Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddog

Quote from: jcpen on July 06, 2023, 09:02:57 AM
Quote from: CK_Redhand on July 05, 2023, 10:18:06 PM
Do people seriously care what number players wear on their shirt? I thought that was left behind at the playground.

Something to keep us talking about I suppose while the oil states position themselves in the background.
Middle aged men who still buy jerseys with names and numbers on the back are the only ones who would care i'd imagine. Load of nonsense otherwise as to what number any player wears as if it fecking matters what number is on a players shirt.

Still cracks me up that Birmingham city retired Bellinghams no22 shirt.

NAG1

Some positive notes around the Onana deal, player appears to be keen and the clubs don't seem to be too far apart money wise when add ons included.

This does ramp up the need then to speed up the exit of some of the fringe players, if they are to land a striker of any description in this window.

statto

Quote from: NAG1 on July 06, 2023, 10:24:09 AM
Some positive notes around the Onana deal, player appears to be keen and the clubs don't seem to be too far apart money wise when add ons included.

This does ramp up the need then to speed up the exit of some of the fringe players, if they are to land a striker of any description in this window.

I can't believe they don't seem to be making much progress with a striker especially as the best striker Russo has left the club. 

On a serious note, if Mason Mount is getting £300k a week as has been quoted then united clearly haven't learnt anything in relation to transfer business in the recent past. 

Onthe40

What about this Hojlund dude? Could he be an option?

barnish oggie

Looks like £50-55 mil will get Onana.

That is the £120 mil budget essentially used up.

Reckon united should be clearing at least 80m in sales this year if not more, although we are notoriously shite at selling players!

Potentially up for sale are Henderson, Fred, Elanga, Maguire, Telles maybe McTominay too.

I would throw Martial and Sancho in there but on their wages they will be very hard to shift.

If we get rid of 3 or 4 of them, coupled with the saving in wages, that should be enough to buy Hojlund

There is also the potential to loan Greenwood to Atalanta for a year and take on Hojlund on loan, with an option to buy in 12 months.

Gets Greenwood off our case and if he plays well someone might buy him in 12 months or by then we might be willing to take him back and hope he can cope with the pressure.

Although personally, I would rather not see him in a United shirt again.

statto

Quote from: barnish oggie on July 07, 2023, 02:46:16 PM
Looks like £50-55 mil will get Onana.

That is the £120 mil budget essentially used up.

Reckon united should be clearing at least 80m in sales this year if not more, although we are notoriously shite at selling players!

Potentially up for sale are Henderson, Fred, Elanga, Maguire, Telles maybe McTominay too.

I would throw Martial and Sancho in there but on their wages they will be very hard to shift.

If we get rid of 3 or 4 of them, coupled with the saving in wages, that should be enough to buy Hojlund

There is also the potential to loan Greenwood to Atalanta for a year and take on Hojlund on loan, with an option to buy in 12 months.

Gets Greenwood off our case and if he plays well someone might buy him in 12 months or by then we might be willing to take him back and hope he can cope with the pressure.

Although personally, I would rather not see him in a United shirt again.

Not a bad idea re greenwood if getting it tight with the FFP.  No doubt United will either overpay for Hojlund one way or the other or bring in a donkey who works hard and is a presence while all along paying for greenwoods wages.

gawa316

Former Manchester United and Ajax goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar is being treated in intensive care after suffering a bleed on his brain.

GJL

Quote from: square_ball on July 06, 2023, 08:14:44 AM
As in I have only ever seen it on the likes of Twitter. Do people actually say it in real life? Or do they say Loserpool in real life either?

'Banter' seems a bit of an English term. Never heard it used much in Ireland but each to their own I guess.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: gawa316 on July 07, 2023, 05:34:11 PM
Former Manchester United and Ajax goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar is being treated in intensive care after suffering a bleed on his brain.

Same happened to his wife in 2009 she made a good recovery, with no long-term effects hopefully the same for Edwin.

snoopdog

If Greenwood goes to Atalanta and scores a bagfull which he prob will, we know he is a cert to score pl goals, charges were dropped so why sell. We have limited options. A greenwood would set you back 80M. Yes he has baggage but charges were dropped and his accuser is having his child and marrying him.

Blowitupref

DeGea statement.

I just wanted to send this farewell message to all Manchester United supporters.

I would like to express my unwavering gratitude and appreciation for the love from the last 12 years. We've achieved a lot since my dear Alex Ferguson brought me to this club. I took incredible pride everytime I pulled on this shirt, to lead the team, to represent this institution, the biggest club in the world was an honour only bestows upon a few lucky footballers.

It's been an unforgettable and successful period since I came here. I didn't think from leaving Madrid as a young boy we would achieve what we did together.

Now, it's the right time to undertake a new challenge, to push myself again in new surroundings.

Manchester will always be in my heart, Manchester has shaped me and will never leave me.

We've seen it all

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

From the Bunker

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 08, 2023, 03:02:47 PM
DeGea statement.

I just wanted to send this farewell message to all Manchester United supporters.

I would like to express my unwavering gratitude and appreciation for the love from the last 12 years. We've achieved a lot since my dear Alex Ferguson brought me to this club. I took incredible pride everytime I pulled on this shirt, to lead the team, to represent this institution, the biggest club in the world was an honour only bestows upon a few lucky footballers.

It's been an unforgettable and successful period since I came here. I didn't think from leaving Madrid as a young boy we would achieve what we did together.

Now, it's the right time to undertake a new challenge, to push myself again in new surroundings.

Manchester will always be in my heart, Manchester has shaped me and will never leave me.

We've seen it all

He's not wrong there!

snoopdog

Great servant to the club. Best of luck to him.  I hope this onana lads as good.

Cunny Funt

All the best to DeGea great service he's given to the club.  Made it onto the Premier league team of the year in seasons 2012–13,2014–15,2015–16, 2016–17 and 2017–18.  In 2018 United finished 2nd in the table because of him but that was probably his last solid season and since then goalkeepers who aren't the best with their feet have got more exploited than ever.

barnish oggie

Quote from: snoopdog on July 08, 2023, 08:09:49 AM
If Greenwood goes to Atalanta and scores a bagfull which he prob will, we know he is a cert to score pl goals, charges were dropped so why sell. We have limited options. A greenwood would set you back 80M. Yes he has baggage but charges were dropped and his accuser is having his child and marrying him.

I count it as a hell of a lot more serious than "baggage".

The way I look at it, if that was my daughter he had done that to, I wouldn't be as forgiving, hence why I would rather not see the wee scrote ever wear the jersey again.

The club has a reputation to keep, and I know a previous owner of the 11 jersey wasn't exactly a saint either but he wasn't still wearing it when the allegations about him came out.

I had heard many rumours about Greenwood long before this came out so he has long had a questionable character for someone of such a young age.

Which is such a pity no one at the club or his family could have dealt with it, as he had the potential to be world class and I envisaged him going on to break records for us.

We can't afford to just cancel his contract so I would rather send him there, hope he plays well and then get rid for a sizeable fee.