Croke Park residents legal bid to halt Garth Brooks concerts?

Started by T Fearon, February 14, 2014, 06:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

What will Garth's fans do is this succeeds? Have a standoff with Garda in Drumcondra? Set up a camp Twaddell style in Clonliffe College? Intriguing

Syferus

Someone please remove this to the General Discussion board, where Ferron knows full well it should be.

T Fearon

An event at Croke Park is not worthy of inclusion on the main GAA Discussion Board?

under the bar

Has Tony started the unrest to swing a few handy priced tickets from the Ballybough faithful?

Maguire01

Eamonnca1

About these residents. We're they living in some isolated rural setting when a giant stadium suddenly appeared beside them one day?

Why do people live in cities if they have such a hard time sharing space with others?

Play me the world's smallest violin.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 16, 2014, 08:15:51 AM
About these residents. We're they living in some isolated rural setting when a giant stadium suddenly appeared beside them one day?

Why do people live in cities if they have such a hard time sharing space with others?

Play me the world's smallest violin.

So just because you live in a city you should put up with every Culchie in the land descending on your doorstep due to the whim of some washed up American country singer?  ;)
That was never a square ball!!

Redhand Santa

I do have some sympathy for the residents but at the same time it's quite a selfish act to try and stop something which will generate so much money for the local economy. There will be huge money spent in hotels shops etc and no doubt will attract many visitors to the county. Given the economic problems in recent years things like this can only be good for the country.

They should try to endorse the buzz that an international act will bring to the area. I hope there freedom of movement is restricted too much and that a good clean up operation is put in place. Money should also be invested in the local community in a hall or something to help goodwill. It's a 15 minute walk into the city centre and I'm sure residents can get in and out of the area albeit badly restricted at end and start of gig but they are aware of it 6 months in advance.

Redhand Santa

Maybe I'm giving the crowd going too much credit for behaving themselves. You'd like to think there'd be good security and Garda presence in the area.

Zulu

Quote from: hardstation on February 16, 2014, 10:50:37 AM
And the boozed up t**ts standing pissing in their gardens at all hours?
Or Slane Girl types round the back of their wheelie bins?

I don't live anywhere near it so it's no odds to me but by fcuk I don't envy them for those 5 days. It'll be a living hell.

Really, I haven't been to a concert in many years but I doubt very much it will be living hell.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Zulu on February 16, 2014, 11:05:57 AM
Quote from: hardstation on February 16, 2014, 10:50:37 AM
And the boozed up t**ts standing pissing in their gardens at all hours?
Or Slane Girl types round the back of their wheelie bins?

I don't live anywhere near it so it's no odds to me but by fcuk I don't envy them for those 5 days. It'll be a living hell.

Really, I haven't been to a concert in many years but I doubt very much it will be living hell.

Tens of thousands of Garth Brooks fans line dancing past my front door for five nights in a row is definitely my idea of a living hell. This is not mention if I lived close enough so I could actually hear the music coming from the stadium....

ballinaman

I'm a resident and it'll be a pain in the balls on the Monday and Tuesday getting home from work. Matches are grand because they are on weekends and during the day. 5 days of crowds similar to AI final day will be bananas. I'm taking my holidays on the Friday and getting the fcuk out of there.
As hardstation said, people are well more tanked up going to concerts than matches.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: hardstation on February 16, 2014, 09:08:40 AM
It's dead easy when you don't live there.
Exactly. So why do they live there if they hate it so much?

Tough shit Phillipines.
Huh?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 16, 2014, 06:31:49 PM

Tough shit Phillipines.
Huh?

Sure, it's dead easy to uproot home and family and move away these days isn't it. Just sell their house and move the whole family out of the area because Garth Brooks want to play a concert. It's mad that a reasonably intelligent poster like yourself would think this is a viable solution. Why don't all the people who live near floods just move? Coming on TV whinging about their houses being ruined! And don't get me started on those who live in earthquake zones!

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 16, 2014, 06:40:43 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on February 16, 2014, 06:31:49 PM

Tough shit Phillipines.
Huh?

Sure, it's dead easy to uproot home and family and move away these days isn't it. Just sell their house and move the whole family out of the area because Garth Brooks want to play a concert. It's mad that a reasonably intelligent poster like yourself would think this is a viable solution. Why don't all the people who live near floods just move? Coming on TV whinging about their houses being ruined! And don't get me started on those who live in earthquake zones!

Why did they move there in the first place? Croke Park out-dates many generations of any family at this stage. The choice was made one way or the other. Sympathy because you choose to live beside the third largest stadium in Europe is in short supply, I'm afraid.