's starring in the Championship now.

I'd avoid a guy like Ince like the plague.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Quote from: 6th sam on September 29, 2020, 10:41:02 PM

Are you serious?

That's seems like a very subjective view.

Why is it that a player who is not playing well is consistently selected ahead of other available options if it isn't favouritism?

Plenty of managers have been accused in the past of favouritism and it can be a very valid criticism when underperforming players are selected.

I can remember Gordon Strachan consistently selecting Paul Telfer (one of the worst ever full backs I've seen in my life) for Celtic. Strachan had Telfer at Coventry, he then brought him with him to Southampton and finally to Celtic. He spent 11 years under Strachan at 3 different clubs, he made over 300 appearances for Strachan in that time. He was absolutely woeful. That's favouritism, it happens, the fact that you are point blank ruling it out shows naivety.

Brown has been a good servant to Celtic but keeping him in the team on sentimental reasons could cost us in a crucial season. We currently have better options there. He currently have options there who aren't been given any chance to impress and we have a 34 year starting every game in a heavily congested fixture list.

illdecide

Celtic's stats for this year...

2020/21 - Won 7 drew 1
2016/17 - Won 7 drew 1 (invincible season)

Yes we've had a few ropy results in Europe this year and so did BR but what Celtic have achieved and what we're on target for and for you to tell NL that he has his team selection wrong and that he's playing favourites is silly tbh. S Brown has consistently performed for Celtic but if Celtic play poorly it S Browns fault and not the other 10 players, Ohh that's right it's because he's 34 and his legs are done ::). You have your opinion on SB and it won't change even if he was to turn in a MOM awards for every game the rest of the season it won't change your mind as it seems already made up, the simple fact of the matter is no one in training or matches are showing NL they are better than SB or they have what it takes to take him out of the team. I would be very surprised if there were players out performing SB at training and in matches and NL was showing favouritism to SB and playing him out of Loyalty, he's a job to do and as far as NL is concerned he's doing his job and retaining his place in the team...Get over it and support the team if you are a Celtic fan that is.

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on October 01, 2020, 01:01:04 PM
Celtic's stats for this year...

2020/21 - Won 7 drew 1
2016/17 - Won 7 drew 1 (invincible season)

Yes we've had a few ropy results in Europe this year and so did BR but what Celtic have achieved and what we're on target for and for you to tell NL that he has his team selection wrong and that he's playing favourites is silly tbh. S Brown has consistently performed for Celtic but if Celtic play poorly it S Browns fault and not the other 10 players, Ohh that's right it's because he's 34 and his legs are done ::). You have your opinion on SB and it won't change even if he was to turn in a MOM awards for every game the rest of the season it won't change your mind as it seems already made up, the simple fact of the matter is no one in training or matches are showing NL they are better than SB or they have what it takes to take him out of the team. I would be very surprised if there were players out performing SB at training and in matches and NL was showing favouritism to SB and playing him out of Loyalty, he's a job to do and as far as NL is concerned he's doing his job and retaining his place in the team...Get over it and support the team if you are a Celtic fan that is.

The one thing about Rodgers was he adopted a meritocracy, guys like McGregor, Armstrong, Rogic and Christie came in out of the cold, were trusted and given opportunities and took them.

Why is that not happening with the likes of Soro and Rogic now? Why were Bayo and Shved jettisoned after barely kicking a ball? Why did Klimala warm the bench when we had no striker starting at home to Ferencvaros? Lennon persisted with a woefully out of form James Forrest last season when Shved at the very least deserved a go, he couldn't be much worse.

Brown's form has been extremely patchy, we are not playing well, dumped out by Ferencvaros, struggling past Riga. Late winner against Dundee United, struggling past St Mirren, Livingston - drawing with Kilmarnock.

Elyonoussi was doing a presser this week and one of his comments was very interesting, it was on Soro and he said that Soro has been excellent in training of late. Why is he not getting a look in so? Brown is not playing well as much as you want to kid on he is, we have other good options there but they are being ignored for some reason.

Try and look at things objectively for once rather than waving your Neil Lennon pom poms about.

illdecide

I'll be first to criticise NL when it merits it and i've done it not that long ago. The problem with you guys is you form an opinion of a manager and a few certain players and you'll never change. BR soon lost the changing room and was found out, he jumped ship for the coin something i'd be fairly certain NL wouldn't do unless he knew he wasn't wanted and the writing was on the wall for him.

