Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

So did cargin play well or not??

country bumpkin

Quote from: imtommygunn on September 11, 2016, 08:22:30 PM
suc question is of irellevance my friend......as I said donkey or Porsche the veichle to the destination is of no concern to Cargin .....we are in the last four.......and I am quite sure they will not be heeding the directions given by those who are on foot and lagging miles behind. ::)

paddyjohn

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 11, 2016, 08:30:26 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on September 11, 2016, 08:22:30 PM
suc question is of irellevance my friend......as I said donkey or Porsche the veichle to the destination is of no concern to Cargin .....we are in the last four.......and I am quite sure they will not be heeding the directions given by those who are on foot and lagging miles behind. ::)

Pride comes before a fall chief.

Mickey Linden

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 11, 2016, 08:16:06 PM
Do indeed but hate negative critism from those who are not within a beagle's gowl  :)

So if ur not from st galls or cargin u can't comment on Antrim football? I for one scanned on here looking opinion on the cargin Creggan game so I do appreciate people's views here wether they be from Dunloy, portglenone or anywhere else

imtommygunn

Gees saying you didn't play well is hardly a slight. If you didn't you didn't. Is it not the best place to be to play badly and win?

bannside

Can Cargin win this year's championship. Yes maybe. But they were need to.play much more like a Porsche than a donkey. In CB's own words of course.

country bumpkin

So somebody please explain how any team can 'play badly' in what was in essence a derby affair in which they score 2=10 and finish six point winners to reach a championship semi final.......and most of the commentators are so proud of their own club's achievements they keep such info to themselves.....  :'(

imtommygunn

Two teams can play badly and one can just play worse :o

Awful sensitive. It is possible to play badly and win.

Milltown Row2

Look Cargin can win this no problem.... The only team to beat Cargin is Cargin.... Mentality needs to be right for them... As they have imploded a few times.... Certainly against us over the years and I remember one game at Casement v Lamhs were they lost the plot!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Spike

Was at the game on Saturday.  Cargin played 10 mins football in first half and blew creggan away then sat back and let creggan get back into it. 2 things then happened, kolo came on and snuffed out creggans only threat which meant creggan were toothless. 2nd-tomas mccann then showed up and ran the creggan Defence ragged the last 20 mins, opening huge holes in that defence. 6 points in championship football is a bad beating.   Make no mistake, cargin won that game at a canter. Last week has pulled the wool over people's eyes-creggan have not improved at all from last year, and cargin are still the best team in the county. MR2 is right tho-the only team to beat cargin is cargin. If cargin play well for any reasonable period against any team in the county they will win. Will still be surprised if the wiley old foxes of St galls don't try to get into their heads. It'll be anyone's championship if they do

erinsboy

The thing that creggan done well with cargin was get under there skin and stop them from playing in both games if they just came out and tried to play football with us cargin would run over them so you must take the negative tactics into account which was to stop cargin getting any momentum during both games 6 point win over the parish rivals I will take that any day!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: erinsboy on September 11, 2016, 11:15:05 PM
The thing that creggan done well with cargin was get under there skin and stop them from playing in both games if they just came out and tried to play football with us cargin would run over them so you must take the negative tactics into account which was to stop cargin getting any momentum during both games 6 point win over the parish rivals I will take that any day!

St Galls have had to deal with that for years!!! Why would you expect anything else?!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: country bumpkin on September 11, 2016, 06:43:21 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 11, 2016, 05:05:04 PM
Was at the match last night. Creggan kicked some bad wides in the first half and to me looked the better team. However two bad goals cost them big time.
Michael mc cann ran the game and pulled the strings for cargin. Wasn't overally impressed with cargin but they did what was needed to win.
Was talking to JB after I scanned ur comments DR he promises to take a look at Dunloy in the Intermediate final and most likely make suitable adjustments to try and reach ur standards......... ;) :D :D

;D i wouldnt do that, footballs just an aul game we look at when theres no hurling about.

in all seriousness i didn't think cargin were poor, rather they rode their luck for periods of the game. they got a lucky goal at the start when the defender passed across his goal and the wides creggan hit was shocking.i had a feeling they would regret them at some point and it did.

I thought Creggan started the second half the better team but then lost the run of themselves and their discipline. All of their game plan and play just went out the window.
hurl like f**k boi!

Hectic

Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on September 11, 2016, 08:13:08 PM
Quote from: Hectic on September 11, 2016, 09:03:05 AM
Quote from: Pocs pints and the gaa on September 10, 2016, 07:58:04 PM
Aghagallon shouldn't even be in the Antrim league! Armagh scumbags

Really?

Sure they started off in Armagh, their underage played in Armagh, their camogie plays in Armagh, they go to school in Armagh, most of them support Armagh, so that looks like Armagh men to me! Also does their parish not also run into down?

And the scumbags bit???

erinsboy

Mill town what parish rivals have st galls had in the last 15 years that you can compare to cargin and creggan you might say that cargin have been your rivals but it's not the same cargin and st galls match are usually pure football the last four or five times cargin have played creggan in championship it has been a slug fest of who wants it the most with very little football just look at the number of frees or cards the parish rivalry down here is on a different level to what st gall are used till.