Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 02, 2022, 10:44:04 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 02, 2022, 08:23:42 PM
I hear Big Noise got a mention on the SV podcast last night again. Celebrity

Will they be at the Devinish this weekend?
Hopefully two complimentary tickets have made their way to the SV recording studio as a token for their efforts to promote and shine a bit of a light on the club game in Antrim.

tintin25

Remember playing against him years ago, very good player.

country bumpkin

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 03, 2022, 09:35:18 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 02, 2022, 10:44:04 PM
Quote from: JimStynes on November 02, 2022, 08:23:42 PM
I hear Big Noise got a mention on the SV podcast last night again. Celebrity

Will they be at the Devinish this weekend?
Hopefully two complimentary tickets have made their way to the SV recording studio as a token for their efforts to promote and shine a bit of a light on the club game in Antrim.

Despite negativity from some quarters SV are well informed and hugely knowledgeable on the strengths or otherwise of the goings on in our county and not afraid to voice opinions, negative or positive....

Milltown Row2

I think most members of clubs will have the same knowledge in fairness.

The reporting of games is fantastic

Losing your shit and throwing the toys out of the pram is not a great look

There are loads of issues going on in every county, everyone is an expert but not actually willing to put themselves forward for positions

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 03, 2022, 09:39:47 AM
Good article from about Piaras Donaghy from Pearses in the Irish news wrt all stars.

https://www.irishnews.com/sport/gaafootball/2022/11/03/news/_representing_pearses_was_all_i_ever_wanted_to_do_-_club_captain_piaras_donaghy-2883102/
A good read and nice to get some recognition for Pearses, but just because all your mates voted you onto an all star team doesn't mean you are getting a phone call from Andy McEntee. Just not at that level but nice to dream.

Belfast GAA man

What chance have cargin ? Have won 4 out of 5 champs so very experienced and poured a lot of money in

country bumpkin

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on November 03, 2022, 09:23:01 PM
What chance have cargin ? Have won 4 out of 5 champs so very experienced and poured a lot of money in

None.....

Saffsof82

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 03, 2022, 09:35:51 PM

None.....

Yous certainly have a chance CB, or is that just a bit of online gamesmanship your at giving your lads no chance?

Christmas Lights

Has Cargin ever won a match in the ulster championship? Genuine question, I don't think they have or can't remember.

country bumpkin

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 04, 2022, 07:48:04 AM
Beat Carrickmore in 1999.

Jeez what a memory D I E.....yep beat Carmen in Casementvand unlucky to lose to Cross by a couple of points in the semi final at Clones.
They went on to win the All Ireland.

Had a gig chance in 2000...die to play Bellaghy in round one, but ... .......

country bumpkin

Quote from: Saffsof82 on November 03, 2022, 11:15:11 PM
Quote from: country bumpkin on November 03, 2022, 09:35:51 PM

None.....

Yous certainly have a chance CB, or is that just a bit of online gamesmanship your at giving your lads no chance?

You misunderstand.....BGA man...
We do have a chance but the money pouring in........Nah....!!!

Spike

Quote from: country bumpkin on November 04, 2022, 08:04:42 AM
Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on November 04, 2022, 07:48:04 AM
Beat Carrickmore in 1999.

Jeez what a memory D I E.....yep beat Carmen in Casementvand unlucky to lose to Cross by a couple of points in the semi final at Clones.
They went on to win the All Ireland.

Had a gig chance in 2000...die to play Bellaghy in round one, but ... .......

Maybe this year with the long break Cargin will show us they care about an Ulster campaign. No easy games though. 

EOC1923

"Show us they care" dear lord

EOC1923

Yes we tried to lose the games in Ulster in previous years, we will try to win this one instead  :(