The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Good man Bud. I knew you'd come back, once you got the smell of the grass on the racecourses and the football pitches.

The standard of tips hasn't been that hot in your absence and the Dubs are getting very cheeky with nobody to keep an eye on them.

Bud Wiser

AH I'm not back in the real sense Hardy, just took a peep in this morning, up to my eyes but I will get back after a few weeks or a month or so - If I'm not assasinated by Paddy Power.  Keep 'er lit. :)
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Muzz

Whos gonna win this derby today?  Needa punt but dont know horse from a donkey.

full back

Fancy Dr Freemantle - decent price @ 8 or 9/1
Form stands up to yesterdays Oaks winner
Here's hoping anyway

Tyrones own

Big Brown should come in alright in the Belmont... I'd like to see him do it

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/07/sports/othersports/07cnd-belmont.html?ref=othersports
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Hardy

I saw Jim Bolger coming out of Dr Cullen Park last Sunday and he looked happier than he did today in the winner's enclosure at Epsom. And why wouldn't he?

DrinkingHarp

Big Brown left a Big Brown one on the track at Belmont. Killed my  5.00 super box of 1, 4, 6, 8 .

DA'TARA WINS

2 Winner paid 79
2 Exacta paid   659
2 Tri    paid   3703
1 Super paid 24318
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Bud Wiser

A few weeks ago twelve of us were down in Dingle and Ballyferriter.  I had a tip for a horse (Castle Bar Sling) and on the morning when we all got up with sore heads we all went into a bookie shop and we all intended to put 40 euro win on the nag but could not find it listed to run (at Killarney) in the papers.  The Irish girl on the desk said it was not listed for any race that day or in declarations for the next.  We insisted the horse was running.

Off we trudged and promptly drank the €480 collectively before heading to Ballyferriter that is now a tumbleweed town with the Post Office, Supermarket and even the Garda station closed and no paper shop  The useless RTE Teletext had not got the following days runners so we collectively drank about €800 and having checked The Star that we found in a pub the horse was not listed in that evenings runners.  On the way back from Ballyferriter we stopped at Foxy Johns pub to find half of Dingle drunk and they all bought us drink for giving them a tip for a horse that won at 14/1 but some of them backed at 16's and higher.

How in the name of Jaysus are you supposed to win money in a bookies in Kerry unless you are from Kerry - or unless you are backing Kerry to beat the Dub's.  The excuse we were given was that the papers in Ballyferriter do not have the late runners !  The girl in the bookies just laughed at us. Surely the declarations must be entered with the race officials and she should have known, I mean on Horse Tracker you can get notice up to a week in advance.  Shit happens I suppose  >:(
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Bud Wiser

jaykay

Quote from: Bud Wiser on June 08, 2008, 03:40:32 PM
Anyone back Murisk today ???

Its declared to run in Roscommon today at 6.10 too

magpie seanie

Bulls and Mortar, 7.10 Roscommon. Bud says to go easy. He's putting on a fiver each way.

magpie seanie

Hope not too many saw that. was going well but clattered a fence and got pulled up.

girt_giggler

Not a tip, but a strong fancy of mine today

3.50 Newbury - Melodramatic.  Currently 3/1

Bud Wiser

Well I did say go easy but Im told he was flying and after that clatter he got his tongue caught under the bit and the jockey decided to spare him the agony. Next time out maybe?

Our Nail Loney

galiana and sharevar today, especially the second.

do what you will