Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhandefender

Quote from: omaghjoe on September 11, 2015, 07:10:05 AM
Quote from: Tommo2 on September 09, 2015, 04:58:51 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on September 09, 2015, 03:51:08 PM
plenty of options to replace harte who said it had to be an inside man. what about malachy o rourke ryan porter dominic corrigan brian mc ivor paul mc ivor damien cassidy to name a few.
I am hearing a few eastern mens names mentioned for the minor job. O hagan mc cabe and lawn all being talked about

Ryan Porter????? Hardly covered himself in glory at Croke Park this year!!

Quite.

He may be tight with the Dromore fellas, and maybe the Omagh ones too, but I suspect his willingness to take up the role of hatchet man cheerleader with Monaghan would be a bitter pill to swallow for many a Tyrone player... and supporter too!
Malachy on the other hand has been the epitome of a gentleman on the sideline and I would gladly seem him take the promotion from his current position to managing the minors.

lol, nice dig

WT4E

Heard on the news this morning that Harte will be re instated for 2 more years tonight? Is this certain?

Norf Tyrone

Harte and Logan both reappointed this evening.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

rrhf

Man Marker

Provisional AFL Division 2 Fixtures 2016
N.B. all fixtures subject to change
Sunday 31st January – Tyrone v Cavan (Healy Park)
Sunday 7th February – Galway v Tyrone (TBC)
Sunday 28th February – Laois v Tyrone (Portlaois)
Saturday 5th March – Tyrone v Derry (Healy Park)
Sunday 13th March – Meath v Tyrone  (Navan)
Saturday 26th March – Tyrone v Armagh (Healy Park)
Saturday 2nd April v Fermanagh (Brewster Park)

SuperHo

Kerry outclassed today. Kinda puts a wee bit of perspective on tyrones season

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: SuperHo on September 20, 2015, 08:05:05 PM

I don't think it does really.

Kerry just happened to be very bad today, their shooting was poor, they looked leggy and ponderous. We'd have beaten them on that performance today.

time ticking away

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 20, 2015, 08:09:23 PM

Kerry just happened to be very bad today, their shooting was poor, they looked leggy and ponderous. We'd have beaten them on that performance today.
Do you really think so?
We haven't beaten a good team in ages yet you say we would have beaten Kerry today, four weeks after they beat us by 4 points. Probably closer to the truth is that Dublin didn't allow Kerry to play at all today. Their shooting was poor because they were forced to do everything under pressure. Dublins movement in their forward line asked a lot more questions than anything Tyrone could muster
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: time ticking away on September 21, 2015, 01:10:53 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 20, 2015, 08:09:23 PM

Do you really think so?
We haven't beaten a good team in ages yet you say we would have beaten Kerry today, four weeks after they beat us by 4 points. Probably closer to the truth is that Dublin didn't allow Kerry to play at all today. Their shooting was poor because they were forced to do everything under pressure. Dublins movement in their forward line asked a lot more questions than anything Tyrone could muster

If we took our chances against Kerry the first day round we would have won. And yesterday Kerry were awful and much worse than against Tyrone in the semi-final.

SuperHo

tyrone played 2 teams this year that were reasonably well prepared and were beaten. both of those teams were then outclassed.  the great run through the backdoor just papered over the cracks. all down hill from here on in folks.

winghalfback

Quote from: referee on September 30, 2015, 11:04:40 PM
Any word on the new minor management team

As i said a month ago alot of talk about eastern men being named im now hearing mc cabe and cush mentioned alot

GaelTheGael

Quote from: winghalfback on October 05, 2015, 11:52:47 AM
Quote from: referee on September 30, 2015, 11:04:40 PM
Any word on the new minor management team

As i said a month ago alot of talk about eastern men being named im now hearing mc cabe and cush mentioned alot
Chris Lawn's name has came up to.

The Bearded One

It is what it is. Presumably.

GlenMan

Great draw for Tyrone for the Championship. Avoid Donegal and Monaghan until the final!

Preliminary Round-
- Fermanagh v Antrim

Quarter Finals-
- Derry v Tyrone
- Cavan v Armagh
- Monaghan v Down
- Fermanagh/Antrim v Donegal

Semi Finals-
- Derry/Tyrone v Cavan/Armagh
- Monaghan/Down v Donegal/Fermanagh/Antrim

ose 14

glenman id of thought after last sunday you shouldnt be counting your eggs that quick.now going to meet derry in celtic park is probably as hard a place to go as ballybofey. i make this game 50/50. the derry defence will not fear tyrone and their lightweight attack. they have a better midfield and if they can find the right blend up front then they will fancy their chances. only for a tiernan mccann tripple salko with an inverted half pipe in the dying seconds in the league last year derry had the game won.