Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: hardstation on April 25, 2014, 11:34:52 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on April 25, 2014, 11:33:31 AM
Well Hardstation it is more than obvious that you are not a member of CLG and in matters involving such I wonder why you insist in making comment on matters which pertain to the Association.
Hope this is coherent.
I most certainly am a member of CLG.

On another note. A message was posted on our County Guestbook about CSC running a bus to Ballycastle on Sunday. The message appeared on the guestbook last night. It has been removed this morning.

Nothing like encouraging support for our County teams. ::)

Agree regarding the support for county teams. Instead of playing a full round of Football fixtures on Sunday why not play them tonight or tomorrow evening?

paddyjohn

Quote from: hardstation on April 25, 2014, 02:41:30 PM
I don't understand that at all but there must be a reason why they can't.

Must be a damn good reason. I can think of at least 5 weekends where my club is free from both Football & Hurling fixtures.

theskull1

A bit of due diligence would have these things sorted. But they're not sorted

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Gizzy15

Quote from: theskull1 on April 25, 2014, 04:41:17 PM

Same last year for Antrim v Monaghan championship game with a full fixture list of hurling matches that day, sure we'd have nothing ti whine about if it wasn't for the county and administrators. SIE has went off on one next door too.

oneclubonelife

I know what you are saying about county managers but is there a rule that states that a county manager can only have call on players, not sure of the exact time frame,10 days before a championship match. Can this not be enforced ?. What is worse case here (1) That no football be played until the county manager agrees and calls of matches at short notice,(2)That club football continues on and the county manager plays challenge matches on a Saturday and send his players back to their clubs on a Sunday injured and are not able to play or (3) the clubs play their league games and don't have any access to their county players until it suits the county manager.
My biggest gripe with all of this is that club players are the losers no matter what-they arrange family commitments , work/college commitments around fixture only to get a phone call or text a couple of days before a fixture to say it has been brought forward of put back - its as if nobody else except people in the county setup are allowed to make arrangements. A lot of it smacks from desperation from county managers. I hate making comparisons but in rugby and soccer the players plays with their club/province and join a training camp 10  days before the actual fixture. I know its not the same but could something along these lines not be tried.

ONeill

What's this about Davitt's not fulfilling their fixture yesterday because they were celebrating Cliftonville's title win? Any truth?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Gizzy15 on April 25, 2014, 06:57:56 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on April 25, 2014, 04:41:17 PM

Same last year for Antrim v Monaghan championship game with a full fixture list of hurling matches that day, sure we'd have nothing ti whine about if it wasn't for the county and administrators. SIE has went off on one next door too.
is that what I did?  ::)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

bannside

MR - whats the story with St Galls at underage level. I see your minors lost by over 20 points to Randalstown, and you are bottom of the second division behind Setanta and Davitts. Is this just a bad year group or whats the story. Surely with the pedigree and tradition of St Galls you can do better than this. Do you still expect to be a top two or three football club in five years?

Have to say it dosent look good for the Galls from the outside.

shawshank

Bakers push for promotion with Claudy has had a set back early in the season with one win from three games, lying 12th out of 15 teams in the intermediate league. Perhaps it is the championship that he has his sights on with Antrim and Claudy. You have to hand to him, he has a fantastic appetite.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on May 07, 2014, 11:55:15 AM
MR - whats the story with St Galls at underage level. I see your minors lost by over 20 points to Randalstown, and you are bottom of the second division behind Setanta and Davitts. Is this just a bad year group or whats the story. Surely with the pedigree and tradition of St Galls you can do better than this. Do you still expect to be a top two or three football club in five years?

We haven't won minor in years, same as under 21, can't get the 'special' team together that all clubs get every so often, but we've managed to add a couple of players to the senior team every so often, it's not the best run of years at under age level I agree but we were unlucky at under 12 last year (we've a cracking dual team coming through) so hopefully that will lead on, few of the past/present players have kids on these teams (Burnsy/stewart) so I'm hopeful that we will continue.

We still have a big Saturday morning drive going on at the pitches. I think we may only win the odd Championship now as these lads are, not past old men but nearing an age where the drive for so many trophies in a row will eventually lead to retirements, It's been a great journey in fairness, will still take a decent team to beat us if we hit form again
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

NAG1

Quote from: shawshank on May 07, 2014, 03:17:19 PM
Bakers push for promotion with Claudy has had a set back early in the season with one win from three games, lying 12th out of 15 teams in the intermediate league. Perhaps it is the championship that he has his sights on with Antrim and Claudy. You have to hand to him, he has a fantastic appetite.

For what exactly?

theskull1

For the game stupid  ::)   :P

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: bannside on May 07, 2014, 11:55:15 AM

You have to laugh at these people from clubs like Portglenone asking a super club like St Galls whats gone wrong. A club who have never won anything.
It would be the same as Greenlough asking what has gone wrong with Bellaghy.

curious

Galls juvenile problems are of their own making and it will start to haunt them in the near future. Management over the years paid little or no attention to incremental development of kids. Mentality developed that as long as the senior footballers were on top, all was well. Any fool knows that the best time to plan for the future is when you are ahead. Club threw that away.
They may never again produce a group of players as multi talented as the current senior footballers but they failed in their responsibility to maximise the development  of the youth talent at their disposal.
Some of the management failings include the absence of a coach development programme, failure to have parents as key stakeholders in developing the talents of kids, no proper networking with feeder primary schools, no strategic  development of an out of date juvenile section of the Club, no systematic mechanism to appoint juvenile coaches, no coach accountability procedures. I could go on but these are examples of things that should have been addressed at least five years ago

theskull1

Please tell me the club that's able to deliver all that?

I presume your club?