FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 20, 2012, 04:37:15 PM
Hope someone sends Trapp a dvd of the West Brom v. Man City game.

Has Dzeko an Irish Granny?  ;)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

magpie seanie

Quote from: laoislad on October 20, 2012, 04:58:34 PM

If he did he probably wouldn't get a game either as he obviously wouldn't be obviously better than the obviously striker we have playing on the team.

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 20, 2012, 05:06:59 PM
Quote from: laoislad on October 20, 2012, 04:58:34 PM

If he did he probably wouldn't get a game either as he obviously wouldn't be obviously better than the obviously striker we have playing on the team.

Obviously.

Crete Boom

Quote from: Leo on October 19, 2012, 10:07:38 PM
Do any of the posters on here understand how limited the current crap 9sorry crop) of players are?

Take magpie's selction:

Westwood  - reserve at Sunderland

Kelly - not a regular at Fulham  Dunne = done 9great servant gone past sbd)   O'Shea - seriously limited player at Sunderland /Clarke  - best of the new bunch, I'd stick with him, but not a regular at AV   Wilson - worth a look, plays for Stoke

Coleman - cant command regular place at Everton but one of our better players  McCarthy - was once the grat new hope but has turned into a journeyman midfielder  Andrews - has dropped from premiership to championship strugglers bu dont doubt his spirit or commitment/Fahey  - not a regular at Birmingham   McLean - could be our answer to Wayne rRooney!!

Long  - best of our forwards but hardly a goal a game man at WBA     Walters - game but limited in ability and not a regular goalscorer /Doyle - way off the boil

Notice something?
Man Utd - no players
Man City - no players
Chelsea - no players
Arsenal - no players
Spurs - no players

Worst squad for Republic in my memory.

Trapp derserves them.

Leo come on if you are going to argue that Trap is working with the worst Irish players ever you can't just use your opinion of players (which aren't even acurate) as fact. I think the only parts of your post that are credible are that Westwood is reserve at Sunderland, Kelly being out of the loop at Fulham and Doyle is seriously short of form over the last 18 months. Coleman has started 5 of Evertons competitive games this year and has played over 71 times in the last 3 years of which 56 he started.Now that's hardly not being able to command a place in a team. McCarthy while not Xavi is far from a journeyman who has held down a place in the heart of the Wigan midfield and anyone who has watched him play (albeit in a struggling team) can't have been but a little impressed.He was also young player of the year in Scotland when he was 17 just before he move to the premiership! I think he won a couple of player of the month awards last year as well. Hoolahan had a good game against Arsenal tonight and played 33 times last year for them who is another player who you said in a previous can't get a start! Long scored today against Man City , his 5th goal in 10 games which is pretty impressive and there's not to many players outside of Messi/Ronaldo who get close to a goal a game! John O'Shea seriously limited, well Alex Ferguson didn't think so and Martin O' Neill seems to have faith in him but sure what would they know ;D Ciaran Clark started 8 out 9 games for Villa this season.I think this is the second time I have posted these stats but you still refuse to either read my posts or simply google these players! Shades of Trap there ;)
Now I'm not saying there isn't an argument for Trap staying as manager but your argument that we have the worst squad ever goes against a lot of facts and the opinions of some very highly qualified football men. Actually if I think( and it's only my opinion) that our squad now is very similar to what Mick McCarthy got when he took over and he did quite well. Also Mick was a rookie manager getting payed alot less than Trap! Although I don't think I could ever forgive him for the handling of Keano in Saipan but that's a whole other can worms I'd prefer not to open! 8)

thewobbler

Crete what you ignore every time you rhyme off these stats is that there is no current Irish player at a big club, or even on the radar of a big club.

Almost every Ireland team in history has had to carry a few journeymen. But to do that you need a few stars, and we don't have them. We dont even have reliable international players savs a few exceptions. It is EASILY the weakest crop of players available to a manager in the 25 years i've been able to form an opinion.

Oh and without meaning to sound like a nasty pedant, I have no doubt you appreciate it when others use paragraphs for long spiels of text, so good manners suggests you should too.

J OGorman

Quote from: thewobbler on October 20, 2012, 09:31:53 PM
Crete what you ignore every time you rhyme off these stats is that there is no current Irish player at a big club, or even on the radar of a big club.

Almost every Ireland team in history has had to carry a few journeymen. But to do that you need a few stars, and we don't have them. We dont even have reliable international players savs a few exceptions. It is EASILY the weakest crop of players available to a manager in the 25 years i've been able to form an opinion.

