Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CitySlicker11

Looks like Baker is back in for another go. Set to be confirmed this evening. Interesting to say the least.

AQMP

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on November 05, 2013, 01:34:50 PM
Looks like Baker is back in for another go. Set to be confirmed this evening. Interesting to say the least.

Like Mourinho...The Special One returns!

Paddy supposedly coming too (any chance he would play?!?)

culchie11

i suppose the local paper got it wrong too  ::)

maybe they werent there either lol

aye heard its baker & paddy & a fella for strength & conditioning.

hope he gets the support of the players.

country bumpkin - that was some cryptic message for ur 1st post!!

jftj

Having a look at the Irish news about the selection panel for picking our new manager.jesus wept.not 1 person who played inter county or ever managed a football team.how are they qualified to make this decision.Surely a better process would have been to select 7 knowledgable men along with county chairmen.i know Derry did this and surely most counties with a titter of wit do the same.People like Whitey(Rossa)mccrudden(LD)darragh(st.johns)o,neill(cargin)mckeever(pgnone)Sean mc gourty(galls).just off the top of my head .

glens abu

Heard not too many hands raised to endorse Baker tonight,he will need to hit the ground running to build up a bit of belief.

country bumpkin

Think Baker will only have to have his squad dawdling on the ground to be a huge improvement on what went before. :P

stibhan

Quote from: jftj on November 05, 2013, 03:42:37 PM
Having a look at the Irish news about the selection panel for picking our new manager.jesus wept.not 1 person who played inter county or ever managed a football team.how are they qualified to make this decision.Surely a better process would have been to select 7 knowledgable men along with county chairmen.i know Derry did this and surely most counties with a titter of wit do the same.People like Whitey(Rossa)mccrudden(LD)darragh(st.johns)o,neill(cargin)mckeever(pgnone)Sean mc gourty(galls).just off the top of my head .

I wouldn't have a St Johns or Portglenone person anywhere near it if their clubmates are going for it.

In any case the county made the right decision.

NAG1

Anyone know what capacity that P Bradley would be coming into the set up under?

ArfurFoxAche

Sure there was a St John's clubman on the selection committee..oh wait, maybe not!

The man's been chosen anyway so good luck to him.

jftj

Quote from: stibhan on November 06, 2013, 02:29:39 PM

I wouldn't have a St Johns or Portglenone person anywhere near it if their clubmates are going for it.

Ok then a selection of football men who have played county football and also managed at senior level.Surely they would know a lot more than the men who made the decision.its like asking Jimmy Saville to be a judge for "humanitarian of the year".Baker is certainly not the worst appointment in the world and I wish him the best

Milltown Row2

Seen it today. Thought it was funny as. Which one plays for the Johnnies?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Lamh Dearg are to play Rossa in the next round of the under-21 championship to-morrow. Paddy Power is betting on the game, at evens your pick, but they go 1/8 its not finished, and 1/20 that Little Joe will be away on holiday when the referee's report arrives. 8)

stibhan

Quote from: jftj on November 06, 2013, 03:58:48 PM

Ok then a selection of football men who have played county football and also managed at senior level.Surely they would know a lot more than the men who made the decision.its like asking Jimmy Saville to be a judge for "humanitarian of the year".Baker is certainly not the worst appointment in the world and I wish him the best

If you ask me, should we need to appoint a manager again in the near future (let's hope not, obviously), the County Board should appoint an outside panel of experts to decide who to go for. Not only would that widen the scope of the pool they would have to pick from, it would also mean that any bias or whatever other allegations would be taken out of it. It might also address some of your humanitarian concerns.

jftj

Quote from: stibhan on November 08, 2013, 09:08:31 PM
Quote from: jftj on November 06, 2013, 03:58:48 PM

If you ask me, should we need to appoint a manager again in the near future (let's hope not, obviously), the County Board should appoint an outside panel of experts to decide who to go for. Not only would that widen the scope of the pool they would have to pick from, it would also mean that any bias or whatever other allegations would be taken out of it. It might also address some of your humanitarian concerns.
Could work also.certainly a lot better than the aforementioned process.