Previous topic - Next topic

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on December 14, 2015, 02:30:12 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on December 14, 2015, 02:03:49 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 14, 2015, 01:55:25 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on December 14, 2015, 01:44:34 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 14, 2015, 01:42:19 PM
I applied for 2 for the Sweden game.
Some difference in price between Cat 1 and Cat 4 tickets!
Snap. Over on Saturday 11th and back Tuesday 14th from Orly. Looking at Eurostar from London to Lille for Italy game. Can't swing any more days to go to Bordeaux.
Would I want to be booking flights now or wait and see will I get tickets?
Flights will probably rocket in price nearer the time. When do we find out if we've been successful getting tickets?
I'd be looking at flights...I got Dublin - Paris Orly on the Saturday via London for 138 euro. Couple hours stop over in London but directs were mad.
Got Orly to Dublin direct on Tuesday 14th around 6pm for 85 euro.
Find out from Uefa in Feb...don't think Sweden game will be much hassle. You were able to buy tickets in advance for each venue last summer so likely there will be a good few returns from the French as Ireland Sweden isn't exactly a glamour tie....they'll be put back up on sale in March...
Most people I know applied for 4 tickets each so there will be surplus tickets floating around I reckon...
The price for 2 direct from Dublin to Paris return is nearly 800!!
Had a look around and I can fly to Paris via Liverpool and back again via Liverpool from the Sunday to the tuesday for a combined 280 for two adults! Some difference.
4hr stop in Liverpool on way over and 2hr on way back but still its some saving.
Ya...massive savings if you look around. Lads i know are flying to Brussels and then getting train down to Paris for 29 euro...

Not sure if there is any advantage of applying for tickets now or later but prefer to get things out of the way....sure I've accomodation booked in Belgrade for 1st match of World Cup qualifying against Serbia in September 2016...might get a part time job running logistics... ;D

annapr

If you order 4 but end up only needing 2 or 3 do you have to pay for the full 4 or will there be an option at checkout?
Are you left with the spare tickets to sell yourself?

AZOffaly

Surely to God this tournament is tailor made for the gang of lads in a camper van and the ferry over?

ballinaman

Quote from: annapr on December 14, 2015, 02:45:14 PM
If you order 4 but end up only needing 2 or 3 do you have to pay for the full 4 or will there be an option at checkout?
Are you left with the spare tickets to sell yourself?
Yes...left to sell. No option at checkout

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 14, 2015, 02:45:46 PM
Surely to God this tournament is tailor made for the gang of lads in a camper van and the ferry over?
In theory yes but the journey times are tough enough, group E was probably the worst draw in terms of driving needed. Bordeaux to Lille will be well over 10 hours. Campsites are usually well outside the city centres where the craic is and a hassle getting to and from....
Cost of ferry is fairly steep too, better off renting over in France if you are going to do it.
I know a few who did it in Poland and swore never again.....decent leaba in a hotel/hostel with showers is easier on the body for constant beering....

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Esmarelda on December 14, 2015, 02:10:36 PM
Can someone explain how the applying for tickets works?

I understand that applications begin today and end some time in January. Is there an advantage in applying early or are the lucky ones just picked at random regardless of when the application is made?

Closes January 18th or something like that but there is no difference whether you apply today or apply then.

Applesisapples

Quote from: annapr on December 12, 2015, 09:59:25 PM
I think its a decent enough draw.
Sweden aren't world beaters by any stretch of the imagination.
Italy are Italy but we have got results against them before.
Belgium probably the toughest but not the toughest of the Pool A teams that we could have gotten.
In summary it could have been better but could have been much worse.
I think the Norths group is tougher.
We consoled ourselves with the belief that OWC had an easy group, their draw in the finals will put that to the test. I'd say they will be lucky to get a point, but you never know Michael O'Neill is a good manager.

laoislad

Fantastic result for Dundalk tonight.
Would be fantastic if they make the group stages.
They have already guaranteed themselves €7 million apparently.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Gold

I thought that meant they were through? ?

One more round needed??
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

heganboy

Phenomenal result for Dundalk!

One more qualification round to go...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Walter Cronc

Any idea who they'll play now? The likes of Celtic/Man City?

If they made the group stages would they play them in the Aviva. Would Dundalk's home ground meet the necessary standards?

Boycey

Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 03, 2016, 09:45:19 AM

If they made the group stages would they play them in the Aviva. Would Dundalk's home ground meet the necessary standards?

They can play Celtic but not City, there's a champions and non champions side to draw..

At present the 5 most likely sides they can meet are

Celtic
Plzen
Salzburg
Olympiacos
Nicosia

Walter Cronc

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Gold on August 03, 2016, 12:03:38 AM
I thought that meant they were through? ?

One more round needed??

They're into the CL playoff round, if they win that they're in CL group stage, if they lose they're in Europa League group stage.

Boycey

Quote from: Boycey on August 03, 2016, 09:53:42 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on August 03, 2016, 09:45:19 AM

They can play Celtic but not City, there's a champions and non champions side to draw..

At present the 5 most likely sides they can meet are

Celtic
Plzen
Salzburg
Olympiacos
Nicosia

Legia Warsaw in place of Olympiacos and those are the teams Dundalk can meet..

ashman

Would be great if Dundalk beat Celtic and socked it in to the sky barstoolers in this country.

Remember Pats nearly did it in. 1998 drawing 0-0 in Scotland .  The home leg was played at Tolka which was a bad call .