Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Fair enough LSL, one of the classiest in Ulster a bit fanciful, maybe smacked of parochialism a tad, ITG, but its not OTT to say he def should be in Antrims 2-7, a long way better than some preferred this year.

Even Big hoof wouldnt disagree, played with him a time or two.

Hoof Hearted

we will agree on that bannside, a class player, and a good lad too. but if you needed hit on the pitch he wouldnt be behind the door either
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

glens73

Tommy Murphy Cup round one

ANTRIM 1-10 0-11 CARLOW (result)

The mighty Saffrons are on a roll again!

A Quinn Martin Production

Sligo must be hot favs for the TM if they take it seriously??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

A Quinn Martin Production

I now predict Monty will win the Open with a sparking 57 tomorrow ::)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

glens73

Quote from: hardstation on July 19, 2008, 05:23:15 PM
It was one of the worst games I've ever seen.
One step closer to Tommy though.

Did anyone star for Antrim?

glens73

imtommygunn

So is it London next then?

Could croke park be on the cards again this year...

Glensman

Any change of a wee report hardstation? A wee one...honest without being too harsh!

Will next week's Sunday round of club games be affected? Deja vu?
A last mintue defeat in croke would be too much for the ticker.

stiffler

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 19, 2008, 05:47:14 PM
So is it London next then?

Could croke park be on the cards again this year...

London it is.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

playwiththewind1st

London will probably be a bridge too far then, judging by that summary. Me? I kept me £8 in my pocket.

playwiththewind1st

Yer a confident man then.

:D

Gold

Lads, we are a joke, an absolute f**king joke.

we have no pride in ourselves or each other

I was in fermanagh and the atmosphere and sense of togetherness that those people have is something i could never say us having. All we do is sleg each other and put each other and our teams down(teammates included)

there is a f**king serious apathy to our county teams--many of the boys on the teams are too light and not even wirey, we need boys rippin into the weights and staying off drink, drinking protein flat out from they are 17, dying to get on the County team --but why would you wanna get on the County team, when all you do is get slagged and half the boys on the panel dont give a f**k and swall before games (i mean could you imagine that in Armagh)

people in antrim and in belfast in particular are magic at knockin each other and slabberin at each other and crying to referees in games and cryin to papers that they are victims(not just in sport). we are f**king pathetic at the moment--i saw our flag at Clones today as part of the 9 counties and thought i wonder what people from other counties think when they see it--they probably think we should just give up, that we are the poor relations and are shite, morons.

fermanagh have these songs out, Fantastic Fermanagh one is called, they were pumpin it out flat out and although it is cheesy noone was knockin it, they were just havin the craic and enjoyin the good times, could you imagine a song being produced like that for antrim? all the knockers of the day would be going "fack aff, fackin dickheads, fackin ballacks"

in short there is no basis for a successful team coming from our county in the future

we dont have the balls to believe, its too easy to knock and remain less than mediocre

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

bannside

100% Gold.

I particularly like your post re bulking up our players. Weve been sending boys out against men for a long time now.

I could put up with under-achievement at senior level if I was sure that we were working harder than everyone else at under-age, to close the gap. But what we have in reality is the exact opposite.

Even at u-21 level the apathy is frightening. Last year the u-21 hurlers werent given any consideration, and this year it was the football. Hardly worth bothering about, just a nuisance. Got what we deserved. Tanked.

We need a clear action plan for PROPER development of our juveniles in both codes, not the excuse that passes for same at present.

We should really hold our head in shame at the way our juveniles are being treated. And dont talk to me about our widely publicised best ever in Ireland strategic reports. As far as I can see we havent made an ounce of progress at any age group, in any code, or in any area, with possible exception of NA under age hurling development.

FermGael

If Antrim win the TM cup ,would it be enough to keep Gormley in his job??
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered