Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would ye whist

Look back at my earlier posts MR2 where I stated they do a fantastic job and further hats off to them for their commitment to providing a platform for our games......................

I merely struggle to understand why it is reported in one report that a member of one team got removed from the pitch but not the other, coincidence I suppose that the 'journalist' scribing the report happened to be from LD 

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 06, 2022, 09:56:06 AM
Quote from: Tyrdub on May 06, 2022, 09:41:19 AM
Quote from: Would ye whist on May 06, 2022, 09:36:25 AM
This was my point exactly do not go into detail as to why they were sent off but at least reference that they were, instead KH reported how a PG1 man was black carded but did not reference a red for his own club, why the disparity?

Quote from: Tyrdub on May 06, 2022, 08:24:30 AM
Quote from: whatwillbwillb on May 06, 2022, 06:17:13 AM
Quote from: Tyrdub on May 05, 2022, 04:47:23 PM
I'm quite happy these incidents don't get mentioned, then you have a situation where a guy can get lambasted but the reporter may not have seen the incident as per the ref's view, and he will certainly not have any access to the referee's report. KH will not have a clue about what the referee has put the guy in for, it might be rough play and a 2nd yellow, but the report might say something completely different.
I refereed LD last week, issued 2 straight reds, KH was there. I'm glad they weren't mentioned because it was a juvenile match, I wouldn't want a kid to read something bad about himself, especially as the reporter, any reporter, might say something different from what actually occurred.

This surprises me Tyrdud "I'm quite happy these incidents don't get mentioned" considering your past experiences?

True, what I meant though was don't get into the particulars of an incident, and just mention "Player X was sent off". It's the "innocent until proven guilty" angle not the "guilty and wrong thing mentioned or wrong perspective put on it" I don't want. And ideally not mentioned at all in juvenile games. We don't know what's going on behind scenes on in kids heads these days.
And for the record, mine was an exceptional circumstance

Only 1 man can answer this, and given that the guy gives his time FOC, I don't think this is something to get hung up on.

We could go through hundreds of reports and there will be plenty that don't reference certain things (for good reason in my book) and plenty bias shown...

As CB has said there is protocol when writing up reports, any beef that you (not you Tyrdub) have then SG should be the ones that you speak too next time they are at one of the games you are watching, I'm sure they will deal with any issues you have on this matter and give their reasons why.

SG is a free to read service, you don't have to read the reports if you are not happy with them, personally I think they do a brilliant job, and long may it continue.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Would ye whist on May 06, 2022, 10:38:01 AM
Look back at my earlier posts MR2 where I stated they do a fantastic job and further hats off to them for their commitment to providing a platform for our games......................

I merely struggle to understand why it is reported in one report that a member of one team got removed from the pitch but not the other, coincidence I suppose that the 'journalist' scribing the report happened to be from LD 

This was my point exactly do not go into detail as to why they were sent off but at least reference that they were, instead KH reported how a PG1 man was black carded but did not reference a red for his own club, why the disparity?

I'm quite happy these incidents don't get mentioned, then you have a situation where a guy can get lambasted but the reporter may not have seen the incident as per the ref's view, and he will certainly not have any access to the referee's report. KH will not have a clue about what the referee has put the guy in for, it might be rough play and a 2nd yellow, but the report might say something completely different.
I refereed LD last week, issued 2 straight reds, KH was there. I'm glad they weren't mentioned because it was a juvenile match, I wouldn't want a kid to read something bad about himself, especially as the reporter, any reporter, might say something different from what actually occurred.

This surprises me Tyrdud "I'm quite happy these incidents don't get mentioned" considering your past experiences?

True, what I meant though was don't get into the particulars of an incident, and just mention "Player X was sent off". It's the "innocent until proven guilty" angle not the "guilty and wrong thing mentioned or wrong perspective put on it" I don't want. And ideally not mentioned at all in juvenile games. We don't know what's going on behind scenes on in kids heads these days.

Only 1 man can answer this, and given that the guy gives his time FOC, I don't think this is something to get hung up on.

We could go through hundreds of reports and there will be plenty that don't reference certain things (for good reason in my book) and plenty bias shown...

