FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

annapr

I think its a decent enough draw.
Sweden aren't world beaters by any stretch of the imagination.
Italy are Italy but we have got results against them before.
Belgium probably the toughest but not the toughest of the Pool A teams that we could have gotten.
In summary it could have been better but could have been much worse.
I think the Norths group is tougher.

ONeill

This is a hard tournament to get eliminated from. As well as the generous qualifying numbers, top 2 in each of the 6 groups qualify as well as 4 of the 6 third placed teams.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

BennyCake

Quote from: ONeill on December 12, 2015, 11:40:37 PM
This is a hard tournament to get eliminated from. As well as the generous qualifying numbers, top 2 in each of the 6 groups qualify as well as 4 of the 6 third placed teams.

It's as bad as the X factor!

seafoid

Quote from: ONeill on December 12, 2015, 11:40:37 PM
That's just to get it down to 16 so they can run the knockout with pre quarters, quarters etc. The republic are probably not in the top 16.

general

Rob Elliot for Newcastle yesterday TOP CLASS

Asal Mor

Quote from: general on December 14, 2015, 09:35:27 AM
Rob Elliot for Newcastle yesterday TOP CLASS

He's been excellent for them recently. I'd imagine that he's now first choice, ahead of Krul when he gets back from injury.

OgraAnDun

Anyone applied for their tickets yet? Does anyone know what the actual difference is between applying for a 'Follow your Team' ticket and applying for the matches individually in a package?

laoislad

I applied for 2 for the Sweden game.
Some difference in price between Cat 1 and Cat 4 tickets!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on December 14, 2015, 01:42:19 PM
Snap. Over on Saturday 11th and back Tuesday 14th from Orly. Looking at Eurostar from London to Lille for Italy game. Can't swing any more days to go to Bordeaux.

ballinaman

Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 14, 2015, 01:14:41 PM
Anyone applied for their tickets yet? Does anyone know what the actual difference is between applying for a 'Follow your Team' ticket and applying for the matches individually in a package?
Follow your team is that you pay for tickets all way to final in advance and Uefa transfer the money back to you if/when Ireland get knocked out. I had em for Euros in Poland....had to pay 850 upfront or something....got money back minus group games in August I think.

laoislad

Quote from: ballinaman on December 14, 2015, 01:44:34 PM
Snap. Over on Saturday 11th and back Tuesday 14th from Orly. Looking at Eurostar from London to Lille for Italy game. Can't swing any more days to go to Bordeaux.
Would I want to be booking flights now or wait and see will I get tickets?
Flights will probably rocket in price nearer the time. When do we find out if we've been successful getting tickets?

ballinaman

Quote from: laoislad on December 14, 2015, 01:55:25 PM
Flights will probably rocket in price nearer the time. When do we find out if we've been successful getting tickets?
I'd be looking at flights...I got Dublin - Paris Orly on the Saturday via London for 138 euro. Couple hours stop over in London but directs were mad.
Got Orly to Dublin direct on Tuesday 14th around 6pm for 85 euro.
Find out from Uefa in Feb...don't think Sweden game will be much hassle. You were able to buy tickets in advance for each venue last summer so likely there will be a good few returns from the French as Ireland Sweden isn't exactly a glamour tie....they'll be put back up on sale in March...
Most people I know applied for 4 tickets each so there will be surplus tickets floating around I reckon...

OgraAnDun

Quote from: ballinaman on December 14, 2015, 01:46:54 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on December 14, 2015, 01:14:41 PM
Follow your team is that you pay for tickets all way to final in advance and Uefa transfer the money back to you if/when Ireland get knocked out. I had em for Euros in Poland....had to pay 850 upfront or something....got money back minus group games in August I think.

No these days you can choose which games you want - ie; Follow your Team and pay €165 just for the three group matches. Can get that in Category 3 or the three individually for €75 in Category 4. I wonder if you apply for the three tickets as individual tickets do you run the risk of not getting tickets for all three matches.

Esmarelda

Can someone explain how the applying for tickets works?

I understand that applications begin today and end some time in January. Is there an advantage in applying early or are the lucky ones just picked at random regardless of when the application is made?

laoislad

Quote from: ballinaman on December 14, 2015, 02:03:49 PM
Quote from: laoislad on December 14, 2015, 01:55:25 PM
I'd be looking at flights...I got Dublin - Paris Orly on the Saturday via London for 138 euro. Couple hours stop over in London but directs were mad.
Got Orly to Dublin direct on Tuesday 14th around 6pm for 85 euro.
Find out from Uefa in Feb...don't think Sweden game will be much hassle. You were able to buy tickets in advance for each venue last summer so likely there will be a good few returns from the French as Ireland Sweden isn't exactly a glamour tie....they'll be put back up on sale in March...
Most people I know applied for 4 tickets each so there will be surplus tickets floating around I reckon...
The price for 2 direct from Dublin to Paris return is nearly 800!!
Had a look around and I can fly to Paris via Liverpool and back again via Liverpool from the Sunday to the tuesday for a combined 280 for two adults! Some difference.
4hr stop in Liverpool on way over and 2hr on way back but still its some saving.