Oh and without meaning to sound like a nasty pedant, I have no doubt you appreciate it when others use paragraphs for long spiels of text, so good manners suggests you should too.

There aren't that many top English players in the big clubs these days either

angermanagement

I heard on the radio earlier Trap was at the Norwich match tonight maybe Huolihan will be getting a call up at some stage.

Leo

Quote from: J OGorman on October 20, 2012, 10:05:02 PM

Well that settles it - we might be crap but as long as England are nearly as equaly crap, dont worry!! This is the level of soccer debate that no doubt has its origin in Sky devotees.

I'd prefer to look at facts ...
there is no current Irish player at a big club, or even on the radar of a big club.

Says it all.
Fierce tame altogether

laoislad

Quote from: Leo on October 20, 2012, 10:43:12 PM

Well that settles it - we might be crap but as long as England are nearly as equaly crap, dont worry!! This is the level of soccer debate that no doubt has its origin in Sky devotees.

there is no current Irish player at a big club, or even on the radar of a big club.

Says it all.

Yer man Brady is at Man United.

J OGorman

Says it all.

Relax itchy knickers . What I'm saying is England is so awash with foreign players that there are relatively few English players playing for the top clubs. Only 2 years ago a player from the Championship won a cap. As a knock on effect, less Irish players are plying their trade with the top clubs...nothing agin Old Blighty at all.

rodney trotter

Quote from: laoislad on October 20, 2012, 10:45:20 PM

Says it all.

Yer man Brady is at Man United.

Connor Henderson from Arsenal, currently on loan at Coventry. Wenger rates him highly. Greg Cunningham was rated by Mancini but left as they spend huge money and had Glichy, Kolorov etc ahead of him

Shane Long is capable of playing for a team like Spurs.

Jonah

Seamus Coleman playing for Everton who are top 4 atm.
McGeady plays for a Champions League team.

thewobbler

Hahahaha there are some truly blinded thinkers on this thread.

Seamus Coleman plays for a club who will a) not finish in the top 6, and b) will seek their best players at the end of the season. They are not a big club.

Aiden McGeady went to Russia because no English club would take a risk on him. Let alone a big club.

Paul McShane and Pat McGibbon used to be on the books at Man Utd. Let's wait until Robbie Brady plays a few games before calling him a United player.

As for Conor whodafuck at Arsenal and Greg remembermyname formerly of City, this is plumbing a depth that can only result in a bathroom covered in excrement.

Shane Long is a better player than the lot of them put together and he plays for possibly the least fashionable club in the world.

Mad. Clean mad. Straw clutching. Mad.

rodney trotter

Quote from: thewobbler on October 20, 2012, 11:26:38 PM
Hahahaha there are some truly blinded thinkers on this thread.

Seamus Coleman plays for a club who will a) not finish in the top 6, and b) will seek their best players at the end of the season. They are not a big club.

Aiden McGeady went to Russia because no English club would take a risk on him. Let alone a big club.

Paul McShane and Pat McGibbon used to be on the books at Man Utd. Let's wait until Robbie Brady plays a few games before calling him a United player.

As for Conor whodafuck at Arsenal and Greg remembermyname formerly of City, this is plumbing a depth that can only result in a bathroom covered in excrement.

Shane Long is a better player than the lot of them put together and he plays for possibly the least fashionable club in the world.

Mad. Clean mad. Straw clutching. Mad.

What was clean mad was you saying Robbie Keane should have been playing against Germany when he was injured (wtf) and dismissing playing Shane Long as a lone striker ahead of Robbie i had a brillant euro's Keane

Shane Long has pace to burn, how would Keane play that role

thewobbler

Oh and while it's got nothing to do with Irish football, here's bloody big England squad made up of only regulars for the top 4 clubs plus the European champions.

Hart; Cole, Walker, Terry, Lescott; Milner, Parker, Carrick, Young; Rooney, Defoe.
Xxx; Gibbs, Richards, Ferdinand, Cahill; Lennon, Wilshire, Lampard, Walcott. Sturridge, Welbeck.

Jones, Smalling, Cleverly. Caulker, Livermore. Bertrandt. Johnson, Rodwell, Barry. Oxlade Chamberlain.

Bar a shortage of keepers, it's not as glum as painted for our similalrly rather boring to watch neighbours.