FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anglocelt39

Quote from: muppet on November 02, 2013, 05:10:30 PM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on November 02, 2013, 03:55:48 PM
6 years ago, Keane won the whatever-they-call-the-second-division-now.  Since then he's been an utter failure as a manager.  On what basis does anyone think putting him in the frame is a good move?

Of those 6 years it is 2 years and 10 months since he was a manager.

The facts are he brought up a yoyo club and brought them back down again. McCarthy has done the same with the same club but without the blind vilification.

Then he was pretty ordinary with Ipswich and was sacked. This has also happened many managers without villification.

You conveniently forgot to mention that transfer budget Roy got compared to McCarthy in both positions. For a man who professes to hate football punditry as much as he does  how come he has not been snapped up by any number of clubs that have had managerial vacancies in the past 12 months?
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Wildweasel74

U lot do some bitching about managers on here, yous are worse than englanders!! the reality is the players aren`t there, u should be glad these men are even interested when they look at what they have to play with. They will probably win very little but that is no surprise with what the playing pool is. First bad Irsih result and it will be blame the management

rodney trotter

Serious game between Sligo - Drogheda in the FAI Cup final, 3 minutes injury time left

the Deel Rover

Great game . Its a long time since i watched any soccer match from start to finish but this match was a cracker .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

laoislad

Quote from: the Deel Rover on November 03, 2013, 05:31:20 PM
Great game . Its a long time since i watched any soccer match from start to finish but this match was a cracker .

Really enjoyable match.
magpie seanie will be delighted Sligo Rovers won  ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

From the Bunker

Great Game! Hard to believe that more don't go to such a show piece. As a lad from the North West delighted for Rovers!

rodney trotter

Third win in 4 years for Rovers in the Cup. Good game for Irish soccer, as the League is very easy to knock, but there is lots of talented players in it.

muppet

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on November 02, 2013, 07:04:23 PM
6 years ago, Keane won the whatever-they-call-the-second-division-now.  Since then he's been an utter failure as a manager.  On what basis does anyone think putting him in the frame is a good move?

The facts are he brought up a yoyo club and brought them back down again. McCarthy has done the same with the same club but without the blind vilification.

Then he was pretty ordinary with Ipswich and was sacked. This has also happened many managers without villification.

The fact that he's been out of work for the past 2 years and 10 months hardly makes his record better.  
If anyone else with that managerial record was being considered people would wonder what the FAI were at.  I genuinely don't get why people think this is a good move.

Yes but you called that period 'an utter failure as a manager'.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: anglocelt39 on November 02, 2013, 09:28:43 PM

You conveniently forgot to mention that transfer budget Roy got compared to McCarthy in both positions. For a man who professes to hate football punditry as much as he does  how come he has not been snapped up by any number of clubs that have had managerial vacancies in the past 12 months?

I didn't 'conveniently forget' anything.

There are some people who have an irrational hatred of the man. And there are some who don't.

MWWSI 2017

Jell 0 Biafra

Quote from: muppet on November 03, 2013, 06:22:36 PM

The fact that he's been out of work for the past 2 years and 10 months hardly makes his record better.  
If anyone else with that managerial record was being considered people would wonder what the FAI were at.  I genuinely don't get why people think this is a good move.

Fair enough.  He was an utter failure as a manager up until 2 years and ten months ago since when he has not been employed as a manager.

Take Keane's name out of it, and imagine that description applying to someone else being given the job of assistant coach of the national team.  Why would that be a good hire?

Itchy

Why was Keane's record as a manager so bad in you opinion? Not half as bad as you are letting on.

muppet

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on November 03, 2013, 06:45:11 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 03, 2013, 06:22:36 PM

Fair enough.  He was an utter failure as a manager up until 2 years and ten months ago since when he has not been employed as a manager.

Take Keane's name out of it, and imagine that description applying to someone else being given the job of assistant coach of the national team.  Why would that be a good hire?

We hired Walsall's assistant coach and made him the 'Gaffer'.
We hired a man who had coached St. Pat's Athletic and some underage teams.

And they were number 1.
It is a good appointment for a number 2.
MWWSI 2017

Jell 0 Biafra

Yeah, I mentioned that he won the championship 6 years ago, but he's done nothing since.  And I know the FAI has hired worse with less experience.  That doesn't make this a good decision though.

Zulu

So you're saying the number 2 position is not important?

ballinaman

What a game. We had some support up, class atmosphere. Didn't think might heart could take it in those 8 mins of injury time! Hon the Rovers!  ;D ;D ;D Absolute bedlam when the winner went in, I think i ended up about 4 rows infront of me!! haha