So you read somewhere that Elyonoussi said? Jasus then there u go it's written in stone because you read it somewhere, seriously listen to what you're saying then you go on about how crap James Forrest was last year but NL still plays him. Well i hope he plays as crap this year as he did last year because he scored 16 goals, 18 assists with no yellow or red cards...Same again this year Jamesie please.

Rogic is always injured
Kilmala hopefully is one for the future but is not ready to lead the team
Soro does to be fair look decent but hasn't the experience that SB has and again si one for the future and no doubt will get more games as the season goes on
If Sheved was any good or ready for first team he wouldn't have been loaned out

And if you think that Armstrong, McGregor and Christie only became good because of BR then that's just daft. So if you think i should stop waving my NL pom poms then I think you should stop waving your Neil Lennon, Scott Brown & James Forrest are crap pom pom's

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on October 01, 2020, 04:03:05 PM
I'll be first to criticise NL when it merits it and i've done it not that long ago. The problem with you guys is you form an opinion of a manager and a few certain players and you'll never change. BR soon lost the changing room and was found out, he jumped ship for the coin something i'd be fairly certain NL wouldn't do unless he knew he wasn't wanted and the writing was on the wall for him.

So you read somewhere that Elyonoussi said? Jasus then there u go it's written in stone because you read it somewhere, seriously listen to what you're saying then you go on about how crap James Forrest was last year but NL still plays him. Well i hope he plays as crap this year as he did last year because he scored 16 goals, 18 assists with no yellow or red cards...Same again this year Jamesie please.

Rogic is always injured
Kilmala hopefully is one for the future but is not ready to lead the team
Soro does to be fair look decent but hasn't the experience that SB has and again si one for the future and no doubt will get more games as the season goes on
If Sheved was any good or ready for first team he wouldn't have been loaned out

And if you think that Armstrong, McGregor and Christie only became good because of BR then that's just daft. So if you think i should stop waving my NL pom poms then I think you should stop waving your Neil Lennon, Scott Brown & James Forrest are crap pom pom's

It was direct quotes from a press conference with Elyonoussi yesterday.

"Soro came in aswell (against Hibs) and he looked sharp. He's been really good in training. We have a lot of quality players both in the starting XI and especially on the bench as well – I'm happy I'm not the manager. It's healthy competition."

That's someone who trains with him everyday. The excuse proferred up by some of you for Brown starting the whole time is the other guys must not be doing it in training, well that's a comment that directly contradicts that notion.

Rogic is not always injured. He's been fit for three or four weeks now, I wonder will Forrest have to wait three of four weeks after he returns from his injury to play or will he be catapulted straight back into the team? What do you think?

Klimala may not be ready to lead the team but when you're playing at home to a side who you are better than and start with no strikers and Klimala is fit and available then what does that tell you?

If Shved was any good? FFS. How do we know if he was any good? We could at least have given him some games to see if he was or not, instead Lennon persisted with a woefully out of form James Forrest game in, game out. It's clear as day Lennon has his favourites and form, fitness or team balance do not come into the equation as he just wants to play his favourite playes.

The difference with Rodgers was that players would get their opportunities, they could either take them or not but the opportunities would come. Bayo didn't get any under Lennon, Shved didn't, Soro isn't, Rogic isn't, Klimala isn't. We simply don't or won't know about these players.

In contrast Rodgers gave opportunities to the likes of Christie, Armstrong, McGregor and Rogic when they were all out of favour, he operated a meritocracy where if a player was going well they'd get a chance, if a player wasn't going well then it would open up the door to another player.

Those criticisms of Lennon are completely rational, based on fact yet here you are trying to defend every single valid criticism of him.

Angelo

This is yet another completely frustrating unimaginative performance.

Edouard still well out of sorts.

From the Bunker

Main Street

That was an easy one nil.

At Ibrox, leads to the question,  just how many union jax can fit into a football stadium?

Clinker

The Group Stage Draw:

La Pentola 1

Il Vaso 1

Il Recipiente 1

The one off matches helped - but - Climbing up the charts.

illdecide

You really need to get over Forrest, Brown and Lennon. It's obvious how you feel about them, I support them thru and thru...

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on October 02, 2020, 10:28:44 AM
You really need to get over Forrest, Brown and Lennon. It's obvious how you feel about them, I support them thru and thru...

Take your Lennon pom poms off for once.