Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavan4ever

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 15, 2008, 10:55:29 AM
Northern Sound is a bit like the Anglo Celt. Some boy who know sweet FA just names a couple of guys he recognised on the field as being the key men. Anthony Forde hasn't played a good game for Cavan in a long time - in fact he is too busy fouling and moaning to worry about the ball.  Mulvey is "immensce" alright (i.e. as in large) , he was fairly emmence 1st day out in the championship last year too. The Celt and Northern Sound are like two dinosaurs and personally I ignore the crap both of them come out with.

I agree about Northern Sound but it was one of the selectors that was saying it which would make you wonder if he was looking at the same game as the rest of us.

Blue06

Both players had decent enough second halves after poor first half showings.

Plunkett being a selector is never going to give an impartial opinion, he is only going to say positive things about his players as he should.

Hollow Man

I wuldn't critice the Celt too much if I used the word "emmence" instead of "immense"...

mylestheslasher

I was critising Mulvey, Hollow Man. The only thing immence about him was his weight last year!

BallyhaiseMan

i thought Mulvey was half decent at QUB,
Forde got absolutely destroyed by the movement from the QUB number 11.
See the Celt also proclaiming David Rooneys great performance, he wasnt poor by any means,but hes wasnt in the game very much.  ::)

Hollow Man

QuoteThe only thing immence about him was his weight last year!

The word is immense man, immense...

I thought Mulvey was brutal to be honest. I think Forde will struggle this year as well, apparently he was considering not going back, did anyone hear that?

Was Larry dropped or did he hang up the boots?

If he's finished with Cavan, it's the end of an era for a player who was incredible on his day, but who struggled with fitness in the end, and who blighted his legacy with too many shoddy, ball hogging performances.

On form though in the late 90s, top class... My favourite Cavan player to watch.

cavan4ever

Quote from: Hollow Man on January 17, 2008, 12:15:55 AM

Was Larry dropped or did he hang up the boots?

If he's finished with Cavan, it's the end of an era for a player who was incredible on his day, but who struggled with fitness in the end, and who blighted his legacy with too many shoddy, ball hogging performances.

On form though in the late 90s, top class... My favourite Cavan player to watch.

What i hear he isn't finished yet

Homer

Antrim 1-11 0-16 Queen's

So by my calculations that result puts Cavan through on score difference

Cavan +7 4pts
Queens +3 4pts
Monaghan  -5 2pts
Antrim -6 2pts

:)

LackenLegend

New Lacken manager - Joe O' Connor. Any comments? Do the Gaels have a manager yet?
Timmmmy!

cavan4ever

We won't have to give out about Walsh on this anymore!

Homer

Quote from: cavan4ever on January 21, 2008, 09:29:41 AM
We won't have to give out about Walsh on this anymore!

What do you mean cavan4ever?

cavan4ever

He has quit the Cavan squad didn't here any reaon but it was his own choice.

Homer

Quote from: cavan4ever on January 21, 2008, 10:17:16 AM

:o Did not see that one coming. He will be big loss. Looks like McKeever's midfield role may become more permanent.

Anybody heading up to Newry tomorrow night?

cavan4ever

Quote from: Homer on January 21, 2008, 10:25:42 AM
Quote from: cavan4ever on January 21, 2008, 10:17:16 AM

:o Did not see that one coming. He will be big loss. Looks like McKeever's midfield role may become more permanent.

Anybody heading up to Newry tomorrow night?

is it tomorrow or wednesday either way i wont be going anyway

Martin Cahill is back training with them aswell now

Homer

It's tomorrow night alright, Pairc Esler, 8.00pm with the Derry v Fermanagh game on Wednesday night. Won't be able to make the Cavan game myself either.

Anybody going to the Ballinagh game in Navan on Sunday?