own point question

Started by irish345, July 07, 2019, 12:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish345

if a goal keeper tips a ball over the bar he cant handle for a point does it go down as an own point or does the player who kicked the ball get awarded the point

In hiding

Quote from: irish345 on July 07, 2019, 12:00:27 PM
if a goal keeper tips a ball over the bar he cant handle for a point does it go down as an own point or does the player who kicked the ball get awarded the point
I don't think it is awarded to either. I think the umpire with the white flag gets it.

Jayop

I was just wondering if they bring in a ban on the fisted point would a goal keeper tipping the ball over the bar then be considered a 45 or a point?

And an even more farcical hypothetical would be if a defender or a goalie is in trouble in front of their own goal and fist the ball over the bar is that a 45 or a point?

Gold

Why on earth would it be a 45?

Its a point to the kicker, not an own point
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Ball Hopper

Saw it reported in a newspaper one time that "the home goalkeeper obliged with 0-1" when listing the scorers at the end of the match report.  I'm sure that was journalistic privilege rather than any commandment from HQ on how to document such events.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Jayop on July 08, 2019, 08:43:56 PM

I was just wondering if they bring in a ban on the fisted point would a goal keeper tipping the ball over the bar then be considered a 45 or a point?

And an even more farcical hypothetical would be if a defender or a goalie is in trouble in front of their own goal and fist the ball over the bar is that a 45 or a point?

So if I'm taking a penalty and it slips through the keeper's hands and into the net, the goal doesn't count? A 45 is awarded?

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 09, 2019, 12:28:16 AM
Quote from: Jayop on July 08, 2019, 08:43:56 PM

So if I'm taking a penalty and it slips through the keeper's hands and into the net, the goal doesn't count? A 45 is awarded?

Probably so, because the odds of you being on a team, let alone being given responsibility for taking penalties, is equally ludicrous.

In hiding

I love thought provoking threads just like this