Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omaghjoe

Quote from: sambostar on January 28, 2016, 03:25:57 PM
Had a go at naming a 1st choice XV for the NFL below assuming no injuries or suspensions (apart from Ronan McNabb who is more long term injured) – lads in brackets would be back-up options in the 26 man squad

In practice you'd be hoping some of the younger lads get plenty of chances to play e.g. McGeary or Hampsey this weekend if McCarron is suspended or McShane for Sean or Bradley if they're not fit. There's a bit of quality & depth in that squad, would be great to get another midfielder to start alongside Colm & so free up Mattie

And if McGeary or Hampsey were anyway decent from Errigal they'd move ahead of McCrory for 1st choice corner-back

Morgan (Fox)

McCarron (K McGeary)
McNamee
McCrory (Hampsey)

R Brennan (Sludden)
Justin McMahon (Joe McMahon)
Harte (T McCann)

R Donnelly (C McCann)
C Cavanagh (McNulty)

M Donnelly (HP McGeary)
Bradley
Meyler (McShane)

McCurry (L Brennan)
S Cavanagh
McAliskey

;)

Club boi

Quote from: sambostar on January 28, 2016, 03:25:57 PM
Had a go at naming a 1st choice XV for the NFL below assuming no injuries or suspensions (apart from Ronan McNabb who is more long term injured) – lads in brackets would be back-up options in the 26 man squad

In practice you'd be hoping some of the younger lads get plenty of chances to play e.g. McGeary or Hampsey this weekend if McCarron is suspended or McShane for Sean or Bradley if they're not fit. There's a bit of quality & depth in that squad, would be great to get another midfielder to start alongside Colm & so free up Mattie

And if McGeary or Hampsey were anyway decent they'd move ahead of McCrory for 1st choice corner-back

Morgan (Fox )

McCarron (K McGeary)
McNamee
McCrory (Hampsey)

R Brennan (Sludden)
Justin McMahon (Joe McMahon)
Harte (T McCann)

R Donnelly (C McCann)
C Cavanagh (McNulty)

M Donnelly (HP McGeary)
Bradley
Meyler (McShane)

McCurry (L Brennan)
S Cavanagh
McAliskey

I think you might be missing IMO the best keeper we actually have M O'Neill. Better shot stopper, more confident in the Air, Solid kick outs and therefore no need to depend on Morgan's dreadful free kicks #1OutOf5 #NeverWhenItMatters

LeoMc

Looks like a few lads getting the opportunity to stake a claim.
The 2 Brennans, Sludden, McShane and Meyler were nowhere near the team this time last year. Good to see ONeill back on the team. Keeping a bit if competition there also.

LeoMc

Did anyone get more than 6 of the team right?

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: LeoMc on January 28, 2016, 09:53:16 PM
Did anyone get more than 6 of the team right?

I was way off with my selection, never easy second guessing Mickey  (although to befair I was going on the basis everyone was available and he'd go with his strongest team).

Good to see Ronan O'Neill get a chance, would be delighted to see him bang 1-4 from play and really stake a claim!

The Golden Years

If Aidan McCrory wasnt an Errigal man would he be on the Tyrone team? 

redzone

Are u askin  or telling us golden yrs. he gives it his all and that is good enough for me. He's better than johnny Monroe at the minute so he is

Mikhailov

Just seen the Cavan team and it is a strong enough outfit and with conditions expected to get bad over next 24/36 hours then they will be a leveller and will suit the men in blue.

This maybe a lot tighter than people expect but I think we scrape him by 2 points - hopefully much more but a tight dogged affair wouldn't surprise me at all.

Norf Tyrone

I see the U21s are out tomorrow too in Augher. I wonder will some of the named U21s be used there instead.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Man Marker

That is a decent team named, lots of pace and mobility, confidence is high to after the last month, tho Cavan have named a strong team

Wee Roddy

Quote from: redzone on January 29, 2016, 04:57:23 PM
Are u askin  or telling us golden yrs. he gives it his all and that is good enough for me. He's better than johnny Monroe at the minute so he is
That was nt he question Red zone. McCRory is a good player (johnny better in my eyes) but in the role he plays for Tyrone I think we could get more scores out of a better footballer. He hasn't marked anyone in 2 years which is what he is good at. When jonnys injury clears you will see his potential hopefully. He is a complete baller

redzone

Yes Jonny is a fine prospect. I've only seen him play 5 times or so but I've seen aidy play 40 times. He wont win any all stars but u need boys like him about. Jonny certainly has the pedigree in him

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: The Golden Years on January 29, 2016, 11:19:46 AM
If Aidan McCrory wasnt an Errigal man would he be on the Tyrone team?
hes shite

Carmen Stateside

GaelTheGael

Aidan McCrory is well worth his place on the Tyrone team, all of this hate and this "if he wasnt from Errigal" is completely uncalled for.
Is his place secure? Absolutely not, probably the most as risk, but until Munroe, Hampsey, HP McGeary, Brennan etc. show they can perform consistently and against bigger teams on the big days (all well and good playing well McKenna cup or against weaker teams in Division 2) McCrory has done enough to warrant keeping his place in the 15.