Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

square_ball

Quote from: skeog on February 27, 2020, 05:42:57 PM
Looking like a washout Saturday.Pomeroy on standby apparently be some culture shock for the Blues.

Some culture shock is right. How would their entourage fit in those changing rooms?

Goals_Will_Come

Tyrone game moving to Sunday now?
Healy Park some let down for a county ground.

Stan

Listened to the Podcast by Jarlath Burns on Off the Ball (i think that was it)
I had a very different view of him before listening - have met him a few times and know that he is very driven and focused and hard working etc...the podcast would suggest that he might have some substance to his drive for President.

Anyone heard it?

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Stan on February 27, 2020, 09:21:03 PM
I had a very different view of him before listening - have met him a few times and know that he is very driven and focused and hard working etc...the podcast would suggest that he might have some substance to his drive for President.

Anyone heard it?

Most of these guys talk the talk , but walking it is different. The Last President who walked the walk was Peter Quinn. The current one went in on the ticket of sorting the fixtures, he has been useless.

Stan

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on February 27, 2020, 09:28:58 PM
Quote from: Stan on February 27, 2020, 09:21:03 PM

Anyone heard it?

Most of these guys talk the talk , but walking it is different. The Last President who walked the walk was Peter Quinn. The current one went in on the ticket of sorting the fixtures, he has been useless.

You listened to the podcast then - what did you think?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Goals_Will_Come on February 27, 2020, 08:43:14 PM
Tyrone game moving to Sunday now?
Healy Park some let down for a county ground.

Has this been confirmed anywhere?
That was never a square ball!!

Dire Ear

sensethetone

Looking like a washout Saturday.Pomeroy on standby apparently be some culture shock for the Blues.

Remember Galway played in Pomeroy in the 03 league, the Galway manager said something like- we're playing in someplace called Pomeroy, so that should be interesting. He mustn't of knew there was a song about that area.

GetOverTheBar

Is Pomeroy new facility near close to completion? Be some way to open it.

WT4E

Did McGeary get the Red Overturned? If not what a nightmare that would be in Dub game ended up there.

Also did I hear before Pomeroy hard to get connected for Tv etc???

The_Slug

Quote from: square_ball on February 27, 2020, 06:06:09 PM

Some culture shock is right. How would their entourage fit in those changing rooms?

a club senior team can barely fit in the changing rooms and often have to move half the lads into another changing room to get togged out, and then bring everyone into the one room for the team talk. I would guess the majority of the dublin lads have never experienced anything like that before... and i would think pomeroy might pull the old trick were the electric for the building has suddenly stopped working, leaving the changing rooms with no source of light  ::)

also worth noting that the warm up is done on a tiny area of the back pitch that is literally surrounded by parked cars, it would make for an interesting spectacle.

Truly hope the game goes to pomeroy

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: The_Slug on February 28, 2020, 11:39:57 AM

a club senior team can barely fit in the changing rooms and often have to move half the lads into another changing room to get togged out, and then bring everyone into the one room for the team talk. I would guess the majority of the dublin lads have never experienced anything like that before... and i would think pomeroy might pull the old trick were the electric for the building has suddenly stopped working, leaving the changing rooms with no source of light  ::)

also worth noting that the warm up is done on a tiny area of the back pitch that is literally surrounded by parked cars, it would make for an interesting spectacle.

The Dubs don't have a central training centre sure! They get trained in portacabins.....so they say.

Pearse Blue

Wouldn't make a whole pile of difference.. Dublin U20s would bate us at the minute

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: Pearse Blue on February 28, 2020, 11:55:29 AM

Wouldn't make a whole pile of difference.. Dublin U20s would bate us at the minute

We beat Kerry 3 weeks ago

Pearse Blue

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on February 28, 2020, 12:42:39 PM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on February 28, 2020, 11:55:29 AM

We beat Kerry 3 weeks ago
You're only as good as your last game.. As the old saying goes BigPackie