The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 10, 2018, 08:49:13 AM
Quote from: TabClear on April 10, 2018, 08:23:01 AM
Biggest game of the season tonight. If City get a couple of early goals it will be hard watching.

All depends on which City turns up, the one from the first half on Saturday or the second half. I'm worried that Liverpool try to sit too deep like they did for the second half in the first game. I know it worked last week but that was a one off in my opinion, I cant see City being as poor again and failing to create. I would prefer to see Liverpool tear into them from the start and try and nick a goal as that would change the whole complexion of the game.

Great to be back in matches like this in April!
To be honest, Im not looking forward to this at all, I imagine this will be a nervy night.
A Liverpool goal is the only thing that will ease the pressure a bit.
Its a bizarre feeling to have going into a second leg with a 3-0 lead!
If it was 0-0 we could at least be depended on the play properly. I have a fear we could play like a crowd of thicks.

We definitely have a "panic mode", that we've seen this year against the likes of City, Arsenal, Sevilla - I really don't want to see that button pressed!

TabClear

Quote from: Hound on April 10, 2018, 09:02:58 AM
Biggest game of the season tonight. If City get a couple of early goals it will be hard watching.

All depends on which City turns up, the one from the first half on Saturday or the second half. I'm worried that Liverpool try to sit too deep like they did for the second half in the first game. I know it worked last week but that was a one off in my opinion, I cant see City being as poor again and failing to create. I would prefer to see Liverpool tear into them from the start and try and nick a goal as that would change the whole complexion of the game.

To be honest, Im not looking forward to this at all, I imagine this will be a nervy night.
If it was 0-0 we could at least be depended on the play properly. I have a fear we could play like a crowd of thicks.

We definitely have a "panic mode", that we've seen this year against the likes of City, Arsenal, Sevilla - I really don't want to see that button pressed!

Henderson is a massive loss as well. For all his critics he gets stuck in and covers some amount of ground in a game. We will need that tonight. Assuming its the Ox, Milner and Gigi in the middle of the park its badly lacking that holding midfield player. Badly need Salah and Robertson fully fit to give City something to think about at the back.

brokencrossbar1

The panic mode hasn't been quite so evident since VVd has joined and has been able to get to fitness. I can't  watch it as I'm out coaching,  maybe not a bad thing as I'm sure there could be the odd shoe thrown to the screen if things start going wrong! 

MR2 piss away off!!!!

Hound

Quote from: TabClear on April 10, 2018, 09:23:24 AM

Henderson is a massive loss as well. For all his critics he gets stuck in and covers some amount of ground in a game. We will need that tonight. Assuming its the Ox, Milner and Gigi in the middle of the park its badly lacking that holding midfield player. Badly need Salah and Robertson fully fit to give City something to think about at the back.
Like it or not, if all midfielders are fit, Hendo doesn't start. First choice is Can, Milner and Ox. Then Hendo, then Gigi. Talk that Can may be back for tonight. But any mix of the 5 is a decent midfield. So long as we don't have to delve any deeper into the depth chart!

If Salah is out, it's going to be hard to see us scoring. And I agree with LL, that if we don't score I think we'll be in serious trouble. Also tempted by the 33/1 on offer for 5-1!

Hound

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 10, 2018, 09:29:12 AM

The panic mode hasn't been quite so evident since VVd has joined and has been able to get to fitness. I can't  watch it as I'm out coaching,  maybe not a bad thing as I'm sure there could be the odd shoe thrown to the screen if things start going wrong! 

MR2 piss away off!!!!
Yep, I think VVD is too laid back to do panic. But open to question as to whether he can halt the panic when it hits the others!
Karius is also doing a very good impression of a decent keeper since he got the job full time. Still can't help feeling it's only a matter of time before a big howler comes along...

angermanagement

Can is supposedly out for the season. He's probably played his last match for Liverpool.

Time for VVD to justify his transfer fee. Keep the young full backs and goal keeper in check, guide Gini through the holding role and make sure Lovren has no brain fart moments. 

TabClear

Quote from: angermanagement on April 10, 2018, 09:40:43 AM
Can is supposedly out for the season. He's probably played his last match for Liverpool.

Time for VVD to justify his transfer fee. Keep the young full backs and goal keeper in check, guide Gini through the holding role and make sure Lovren has no brain fart moments.

Thats what I had read as well, albeit from a translated German source!

Moreno and Robertson were both injured on Saturday so you could have a scenario where Clyne plays at left back. Definitely testing the squad depth

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: laoislad on April 10, 2018, 08:56:44 AM

I'm the same not looking forward to it at all.
I think Liverpool are going to have to score to go through and they may even need to score twice.

Im predicting a 2-1 win for city.
Just hoping they wont go 2-0 up......
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Hound on April 10, 2018, 09:33:38 AM
Quote from: TabClear on April 10, 2018, 09:23:24 AM

Like it or not, if all midfielders are fit, Hendo doesn't start. First choice is Can, Milner and Ox. Then Hendo, then Gigi. Talk that Can may be back for tonight. But any mix of the 5 is a decent midfield. So long as we don't have to delve any deeper into the depth chart!

If Salah is out, it's going to be hard to see us scoring. And I agree with LL, that if we don't score I think we'll be in serious trouble. Also tempted by the 33/1 on offer for 5-1!

I'd love to know how many times this first choice has started together. I'm not going to go through every lineup this season but honestly can't remember them starting any game.
They have been fit for most of the season so I would suggest that this isn't Klopp's first choice.
Like it or not, if Henderson is available to play Klopp will invariably pick him in the number 6 role.

Dire Ear

Henderson is not available to play-- suspended

Geoff Tipps

laoislad

Quote from: TabClear on April 10, 2018, 09:45:08 AM

Moreno and Robertson were both injured on Saturday so you could have a scenario where Clyne plays at left back. Definitely testing the squad depth
It will really be tested if any of the midfield 3 get injured during the game. I'm not sure who they have to come on replace any of them. Can Klavan do a role in midfield  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: laoislad on April 10, 2018, 10:46:35 AM

It will really be tested if any of the midfield 3 get injured during the game. I'm not sure who they have to come on replace any of them. Can Klavan do a role in midfield  ;D

Clyne could go RB and push TAA into a midfield role. Not ideal but it's an option.

brokencrossbar1

Push Clyne into right back and TAA to midfield. That is his natural position anyway.

blewuporstuffed

i suppose they can always go to a  back 3 if that happens? Although centre back cover is thin also!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either