Dublin V Donegal

Started by Gareth, June 28, 2018, 07:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

I like the Dubs but that was cynical muck

GalwayBayBoy

Dubs well off their game today but can still afford to play keep ball for the last 10 minutes.

bennydorano

Chink of light there for the other teams, Dublin don't look super. Paddy McBrearty would have made some difference. Tyrone should run them very very close.

joemamas

Quote from: longballin on July 14, 2018, 08:35:25 PM

+1

Pure and unadulterated shit.

SouthDublinBro

;D Comfortable win. The begrudgers are seething.

Throw ball

Quote from: joemamas on July 14, 2018, 08:37:56 PM
Quote from: longballin on July 14, 2018, 08:35:25 PM

+1

Pure and unadulterated shit.

Agree. But thought Donegal would have pushed up - maybe they were concerned with scoring difference.

Jinxy

I'd like to hear what Lee Keegan has to say about the game.
It's a pity Brolly won't let anyone else speak.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Carbery

Jesus, Lee Keegan is hard to listen to.  Always interrupting the other two analysts.

Jayop

Quote from: Jinxy on July 14, 2018, 08:42:31 PM
I'd like to hear what Lee Keegan has to say about the game.
It's a pity Brolly won't let anyone else speak.

Nothing new there. Brolly is a disgrace and the single worst thing about the gaa.

longballin

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on July 14, 2018, 08:40:08 PM
;D Comfortable win. The begrudgers are seething.

not a begrudger have great time for Dublin but disappointing to see youse reduce yourselves to that muck

ONeill

Up to Donegal to push up and flood their half back line. They didn't though for fear. Then Dublin completely right to keep ball untouched.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Carbery on July 14, 2018, 08:42:56 PM
Jesus, Lee Keegan is hard to listen to.  Always interrupting the other two analysts.
I think this is his first time on the panel so he deserves a pass - Brolly hadn't analyzed a game in 10 years, his only remit is to cause a bit of controversy if possible.

inthrough

Dublin hugely the better team & well worth the win. Cluxton was immense & the Dublin midfield were brilliant.

Like a lot of others I didn't like the "keep ball" stuff in the last 10 minutes & it's a pity Donegal didn't land a few hefty wallops on the Dubs during this period. If you are going to engage in that sort of carry on then there should be a price to be paid.

tonto1888

Quote from: yellowcard on July 14, 2018, 08:34:47 PM
Bullshit, it's rank to watch. The object of the game is to attack and score not play keep ball in midfield.

The object of the game is to score more than your opponents. Dublin done that

sid waddell

Dublin were totally right to play keep ball.

There are four minutes of the five allotted injury time minutes left.

Your opposition has 14 men in its own half.

Why wouldn't you play the ball the around?

The only team wasting time was Donegal, and it was their own time they were wasting.

If Donegal want to waste two or three minutes of the time they have to get back into the game, that's not Dublin's problem at all.

What Dublin did was common sense, what Donegal did in not pushing up to try and get the ball back was idiocy.