NFL Division 3 Thread

Started by SLIGONIAN, February 01, 2010, 06:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

if Wexford beat Antrim then both get promoted?

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

passedit

Quote from: hardstation on April 07, 2010, 02:17:38 PM
Excellent. Put it back up mods.

In fairness it had the look of someone mischief making at the poster's expense. Sort of Bard of Aughrim jobby.
Don't Panic

passedit

Quote from: hardstation on April 07, 2010, 02:31:35 PM
Quote from: passedit on April 07, 2010, 02:28:34 PM
Quote from: hardstation on April 07, 2010, 02:17:38 PM
Excellent. Put it back up mods.

In fairness it had the look of someone mischief making at the poster's expense. Sort of Bard of Aughrim jobby.
You mean there is someone out there with no gaaboard account, who is out to get me? Scary stuff this internet.

It's not all about you HS.  ;) I'd say it was more an attempt to embarrass the account holder. Or maybe he is an incoherant nutjob. Would his previous posts suggest as much?
Don't Panic

ross4life

Quote from: hardstation on April 07, 2010, 02:29:18 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 07, 2010, 02:23:49 PM
No. If Sligo beat Roscommon by more than Wexford beat Antrim, Antrim and Sligo go up. If Wexford beat Antrim by more than Sligo beat Roscommon, Antrim and Wexford go up. If both Sligo and Wexford win by 10 points +, they both go up.

Ohh s*it so the Sligo boys will blame us if we don't let them hammer us

Judging by Results so far... i can't see Sligo Beating us by more than 3/4 points & i expect Wexford to win

so will be time to get the Calculator out on Sunday afternoon
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on April 07, 2010, 03:10:08 PM
No. If Sligo beat Roscommon by more than Wexford beat Antrim, Antrim and Sligo go up. If Wexford beat Antrim by more than Sligo beat Roscommon, Antrim and Wexford go up. If both Sligo and Wexford win by 10 points +, they both go up.

Judging by Results so far... i can't see Sligo Beating us by more than 3/4 points & i expect Wexford to win

We are capable of beating Roscommon by alot but with being favourites id have a slight worry our old failings will comeback. HS has it right though in all those permutations. I'll be shocked if Wexford beat Antrim to be honest.

We only look at ourselves ross4life, as you seen from the u21 final. Roscommon dont like to lose to us no matter if yer relegated or not so we dont expect the charity we showed yee last sat ;).
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 07, 2010, 03:41:12 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 07, 2010, 03:10:08 PM

We are capable of beating Roscommon by alot but with being favourites id have a slight worry our old failings will comeback. HS has it right though in all those permutations. I'll be shocked if Wexford beat Antrim to be honest.

We only look at ourselves ross4life, as you seen from the u21 final. Roscommon dont like to lose to us no matter if yer relegated or not so we dont expect the charity we showed yee last sat ;).

to be honest now that we are relegated i have little or no interest in this game

& the Under 21 players are expected to be given a well earned rest this sunday  ;)

saying all that it would be nice to have rematch in July don't you think  8)

magpie seanie

If Sligo beat Roscommon I'd say it will be by very little. To go up I'd say we'll need Antrim to get a win/draw or hold Wexford to a 1 point win or something like that.

ross4life

well it's confirmed Roscommon will rest all the under 21 players on sunday

so we are without our three best senior players shine, Garvey & higgins

so the 3/4 point defeat i predicted shall be changed to a 7/8 point defeat

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: ross4life on April 08, 2010, 05:23:41 PM

If true how do ye feel about that? I can understand it but I wouldnt agree with it. I think Roscommon are putting way to much emphasis on underage at the min, No one can tell me a win in Markievicz wouldnt be a fair boost going into championship. Remember underage is really to feed the seniors, and IMO the seniors should always be priority.

Thanks all the same though lads ;)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 08, 2010, 06:01:03 PM
Quote from: ross4life on April 08, 2010, 05:23:41 PM

If true how do ye feel about that? I can understand it but I wouldnt agree with it. I think Roscommon are putting way to much emphasis on underage at the min, No one can tell me a win in Markievicz wouldnt be a fair boost going into championship. Remember underage is really to feed the seniors, and IMO the seniors should always be priority.

Thanks all the same though lads ;)

Mixed feelings i guess

first off where relegated so if we still had something to play for you can be sure those players would not be rested

Sure we need any type of boost for the championship & a heavy defeat here won't be good

but one plus others players will now get the chance to impress

Rossfan

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on April 08, 2010, 06:01:03 PM
. I think Roscommon are putting way to much emphasis on underage at the min,

We have no choice. We have about 4 decent footballers over 23 in the County.
An U 21 All Ireland would certainly be more of a boost to the County than putting up a decent show in the last Round of Div 3 NFL.
I think you'll find the crowd last Saturday was bigger than attended Ros's 6 NFL games and I suspect it was bigger than ye're 6 as well.
Shows you that you are perhaps alone in your running down of under age .
Would you have a different view if Sligo had won last Sat?  :D ::) :P
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BallyhaiseMan

Theres no such thing as putting too much emphasis on underage,
Rossies have failed to perform at senior level due to one element,
They have not had a manager that has been able to build a team around that great talent.
Maughan and now O Donnell havent produced,
By the way Which of them drove away the experienced lads like Big Seamie and Gary Cox,Karl Mannion etc?

Some may counter this argument with" some of those minors/under 21's havent progressed",
All you have to do is look at the likes of Donie Shine/Cathal Cregg excelling in a star studded DCU Line up to see what type of talent is there.

Rossfan

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 08, 2010, 08:45:26 PM
By the way Which of them drove away the experienced lads like Big Seamie and Gary Cox,Karl Mannion etc?

Big Seamie hasnt been fit enough for the last 3 years and wasnt able to give commitment this year for work reasons.
Gary cox left of his own accord in February as an ankle injury wasnt clearing up while Karol Mannion is only coming back to club football after a bad injury last Summer.
In addition - J Nolan,D Casey,D Flynn,MO'Carroll,Finneran(I think),F Cregg,DO'Gara and S Kilbride are out with long term injuries. Meanwhile Donal Ward and David Keenan only returned to the panel in recent weeks following long term injuries incurred in 2009.
As well as that any of the recent under age players coming into the Senior team are basically going into a "black hole"( like Anglo Irish Bank  >:() as there are few or no good senior players there to bring them along unlike young lads coming onto teams like Kerry,Tyrone , even Mayowestros etc etc.
So as Brian Cowen might put it we have some more years of pain but when Sam comes the the Square in Roscommon Town( 2015 ish) it will all be forgotten ;D

imtommygunn

What age is Frankie Dolan? Wwas there a fella Dunning in the forwards who was quite young too?

Rossfan

Frankie is 32 this year. He came back in 08 and was  not a success.
Dunning is 30 this year but would not bring anything to the team except a bit of head down brainless running out to the corner flag.