As CB has said there is protocol when writing up reports, any beef that you (not you Tyrdub) have then SG should be the ones that you speak too next time they are at one of the games you are watching, I'm sure they will deal with any issues you have on this matter and give their reasons why.

SG is a free to read service, you don't have to read the reports if you are not happy with them, personally I think they do a brilliant job, and long may it continue.

I get ya and I read the report, and for the ones that were not at the game its our only report to look at. But like anything once someone hears something from a third party well it can be another persons view on things and we all of a sudden have a different perspective of the game.

I was backing up your point on the service they provide, but only saying they'd be happy to chat to. They would be my only neutrals at the games at halftime that are willing to chat lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Would ye whist

Fair enough and points take, the McIllwane's are gents and have a hell of a lot of more experience in reporting than I do. 

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 06, 2022, 10:59:04 AM
Quote from: Would ye whist on May 06, 2022, 10:38:01 AM

I get ya and I read the report, and for the ones that were not at the game its our only report to look at. But like anything once someone hears something from a third party well it can be another persons view on things and we all of a sudden have a different perspective of the game.

I was backing up your point on the service they provide, but only saying they'd be happy to chat to. They would be my only neutrals at the games at halftime that are willing to chat lol

rogercasement

I'm going to have one post on the matter and then leave the conversation. For years LD have tried to intimidate us of the pitch, some times it worked, some times it didn't, the other night it didn't but my concern was they appeared to be going out to physically injure our players! That is low, they have gone way down in my estimation, there is potential for going over the line in all teams, in fact I'd like to see a bit more from our lads. The other night LD went over the line and their football suffered, they would want to.address that. Look forward to meeting them later in the year.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: rogercasement on May 06, 2022, 11:42:09 AM
I'm going to have one post on the matter and then leave the conversation. For years LD have tried to intimidate us of the pitch, some times it worked, some times it didn't, the other night it didn't but my concern was they appeared to be going out to physically injure our players! That is low, they have gone way down in my estimation, there is potential for going over the line in all teams, in fact I'd like to see a bit more from our lads. The other night LD went over the line and their football suffered, they would want to.address that. Look forward to meeting them later in the year.

You don't want others to do it but would prefer if your lads did a bit more of it?

On the topic of playing on the edge, lots of teams see it as a chance to bully teams, Limerick in hurling have been doing for the last few years, before that Kilkenny and in football terms Dublin, fight the fight and the skill will get you over the line.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Dunsilly King

Talked to my mate who observed at first hand the LD V Ports games. He gave a detailed report and to summarise without mentioning anyone. There was alot of clipping done on both sides when it erupted before HT. Second half was surprisingly dull considering what had happened. Thankfully.

Bannside would have had a good view, he's gone very quiet. Although to be fair I wouldn't blame him.

Fair play to RC for not hiding in the long grass and at least making one post on it.

Caesar

Playing on the edge is one thing, intentionally attempting to injure an opposition player is another and is entirely unacceptable!

From what I have heard that's what was happening (off the ball) by the LD player (who shall remain unnamed).

paddyjohn

An LD lad was putting his famous left foot to bad use for once. Sneaked dirty action.

bannside

Up here in Crowne Plaza at the Saffron Business Forum Fundraising dinner and what a superb event it is. A professional showcase for Antrim GAA, hosted by Paul McErlean from MCE and his team.

Particularly delighted that Saffron Gael has been specifically highlighted as a best in class medium for the promotion of our games and a presentation was made to Curly to reflect that.

I personally would like to see the county board step up a bit further in this regard. We might be falling into a trap of taking the unrivalled SG service for granted - the work it does is significant in the promotion of the games in our county.

When you had that and Sean Kelly working in tandem there is little doubt Antrims promotion of GAA culture was amongst the best in the country

bannside

Whoever you're talking to DK is full of bull manure, there wasn't a dirty action in the game until the off the ball incident which sparked the reaction just before half time. That player definitely didn't do his teammates any favours.

Hats off to the referee Danny O Neill who managed to resume play and their wasn't a dirty stroke in the whole of the second half.

