FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFS

Sad to see Duff go. Probably our most consistent outfield player over the last decade. But at least he played in a position where there are some promising replacements coming through in McClean, Coleman and Brady. It's when Dunne packs it in that we're really in trouble.

Declan

Thanks for the memories Duffer - one of the good lads

From the Bunker

Many thanks to the Duffer, a good one in his day! At 33 it was going to be beyond him to have a go at another campaign, where he would be 35 if we qualified.

Keane and Dunne are 31, I'd think there's one more campaign in them yet.

On Harte, It was reported in many papers before the Euros that Harte was disappointed not to get any sort of acknowledgement by Trap. As with any Blow-in Manager like Trap, maybe he did not know of Harte!

The (end of the) last campaign proved there is need for change.

Main Street

Duff's ability to skin a player had diminished but he was still our best player in receiving the ball, holding possession, getting fouled/winning free kicks
Though these days there's not that much competition for those skills in the team.
I don't know about McClean yet, he's not in same league as Duff.

There will some change in personnel, McCarthy is sure to start in the next game, his first competitive start and he should cement his place in the team. Personally I think he's an outstanding midfield talent. I wouldn't mind a midfield with Whelan in a holding role with Gibson and McCarthy ahead of him and McGeady out wide.
But you'd need 2 solid full backs, Wilson is just okay there afaics. There is no defined new shape yet, what roles the front players are going to play and who is best for dropping deep into midfield and what the best partnership is. There are signs that we will see some football being played through midfield.

laoislad

Quote from: Declan on August 24, 2012, 06:48:05 PM
Thanks for the memories Duffer - one of the good lads

Robbie still looks like he could live in Jobstown.
You can take a man out of Tallaght.........
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Main Street

Here's a few clips of Duff v Spain  WC2002, at one stage there were 4 trying to close him down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGnw0rh58Us&feature=related

Captain Obvious

Shamrock Shore

ROI being ripped a new one here.

Should have been 2-0

Same old basterding same old  >:(

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

laoislad

Brazil is too hot of a place anyway sure we be better off not going.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

GalwayBayBoy

Somebody wake up Trap and tell him McClean and Long are still sitting on the bench.

Captain Obvious

Shamrock Shore

tyssam5

SHEEDY

we were crap. very lucky win but we'll take it
nil satis nisi optimum