FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Quote from: ballinaman on May 21, 2012, 12:12:14 PM
Tickets in the paw for the euros.....

Blocks K2 for Croatia, 09 for Spain and M3 for the Italy game....

Anyone get their hands on them yet?
Yeah got all my tickets on a single batch last week, happy days!

Billys Boots

McDermott reveals Irish dream - Soccerway.com, May 21st

Reading manager Brian McDermott would like to manage the Republic of Ireland one day.

The former Arsenal midfielder, whose parents were born in Ireland, represented England as a youth player, and was thus denied the opportunity to represent Ireland – a decision he sorely regrets.

The man responsible for leading Reading back to the Premier League has closer ties to Ireland than to his English birthplace and feels his commitment to England was a result of youthful naivety.

Speaking on Irish radio station RTÉ Radio, McDermott explained: "My mum is from Clare and my dad is from Sligo. Growing up in England I supported Sligo Rovers.

"It was Don Howe that suggested I play for the English youths.

"Don was a big influence at Arsenal at the time, and I was a 17-year-old lacking in confidence, so I just went along with what he said. I suppose I was pressurised into doing it.

"Kenny Sansom, who was a senior player with Arsenal at the time, said that I would go on to play Under-21 and then become a full England international. Of course, things are different today, as players can switch allegiance.

"A couple of years later I realised it was a big mistake. I live in England, and I'm not ashamed of that, but being Irish is in my blood."

McDermott then revealed that he wished to redeem himself by one day taking charge of Ireland.

"Ever since then it has been a goal of mine to manage Ireland," he said.

"It was an error on my part to line-out for England, and I have told my friends that. You have career paths in life – and I'm determined to realise my long-hold ambition."
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

GAA_Talk

Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on May 21, 2012, 01:46:27 PM
Got 2 Italian ones yesterday and a Spain one this morning off the portal!.. Restricted view, but after the hours spent on that portal i couldnt care!..

I wouldn't worry too much about that restricted view. It's probably just an aul pole that blocks about an inch of the field that would be fixed by tilting your head. Fair play to ya. Truly jealous.

upmonaghansayswe

Quote from: GAA_Talk on May 21, 2012, 04:17:38 PM
Quote from: upmonaghansayswe on May 21, 2012, 01:46:27 PM
Got 2 Italian ones yesterday and a Spain one this morning off the portal!.. Restricted view, but after the hours spent on that portal i couldnt care!..

I wouldn't worry too much about that restricted view. It's probably just an aul pole that blocks about an inch of the field that would be fixed by tilting your head. Fair play to ya. Truly jealous.

No need to have a pop at our hosts  :D.. Ah yeah i was checking up on it over on YBIG.. I cant see where a restricted view seat would be in Gdansk.. Not a pillar in sight and its a bowl like stadium!.. Poznan does have a few dodgier corners by the look of it but hopefully it will be grand.. Some reckon they could just be front row seats aswell that might be a nibble under the playing surface level..

Leo

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 21, 2012, 02:28:22 PM
McDermott reveals Irish dream - Soccerway.com, May 21st

Reading manager Brian McDermott would like to manage the Republic of Ireland one day.

The former Arsenal midfielder, whose parents were born in Ireland, represented England as a youth player, and was thus denied the opportunity to represent Ireland – a decision he sorely regrets.

The man responsible for leading Reading back to the Premier League has closer ties to Ireland than to his English birthplace and feels his commitment to England was a result of youthful naivety.

Speaking on Irish radio station RTÉ Radio, McDermott explained: "My mum is from Clare and my dad is from Sligo. Growing up in England I supported Sligo Rovers.

"It was Don Howe that suggested I play for the English youths.

"Don was a big influence at Arsenal at the time, and I was a 17-year-old lacking in confidence, so I just went along with what he said. I suppose I was pressurised into doing it.

"Kenny Sansom, who was a senior player with Arsenal at the time, said that I would go on to play Under-21 and then become a full England international. Of course, things are different today, as players can switch allegiance.

"A couple of years later I realised it was a big mistake. I live in England, and I'm not ashamed of that, but being Irish is in my blood."

McDermott then revealed that he wished to redeem himself by one day taking charge of Ireland.

