The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullhard

AZOffaly

Is this a Freudian slip related to what shouldn't work but does? :)
Quote from: pullhard on August 18, 2015, 02:42:08 PM
Dates and jarred chillis

Armamike

The first 2 games have shown signs that some of the problem areas from last season and before are some way to being sorted.  Look more organised at the back and have a striker with movement, pace and physical power who can stretch teams and pin them back and hold the ball up.  The play is more direct with the onus on getting the ball in behind for Benteke fairly quick. No more looking for an option sideways or back. The first instinct is to get it forward quick.   The new signings are doing well and all bring a good bit of pace and aggression.  Very early days but promising signs. It's back on!

On another note, i thought Liverpool lost momentum in that game last night with Henderson going off.  Proving to be a really important player.
That's just, like your opinion man.

AZOffaly

Henderson is a good player lads. I'm sick saying it. It's not his fault he's not Stevie G. He tries really hard, and his passing has improved. I read a stat last night that he has the most assists of any English player since last February or something like that, with 10. That's not bad considering Liverpool scored f**k all last season.

thewingedlady

We were in a bit of trouble when Henderson went off which to me underlined how important he was. Emre Can might become a great player but he looks clueless in that holding role. If Lucas were on the bench he'd have been the man for the job.

Thought Gomez was excellent myself, considering his age and experience. Hardly put a foot wrong.

Next Monday a different prospect altogether though - record at the Emirates is terrible.

Armamike

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 18, 2015, 03:40:22 PM
Henderson is a good player lads. I'm sick saying it. It's not his fault he's not Stevie G. He tries really hard, and his passing has improved. I read a stat last night that he has the most assists of any English player since last February or something like that, with 10. That's not bad considering Liverpool scored f**k all last season.

Yes he is a good player. Just making the observation that Liverpool's standard of play dropped off a good bit after he went off - didn't have anyone to really get on the ball in midfield and steady things.
That's just, like your opinion man.

AZOffaly

Wasnt really aimed at you. More an observation. :)

laoislad

Is there a game tonight?! I had to go to Page 3 to find this!

Lucas in the squad apparently, any word on Hendo?
Dunno bout ye but I'd take a draw right now.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

AZOffaly

Quote from: laoislad on August 24, 2015, 02:13:42 PM
Is there a game tonight?! I had to go to Page 3 to find this!

Lucas in the squad apparently, any word on Hendo?
Dunno bout ye but I'd take a draw right now.

This will be a pointer to how the first half of the year will go. I'm not hopeful, and would take a draw in a heartbeat. That said, you never know how the new lads will react, they may love this, as opposed to two games they would be expecting to win while still trying to bed into the team.

brokencrossbar1

Hate Monday games,  would bite your hand off for a draw.  I think that this is a game that Lucas would excel in as the need to keep a very solid central spine and Lucas. Milner and hopefully Henderson would provide that.  Arsenal can over-run you if you are weak in MF.  I will throw out a curve ball here but I would hold Coutinho and Firmino for the first half.  I would go with a 4-5-1.  Same back 4 as has been playing, Lucas, Milner Hendo/Can in CM, Ibe RW and Moreno LW with Benteke up front on his own.  The pace of Ibe and Moreno on the break would be a great outlet and a MF 3 would keep the centre solid. 

Bingo

Very bold BC1 and very risky. Like last year we'd be 3 down at HT before the boys came into game  ;)

I can't see him changing it too much but with Hendo's likely absence it will mean Can coming in.

I'd put Lucas in along side him and push Milner up where Ibe played. Not too many changes but same shape and Milner can work the wing.

Benteke will have to hold the ball up and keep Arsenal on back foot.

WaterBoy

Lallana injured apparently, out for up to a month with thigh strain.

Could be a blessing in disguise as he wasn't offering much in the first couple of games but Rodgers seemed intent on persisting with him.

Gives Firmino a possibility of his first start.  Henderson doubtful also, wouldn't be surprised to see midfield three of Milner Can & Lucas.  Mad how they are considering letting Lucas leave without replacing him.

Would be happy with a draw tonight, can see us being under the cosh for a lot of the game
Mama says that foos-ball is the devil

AZOffaly

Should we play the blanket defence, and hoof the ball onto the main street when we get it?

AZOffaly

Best of luck, you crazy, crazy bastard.