what is a good xmas pressie for a girlfriend??

Started by kinghen, November 26, 2008, 05:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kinghen

SidelineKick

For £200 I have got the woman a new iPod Nano and GHDs.  Its her birthday close to xmas so sorta counting as both.  Bottle of perfume threw in too.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

downgirl

A voucher for a spa day would be nice if she likes that sort of thing, otherwise a nice piece of jewellery or something.

mannix

vacuum cleaner            159 euro
electric kettle                57 euro
electric carving knife     120 euro

the look on her face      priceless

bingobus

Quote from: mannix on November 26, 2008, 05:15:12 PM
vacuum cleaner            159 euro
electric kettle                57 euro
electric carving knife     120 euro

the look on her face      priceless

;D  ;D First two, spot but that third is putting your life at risk. May I suggest a Iron and Ironing board.

kinghen

Quote from: downgirl on November 26, 2008, 05:12:40 PM
A voucher for a spa day would be nice if she likes that sort of thing, otherwise a nice piece of jewellery or something.

doesnt really like that sort of thing, she told me about how when she was in thailand and got a massage by some wee thai girl she just felt uncomfortable!

i would like to buy her some nice jewellery, but i just wouldn't have a clue what is classed as "nice" jewellery.

lfdown2

[/quote]
i would like to buy her some nice jewellery, but i just wouldn't have a clue what is classed as "nice" jewellery.
[/quote]

handcuffs?

SidelineKick

Reported.

downgirl

Look through her jewellery box or something find out what kind of stuff she has, Hot Diamonds stuff is really nice http://www.hotdiamonds.co.uk/home/for-women

downgirl

Or Pilgrim is lovely as well and not as expensive

achadh gallain

Last year i got a new watch from the ex - cost about £140 but is a lovely watch..

i prefer pilgrim stuff to hot diamonds.. hot diamonds reminds me of somethin u would get in an argos catalogue  :-\

would u be confident enough to buy her clothes? like a nice new pair of replay jeans or somethin?

god im glad i dont have to shop for another half this yr.. pickin out presents wrecked my head!!

Rois

I must be getting old - if he was to present me with £200 worth of something, I'd have a fit.

How old is your girlfriend, and do you think she's spending the same amount on you?  

Things that cost that much are to me either:
a. Necessary, so I probably have them already (straighteners, ipod) or
b. Not necessary, so wasteful (jewellery - I'm not really into gratuitous jewellery that I don't need to match anything, if you know what I mean).  Oh, and I hate Pilgrim. 

I would much rather pool the £200 and book a little weekend in London (taking exchange rates into account) and make a memory out of the £200.

But if I really really really had to get something with the money, I'd want either a new pair of really nice trainers, a Wii or a pair of ski boots.  What about any of those?

Minder

It was my wifes 30th on saturday there,i got her ghd straighteners, a calvin klein watch,two tickets for girls aloud in April for her and An Other and then went to Deanes Deli for a feed. She got me a PS3 for my 30th in May so a £20 Argos voucher wouldnt have cut it. Xmas present will be a lot more low key!
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

SidelineKick

Reported.

maggie

VERY wise words from Rois.
I personally would love to go to a west-end show and then stay in a hotel rather than blow it all on a piece of jewellery/clothes.