Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: Last Man on July 02, 2019, 08:40:43 AM
None the less folks, he does not deserve a character assassination on here. Players often do worse and there's little spoke of it.

I always told never to swear at a woman or insult people.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Peter john on July 02, 2019, 12:41:56 PM
Likewise Dr, if all saints get the win they'll fancy there chances, big game for yourselves in Randalstown, anyone off the top 5 will fancy a crack at div 1, especially Whitehill if they get momentum with 4h games and new manager

yeah thats true. that top half of the table is very evenly matched this year. Not much between the sides.

hurl like f**k boi!

Belfast GAA man

St Johns bad or LD good last night? Bit of surprise after LD drew with Aghagallon just a few days ago....

imtommygunn

St. John's, though not 100% sure on this, looked to be missing a few. Fitzpatrick who is playing superb a big miss too. Championship would be different I suspect.

Belfast GAA man

Yeah wouldn't read too much into results in July

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on July 04, 2019, 08:09:08 PM
Yeah wouldn't read too much into results in July

id agree there, theres a lot of teams who arent in the position to win leagues/promotions and are trying out players etc at this stage of the year along with holidays. you wouldnt read into any of the results at the moment for some teams.
hurl like f**k boi!

Belfast GAA man

although July Cargin getting well beat by LD was a bit of surprise - Creggan seem to be flying while St Enda's and St Teresa's look relegation favs in Div 1 from a look at recent results...........

imtommygunn

Surprised at st endas demise. Not sure if they have those two Healys available who seem like their better players.

Lamhs putting up some big scores.

Hoof Hearted

Ahoghill,s annual Houdini act looking good again
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Na Glinntí Glasa

what happened St Endas this season in D1? i was surprised as i thought they were more than good enough to go up and make a mark this season.
hurl like f**k boi!

Caesar

Not a bad team but they are missing a few of their main players (Eastwood, the Healey Brothers etc) and its possible their All Ireland run is catching up with them.

Na Glinntí Glasa

seems to be a fair split in the middle of the league with the teams at the top and bottom. That being said its a very competitive league, much like D2 and the top of D3
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

The splits seem like a good job. Give impetus early in the season and then for the top or bottom later. Hard to preserve interest for everyone all along but seems to keep it as interesting as it possibly can.

BigBallWeeBall

Looks like Cargin put out their reserve team V LD or have the Lamhs peaked too soon

Sportacus

Does anyone know how our County delegates are likely to vote on the 2nd tier proposals?  Has it been well considered?  I hope against.