"Ever since then it has been a goal of mine to manage Ireland," he said.

"It was an error on my part to line-out for England, and I have told my friends that. You have career paths in life – and I'm determined to realise my long-hold ambition."

If only langars like Roy Keane and Stephen Ireland could even begin to understand that trueIrish feeling so eloquently expressed by McDermott and epitomised also by other sons of economic emigrants like Kevin Kilbane & Mick McCarthy.
Fierce tame altogether

ballinaman

You can check your seats on the Poznan interactive seating plan here...

http://bilety.lechpoznan.pl/info/13/

Looks like for the Croatia match, we've the 2 tiered stand behind the goal. I'm in block K2 and we've the 3 tiered stand behind the goal for the Italy match.

Declan

QuoteYou can check your seats on the Poznan interactive seating plan here...

http://bilety.lechpoznan.pl/info/13/

Looks like for the Croatia match, we've the 2 tiered stand behind the goal. I'm in block K2 and we've the 3 tiered stand behind the goal for the Italy match.

Nice one - Green stand halfway line

ardal

Sorted out my stand for the Spanish match.

It's in a bar standing with some friends who'll probably support Ireland and not the land mass they were born on.

ballinaman

Michael Fassbender to star in 'McShane'

Irish actor Michael Fassbender, currently starring in every single Hollywood movie on release, has revealed he is to take on his toughest challenge yet – 'McShane' a biopic of hapless Republic of Ireland defender Paul McShane.

"The project has been in the pipeline for a while but Paul threatening a late call-up to the Euros squad has ensured the green light," revealed the Kerryman.

"If he plays, you can pretty much guarantee that he'll do something catastrophic like give away a penalty in injury time when we're about to beat Spain, or score an o.g from the half-way line in the knock-out stages.

"People might think that 'Shame' has been my toughest role to date, but playing a disconnected sex addict is nothing compared to portraying a universally lampooned ginger defensive liability.

"The abuse he gets is quite remarkable. But then again he is really shit so he kind of deserves it.

"I've been channelling all the playground abuse I can remember to try and get under McShane's skin and know he feels every time he pulls on the green shirt of doom.

"'Fat bender', they used to call me... I was only a bit chubby and that pink t-shirt was a present from my auntie in Germany so it was mega harsh.

"Kids and football fans can be so cruel..."

'McShane' is expected to begin filming soon, with Ian McKellan starring as Giovanni Trapattoni and James Gandolfini as Richard Dunne.

oxygen.ie

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

trileacman

Quote from: ballinaman on May 25, 2012, 09:59:05 AM
Michael Fassbender to star in 'McShane'

Irish actor Michael Fassbender, currently starring in every single Hollywood movie on release, has revealed he is to take on his toughest challenge yet – 'McShane' a biopic of hapless Republic of Ireland defender Paul McShane.

"The project has been in the pipeline for a while but Paul threatening a late call-up to the Euros squad has ensured the green light," revealed the Kerryman.

"If he plays, you can pretty much guarantee that he'll do something catastrophic like give away a penalty in injury time when we're about to beat Spain, or score an o.g from the half-way line in the knock-out stages.

"People might think that 'Shame' has been my toughest role to date, but playing a disconnected sex addict is nothing compared to portraying a universally lampooned ginger defensive liability.

"The abuse he gets is quite remarkable. But then again he is really shit so he kind of deserves it.

"I've been channelling all the playground abuse I can remember to try and get under McShane's skin and know he feels every time he pulls on the green shirt of doom.

"'Fat bender', they used to call me... I was only a bit chubby and that pink t-shirt was a present from my auntie in Germany so it was mega harsh.

"Kids and football fans can be so cruel..."

'McShane' is expected to begin filming soon, with Ian McKellan starring as Giovanni Trapattoni and James Gandolfini as Richard Dunne.

oxygen.ie

That's brilliant, a real work of art.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Forever Green

Westwood
McShane, Dunne, St Ledger, Ward,
Duff, Gibson, Whelan, McClean,
Keane, Doyle

Starting team for the game against Bosnia. Looking forward to seeing McLean in action from the start. If he performs well, will trap drop Duff or McGeady any of the group games? No doubt Paul McShane will score an own goal and injure Robbie Keane. Oh well