?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

michaelg

Quote from: Main Street on March 11, 2021, 09:44:38 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on March 10, 2021, 11:30:32 PM
Michaelg is a very reasonable poster, I'm pretty sure he's not even a Rangers fan, i think he's been baited a bit by the tone the thread has taken. I accept how some people view Celtic, I fundamentally disagree and there is clear blue water between the clubs imo. It's a bit like the 'IRA at play' shite that Unionism has long pedalled about the GAA, it's gotten into the Unionist psyche and nothing will shift it.
Micheal knows skiddly doo about Celtic fc other than what segments he selects from wherever, which support his obvious political prejudices. For some bizarre reason he keeps coming back to this thread year after year to present the same self righteous  lines.  There's no learning, no  exchange, just the  self righteous preaching  tone delivered on a loop, perhaps that's rated reasonable by some, ::) 
I'd call it the equivalent of lurking and a quick flash.
What age are you?

bennydorano

straightred

Quote from: general_lee on March 11, 2021, 11:57:24 AM
I resent the term "hun" for Rangers fans. I don't think it has the same connotations in Glasgow as it does here.

Are we snowflakes now. I don't know what image comes into your head when you hear but I think we all know what it means. Sticks and stones etc

general_lee

Quote from: straightred on March 12, 2021, 10:08:01 AM
Quote from: general_lee on March 11, 2021, 11:57:24 AM
I resent the term "hun" for Rangers fans. I don't think it has the same connotations in Glasgow as it does here.

Are we snowflakes now. I don't know what image comes into your head when you hear but I think we all know what it means. Sticks and stones etc
Nothing to do with snowflakes. To me it was used as a derogatory term to describe Protestants

Main Street

Many have seen the absolutely disgraceful  scenes of the rangers  supporters  'celebrating' a facile SPL league title with thousands upon thousands breaking the law  and general  riotous mayhem.
But I hadn't realised that Rangers fans in NI pretty much 'celebrated' in a similar ignominious manner, as well they could seeing as they were up to their knees in Fenian blood.
You might imagine that the leading political parties of the NI Assembly would take issue with this brazen breach of the current laws, but what we got instead was a big thumbs up from the DUP who put a motion before the assembly, a  message of congratulations to Rfc.
Does that not smell wacko with a gong?

JimStynes

Turnbull and Griffiths not good enough for Scotland then.

Angelo

Quote from: JimStynes on March 16, 2021, 08:24:04 PM

Griffiths not surprising as his fitness/professionalism is very questionable.

Turnbull you'd have thought would have got a go but Scotland are well stocked for midfielders with McGregor, McGinn, Christie, McTominay, Armstrong, Jack among others.

On a separate note, the Roy Keane rumours worry me, greatly.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on March 16, 2021, 08:26:26 PM

Turnbull you'd have thought would have got a go but Scotland are well stocked for midfielders with McGregor, McGinn, Christie, McTominay, Armstrong, Jack among others.

I like Keane. But I don't want him anywhere near the place as manager. He can come as a fan any time he wants tho

Itchy

I said it earlier, I think Keane would work at Celtic. The fit is right in my opinion. Hes been fairly bet in with the bookies.

An Watcher

Don't think Stevie G would be too keen to be in opposition to Keane. At the same time, not sure how happy the celtic players would be to have keane either

Itchy

Quote from: An Watcher on March 16, 2021, 08:43:07 PM
Don't think Stevie G would be too keen to be in opposition to Keane. At the same time, not sure how happy the celtic players would be to have keane either

Celtic players need a massive kick in the hole.

Taylor

Keane is exactly what Celtic need.

He has shown he is no tactical genius in his previous roles but he will be able to motivate players - thats half the battle in Scottish football

From the Bunker

Roy is a good man to have at number 2 in a club. As said before he can help play good cop bad cop, can motivate players. Can do the annoying press conference stuff.
As a number one - he is just to volatile.
That said if this appointment was last October it would have been interesting, as things couldn't get any worse.
But I'd worry about appointing him now.  :-\

Angelo

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 16, 2021, 08:46:44 PM

Roy is a good man to have at number 2 in a club. As said before he can help play good cop bad cop, can motivate players. Can do the annoying press conference stuff.
As a number one - he is just to volatile.
That said if this appointment was last October it would have been interesting, as things couldn't get any worse.
But I'd worry about appointing him now.  :-\

He's too volatile anywhere in a coaching setup. Look at the Arter/Walters thing with Ireland and that's part of a setup who probably meet up 6/7 times in a year!

We need a progressive coach, someone with an identity in his style of play and what he wants from his players, who can improve his players and works them on the training ground.

Keane is from the same sort of school as Lennon, someone who thinks shouting at players will do the trick. We need a guy with pedigree not someone who is living off their reputation as a player.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

straightred

I'm up for Keane.
I think we have to be realistic and accept that we won't get a top name. You know you'll get 100% passion and commitment and you'd expect he'd get them working harder. If it Keane or someone like Mark Hughes then give me Keane every day of the week.
I couldn't see him accepting a number 2 role. Why would he