Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asaffgael

Throw in the Tailteann cup for good measure

bannside

I was present at an emergency meeting of the CCC to
discuss fixture congestion a couple of years ago when club delegates were invited to air feedback and attempt to come up with proposals to alleviate this eternal headache, I can only say my eyes were truly opened to the myriad of complexities involved. Trust me this is not an easy or straightforward fix.

EOC1923

Agreed BS Impossible job, fair play to Raymond in particular at the Ccc for carrying out this role.
I previously posted about go games in SW, they are  planned to start this Sunday at Allen Park 3G, we'll done  to organisers of this great to see.

Saffsof82

Horrible job being on ccc, lads must have skin like rhinos. With my kids playing I'm delighted to hear that they will get over twice the number of games they were getting as last 3-4 years, add in the divisional board cups and has the making for a great and busy season.

Belfast GAA man

Great to see Gaelfast up at Toome today . Must give them a ring and see when they are coming Back to Belfast

Ciall

imtommygunn

Serious chip on the shoulder about this gaelfast going on here. Must be some baggage there.

How dare they go up to the country ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 11, 2022, 08:00:15 AM
Serious chip on the shoulder about this gaelfast going on here. Must be some baggage there.

How dare they go up to the country ;D

Maybe someone applied for role and didn't get it?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

When are people on here going to get the concept that the programme has been extended beyond the boundaries of Belfast.

For right or wrong but those are the facts, so if they are in Toome or Cushendun they are merely carrying out their roles.

If you want a go at someone regarding the remit of Gaelfast, look past the staff and start asking questions above that level.

Belfast GAA man

my fault for believign that Gfast was for belfast and surrounding areas . Do we really need coaches in Toome the strongest area for football in Antrim? or hurling coaches in the glens? this is a cop out. I , and i'm entitled to my opinion, is they should be in North / South / East Belfast flat out - greater need but harder work

country bumpkin

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on February 11, 2022, 10:21:30 AM
my fault for believign that Gfast was for belfast and surrounding areas . Do we really need coaches in Toome the strongest area for football in Antrim? or hurling coaches in the glens? this is a cop out. I , and i'm entitled to my opinion, is they should be in North / South / East Belfast flat out - greater need but harder work

Gaelfast is the coaching of the games department of Antrim GAA.
Our aim is to reinvigorate Gaelic Games ni Belfast and Antrim....

NAG1

No need for the apology  ;)

Your opinion is valid but your anger/ concern is misdirected at those delivering. You need to start asking questions of those who are above this level.

imtommygunn

It kind of lost significance when you chastised them for not working when they legally weren't allowed to so it looked like you had some kind of ulterior motive for chastising them  ???

johnnycool

Quote from: NAG1 on February 11, 2022, 09:49:21 AM
When are people on here going to get the concept that the programme has been extended beyond the boundaries of Belfast.

For right or wrong but those are the facts, so if they are in Toome or Cushendun they are merely carrying out their roles.

If you want a go at someone regarding the remit of Gaelfast, look past the staff and start asking questions above that level.

Haven't been to the Ards yet, but we do accept the invites to attend when others pull out.

johnnycool

Quote from: country bumpkin on February 11, 2022, 10:41:36 AM

Gaelfast is the coaching of the games department of Antrim GAA.
Our aim is to reinvigorate Gaelic Games ni Belfast and Antrim....

Are you sure about that?

I think Gaelfast required the approval of Down County board for it to fly with Croke Park in the initial planning.