Leinster Minor Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 07, 2016, 01:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monument Road

Quote from: redsetanta on April 21, 2017, 12:37:14 PM
Have the parents got any connections over that side of the county? Fair committment from them if not to allow their sons to hurl.
Not sure but the father is a Kilkenny man and may be from around the Johnstown area which is close to Cullohill.He is a fanatical hurling man

OTF

Quote from: blueandwhite1 on April 21, 2017, 12:26:54 PM
Quote from: OTF on April 21, 2017, 12:09:40 PM
Quote from: redsetanta on April 21, 2017, 11:29:40 AM
Laois Minor Football manager Noel Delaney has announced his starting 15 for Saturday's Electric Ireland MFC clash with Louth at 3pm in O'Moore Park

Courtwood's Alan Kinsella captains the side.

1. Thomas McCann (Ballyroan Abbey)

2. Michael Dowling (Portlaoise)

3. Sean O'Flynn (Courtwood)

4. Daniel Comerford (The Harps)

5. Colin Slevin (Portarlington)

6. Seamus Lacey (Ballylinan)

7. Gary Saunders (Portlaoise)

8. Robert Tyrell (Camross)

9. Diarmuid Whelan (Ballyroan Abbey)

10. Alan Kinsella (Courtwood)

11. Niall Dunne (Courtwood)

12. Ronan Coffey (Portarlington)

13. Mark Barry (O'Dempsey's)

14. Ciaran Comerford (The Harps)

15. Jack Owens (Emo)

Courtwood certainly doing something right.  Well represented on teh senior team and 3 starters on the minor team.

Please excuse my ignorance "The Harps" are ??

You are obviously not from the hurling part of the county!!  Durrow / Cullohill. Currently a Senior B hurling club who were prominent in the 90s - lost a few Senior finals and got relegated last year. Have provided a few footballers to minor and U21 panels down the years but don't remember any senior inter-county footballers from those parts.

Haven't lived in Laois for a long time, but yes of course Durrow/Cullohill I do remember now.
Robert Tyrell first Camross man to play Laois football no ???

steven seagal

Tadgh Doran could have played minor as well, althought I'm not sure. He was a very good underage footballer

Don Draper

Have the parents got any connections over that side of the county? Fair committment from them if not to allow their sons to hurl.
Great going for The Harps to have two lads on a Laois Minor football team, even if they are twins (they are) and have football background. Ciaran is obviously a star player with the hurlers, while I believe Dan is on it too. PJ Daly from The Heath is a Clonad man and also midfield with the hurlers.

Don Draper

Quote from: KOTS3 on April 21, 2017, 02:53:04 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on April 21, 2017, 02:45:43 PM
Great going for The Harps to have two lads on a Laois Minor football team, even if they are twins (they are) and have football background. Ciaran is obviously a star player with the hurlers, while I believe Dan is on it too. PJ Daly from The Heath is a Clonad man and also midfield with the hurlers.

To be fair The Harps didn't have much to do with it, the twins would'be played their underage football with Ballylinan, they only transferred to The Harps this year. Credit where credit is due for the Ballylinan/Glenmore amalgamation for making the lads into two terrific footballers.
Ah right, only this year. I thought they won a Minor B or something there a year or two back no?

Don Draper

Quote from: KOTS3 on April 21, 2017, 03:06:14 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on April 21, 2017, 02:55:56 PM

To be fair The Harps didn't have much to do with it, the twins would'be played their underage football with Ballylinan, they only transferred to The Harps this year. Credit where credit is due for the Ballylinan/Glenmore amalgamation for making the lads into two terrific footballers.
Ah right, only this year. I thought they won a Minor B or something there a year or two back no?

Correct my mistake. They played the Minor B with The Harps last year after they were knocked out of the minor & u17 competitions with ballylinan.
They played with two different Clubs Minor last year?

The Monument Road

Quote from: Don Draper on April 21, 2017, 03:11:01 PM
Quote from: KOTS3 on April 21, 2017, 03:06:14 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on April 21, 2017, 02:55:56 PM

Correct my mistake. They played the Minor B with The Harps last year after they were knocked out of the minor & u17 competitions with ballylinan.
They played with two different Clubs Minor last year?
I think those boys actually got a transfer to the Harps in 2015 while still living in Kileen. They probably played football that year locally ( Arles parish ) The family moved to the Harps area in early 2016 and now they play both codes with the Harps.

SCFC

Good luck to the minors today. God knows, we need a boost as a GAA county.

clonadmad

Unison

More of what we have come to expect from Laois minor football teams over the last decade or so i.e. not too bad in defence and midfield but woefully insipid forward play. Coming away from these matches you realise just how spoilt we were when we had good teams that could play exciting football.

les Antiques

Demoralising leaving today once again . The talent is just there and as the previous poster said we were now appreciate how spoilt Laois football once was at this level.
We have Meath in the Qualifiers .

town1980

Mark Rooney gets Laois to a Leinster final and then he doesn't get the job I ask why????? Having witnessed that against Louth no lads Louth I might ask and we're playing at home we all deserve to know who picked this management team .... we let in 2-11 and a poster says we were good defensively???? Our forward unit did nothing I'm been negative but that was shite today u21 was shite and the senior is shite,,,, county board watts going on,????we don't av one manager that would inspire  mouse to play and that's totally obivious in all grades,,,, Meath will run over us

Unison

There was absolutely no link up play in the forward line what so ever today. The missed penalty effort said it all. With nothing coming through, It looks like we'll be in Div 4 at senior level for a long time to come. The Mark Rooney thing is hard to explain.

I hope the County Board boys got their sandwiches today.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: town1980 on April 22, 2017, 07:02:59 PM
Mark Rooney gets Laois to a Leinster final and then he doesn't get the job I ask why????? Having witnessed that against Louth no lads Louth I might ask and we're playing at home we all deserve to know who picked this management team .... we let in 2-11 and a poster says we were good defensively???? Our forward unit did nothing I'm been negative but that was shite today u21 was shite and the senior is shite,,,, county board watts going on,????we don't av one manager that would inspire  mouse to play and that's totally obivious in all grades,,,, Meath will run over us

You realy have the most one dimensional analytical skills when it comes to football. Team play poorly, Manager out.

town1980

So u think getting rid of mark was a good choice????if I'm wrong and I don't pick the managers let's see if they keep the managers all three by the end of the year,,