Belfast GAA man

so Davitts juveniles are useless , gorts seniors are terribe and LD are animals
any more city bashing?
County good Belfast Bad brigade or what!

bannside

Not my sentiments! We need a city with strong and successful teams. SW clubs clearly starting to raise their game after decades of underachievement. City clubs need to hit reset, especially with juveniles, and that rising tide will lift all boats.

Saffsof82

Quote from: bannside on May 06, 2022, 02:09:46 PM
Up here in Crowne Plaza at the Saffron Business Forum Fundraising dinner and what a superb event it is. A professional showcase for Antrim GAA, hosted by Paul McErlean from MCE and his team.

Particularly delighted that Saffron Gael has been specifically highlighted as a best in class medium for the promotion of our games and a presentation was made to Curly to reflect that.

I personally would like to see the county board step up a bit further in this regard. We might be falling into a trap of taking the unrivalled SG service for granted - the work it does is significant in the promotion of the games in our county.

Sean was a great pro, but he served his 5 years and had to move on as per rule, Sean very much still involved as Ulster rep and covering for our current pro he told me at the game last weekend.

I think BS you will also find if you were talking to paddy mc that several members of our current county board make significant contributions to Sg but without seeking publicity
When you had that and Sean Kelly working in tandem there is little doubt Antrims promotion of GAA culture was amongst the best in the country

Concerned Gael

I attend as many games as possible across both codes and genuinely concerned about someone getting seriously hurt or worse from some of these melees. Hurling not as bad especially as the higher level, do see it at at lower level and think it's do with lacking sharpness and ability . But nobody seems to strike with the hurl above the hip as often thankfully.
Was at game in Hannahstown, both sets of clubs might be disappointed in some actions of players. I heard the usual roar when something happens off the ball and see the PG manager run on the pitch and get involved in "physical alteration" with LD player which kicked everything off and he should take a long hard look at himself for his actions. Why do managers run on the pitch never seen it call anything down which I do think most think they are trying to do, this guy certainly wasn't on to calm down. This SW and Belfast nonsense needs to stop, PG been involved with major melees in last number of years with Belfast teams it seems? Cracking team who must think they have to prove a point according to RC with bullying problem? Too many good players in that team and wish more would play county. How do we stop the potential of someone getting hurt in all seriousness? It's going to get worse. And please stop the country city nonsense. As someone geographically caught in the middle it embarrassing to county and stops us progressing. Always the big bad Belfast or vice versa. Grow up and take responsibility or pride for the  pros and cons of whatever your club is. There is no big agenda for one club or the other in my 33 years plus experience, people just want to do there job and see club or county do well without people in the background pulling moves to get a PG, Ballycastle  Glenarm or LD to do better no matter what some online warriors or trolls seem to think.

🟡⚪️

JimStynes

Quote from: Concerned Gael on May 06, 2022, 11:40:11 PM
I attend as many games as possible across both codes and genuinely concerned about someone getting seriously hurt or worse from some of these melees. Hurling not as bad especially as the higher level, do see it at at lower level and think it's do with lacking sharpness and ability . But nobody seems to strike with the hurl above the hip as often thankfully.
Was at game in Hannahstown, both sets of clubs might be disappointed in some actions of players. I heard the usual roar when something happens off the ball and see the PG manager run on the pitch and get involved in "physical alteration" with LD player which kicked everything off and he should take a long hard look at himself for his actions. Why do managers run on the pitch never seen it call anything down which I do think most think they are trying to do, this guy certainly wasn't on to calm down. This SW and Belfast nonsense needs to stop, PG been involved with major melees in last number of years with Belfast teams it seems? Cracking team who must think they have to prove a point according to RC with bullying problem? Too many good players in that team and wish more would play county. How do we stop the potential of someone getting hurt in all seriousness? It's going to get worse. And please stop the country city nonsense. As someone geographically caught in the middle it embarrassing to county and stops us progressing. Always the big bad Belfast or vice versa. Grow up and take responsibility or pride for the  pros and cons of whatever your club is. There is no big agenda for one club or the other in my 33 years plus experience, people just want to do there job and see club or county do well without people in the background pulling moves to get a PG, Ballycastle  Glenarm or LD to do better no matter what some online warriors or trolls seem to think.

🟡⚪️

That sort of talk isn't welcomed around here.