Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Yeah that's my fear as well that any U21's won't be given the chance during the league and so we won't see them til the summer again unless they get knocked out early of course.
Who is is U21 that is in the senior squad?

Where would you play Munroe and Hampsey WBF?
Looking at the team from last year I'd say a lot of us would have McCrory out and one of the new lads in.
Where is Frank Burns best position?

southtyronegael

would love to see lee brennan during the league. see how he fairs against div 1 teams. i think he is a serious weapon but will our current gameplan suit him? maybe better holding him back til we get a new manager next year. as said above, mc crory out, hampsey in. mc cann out and f burns or ruairi brennan in.

WBF

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 03, 2017, 04:16:06 PM
Yeah that's my fear as well that any U21's won't be given the chance during the league and so we won't see them til the summer again unless they get knocked out early of course.
Who is is U21 that is in the senior squad?

Where would you play Munroe and Hampsey WBF?
Looking at the team from last year I'd say a lot of us would have McCrory out and one of the new lads in.
Where is Frank Burns best position?

I would try Hampsey in the full back line and Munroe in the half back line!

Frank Burns strong all over the field but would be better suited to the half forward line i think.

Fuzzman

I see they've named a 26 man McKenna cup squad in the Irish News as below.
Does that mean players like Rory Brennan, Meyler, McShane, McGeary and McNamee are all being rested or left out for some reasons or can you only name 26 for any one game?
Surprised no Mark Bradley there also.

TYRONE McKENNA CUP PANEL
N Morgan (Edendork), M O'Neill (Clonoe), A McCrory (Errigal Ciarán), L Brennan (Trillick), C Clarke (Omagh), T McCann (Killyclogher), P Harte (Errigal Ciarán), R O'Neill (Omagh), N Sludden (Dromore), P McNulty (Dungannon), P Hampsey (Coalisland), D McCurry (Edendork), S Cavanagh (Moy), H Loughran (Moy), J Munroe (Carrickmore), C McAliskey (Clonoe), M Donnelly (Trilllick), C Cavanagh (Moy), C McCarron (Dromore), M Cassidy (Ardboe), D McClure (Clonoe), C McCullagh (Greencastle), R McHugh (Aghyaran), N McKenna (Donaghmore), R McNabb (Dromore), R Mullan (Cookstown).

Onthe40

1st three are playing with their college I believe, mcgearys are with their club for the All ireland series and mcnamee is in the US. I thought Cavanagh wasnt going to feature to later in the year but obviously MH wants another McKenna cup in the bag. I would be expecting McNulty to step up this year, has had a few seasons now, make or break time, same as Clarke.

Fuzzman

Aye right, of course. Presume Richie Donnelly too.
I think big Sean just likes playing games and isn't one to sit out and not be involved but maybe Mickey will use him sparingly.

I don't think McNulty has showed enough over the years to get a starting slot. He's often thrown in at FF in games but yes it would be nice if he could improve and give us an option as a target man.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 04, 2017, 10:03:05 AM
Aye right, of course. Presume Richie Donnelly too.
I think big Sean just likes playing games and isn't one to sit out and not be involved but maybe Mickey will use him sparingly.

I don't think McNulty has showed enough over the years to get a starting slot. He's often thrown in at FF in games but yes it would be nice if he could improve and give us an option as a target man.
[/b]

Which makes the decision of why Dan Mc Nulty, who is a genuine powerful threat at Full Forward in comparison to this pretender, and would allow us to mix up a different attacking option in the last 15 of a game or allow us to set up differently against a team who is not good with high ball all the more bewildering. I met Dan at xmas in the social club and asked him about it, thinking he had turned the offer down,  he wasn't approached/invited unto the panel. 😯

driveherin

The fact that 'BIG DAN' didn't handle leather against P Hampsey in either of the 2 games against Coalisland might have something to do with it?

Up The Middle

Quote from: driveherin on January 04, 2017, 12:26:43 PM
The fact that 'BIG DAN' didn't handle leather against P Hampsey in either of the 2 games against Coalisland might have something to do with it?

Yeah that will definitely be it
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: driveherin on January 04, 2017, 12:26:43 PM

'Big Dan' as you so eloquently describe him got out of his sick bed to play in the replay,  that was an achievement in itself, and needless to say Hampsey got the better of him, as for the first game I thought it was about 50/50

driveherin

Pretty sure 'BIG DAN' didn't handle it in Edendork 2015 either.......

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Fuzzman on January 04, 2017, 09:41:07 AM
I see they've named a 26 man McKenna cup squad in the Irish News as below.
Does that mean players like Rory Brennan, Meyler, McShane, McGeary and McNamee are all being rested or left out for some reasons or can you only name 26 for any one game?
Surprised no Mark Bradley there also.

TYRONE McKENNA CUP PANEL
N Morgan (Edendork), M O'Neill (Clonoe), A McCrory (Errigal Ciarán), L Brennan (Trillick), C Clarke (Omagh), T McCann (Killyclogher), P Harte (Errigal Ciarán), R O'Neill (Omagh), N Sludden (Dromore), P McNulty (Dungannon), P Hampsey (Coalisland), D McCurry (Edendork), S Cavanagh (Moy), H Loughran (Moy), J Munroe (Carrickmore), C McAliskey (Clonoe), M Donnelly (Trilllick), C Cavanagh (Moy), C McCarron (Dromore), M Cassidy (Ardboe), D McClure (Clonoe), C McCullagh (Greencastle), R McHugh (Aghyaran), N McKenna (Donaghmore), R McNabb (Dromore), R Mullan (Cookstown).

So omitted from that list is:

Bradley, R Brennan, Fox, McNamee (UUJ?)
Meyler, McShane (St Marys)
McGeary x2 and Burns (Pomeroy)

What's the story with the following players - R Donnelly, C McCann, Mulgrew. Injured?

Any word on the McMahons yet? I think Joe will walk away but Justy should still have something to offer he has the motivation.

southtyronegael

conall mc cann and kieran mc geary also on st marys panel.

Fuzzman

It's a very young squad isn't it. Are Sean and Justy the only ones over 30?
Who are the next oldest then? McCarron? McCrory?

redhandefender