0 (0%)
Irish Moral Hazard Organisation
1 (33.3%)
I have a better idea!!!!
2 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: May 12, 2015, 09:29:43 PM

PadraicHenryPearse

Is the Irish Moral Hazard Organisation right? is there a silent majority that agree with them or is David Hall and the IMHO right? who shout loudest and speak for all those in mortgage distress.

www.mortgageholders.ie

http://irishmoralhazardorganisation.com/

muppet

Irishmoralhazardorganisation is not planning to be here for the long run. Their domain expires next April. Obviously a stunt by someone in the run up to the next election.

I guess this is our very own version of the Tea Party.

"We share the old fashioned but unfashionable belief that if you do not pay your mortgage your house should be repossessed"

The Eviction Party has an honest ring to it. Can't see it getting many votes this side of Fox News though.

No names anywhere on the site either. I am guessing it is either someone from the banks, or a 'cunning plan' from a pseudo-left party. Probably the latter.
MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

In my honest opinion, I don't know.
Testing Accessibility

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: ziggysego on April 21, 2015, 10:39:21 PM
In my honest opinion, I don't know.

In my humble opinion, you are being quite disingenuous
Hasta la victoria siempre

AZOffaly

Quote from: muppet on April 21, 2015, 10:28:11 PM
Irishmoralhazardorganisation is not planning to be here for the long run. Their domain expires next April. Obviously a stunt by someone in the run up to the next election.

"We share the old fashioned but unfashionable belief that if you do not pay your mortgage your house should be repossessed"

The Eviction Party has an honest ring to it. Can't see it getting many votes this side of Fox News though.

No names anywhere on the site either. I am guessing it is either someone from the banks, or a 'cunning plan' from a pseudo-left party. Probably the latter.

Just because their domain expires next April doesn't mean anything. They are probably on an annual renewal plan.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 22, 2015, 10:18:50 AM
Quote from: muppet on April 21, 2015, 10:28:11 PM

Just because their domain expires next April doesn't mean anything. They are probably on an annual renewal plan.

Why start in April 2015, probably within 12 months of the next election, when this problem started in February 2007 and really kicked off around 2009?

They seem to have launched themselves 10 days ago on thePropertyPin.com. A good website before and during the early days of the crash. But it is now full of 'I told you so' types: http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=64266

Here is the problem. If everyone in arrears has their homes repossessed, the market will collapse further. The banks will lose a fortune, again, and who will be left to pick up the tab? The same taxpayer those moral hazard idiots are claiming to be defending.

If they had said this at the start, in 2007, in particular regarding the banks, i.e. 'this is a free market, whether you are a bank or a citizen if you are broke you are bankrupt and this is it - no taxpayer bailout' - then I would agree.

But since we raised taxes on everything to bail out the banks, exempting then from market forces, thus putting extra pressure on ordinary people who had gotten mortgages in the few years running up to the crash, then I think it is completely immoral to apply market realities (distorted by the bank bailout) only to the citizens, the same citizens who bailed out theses banks and weren't given a choice. This is especially true now that the banks increasing the problem by screwing those on standard variable mortgages.

That is why I believe it is an election stunt.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Not disagreeing that you might be right, but the domain expiry date is not a great indicator.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 22, 2015, 11:16:13 AM
Not disagreeing that you might be right, but the domain expiry date is not a great indicator.

I have only ever registered 2 domains so I know very little about it.
MWWSI 2017