Super 8s

Started by theticklemister, February 19, 2017, 10:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

Today shows that super 8s will simply ensure that Dublin will never get caught cold coming out of Leinster!

Rossfan

Their last quarter final defeat??
2009?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Wildweasel74

I get the thread changed to the Super One

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 27, 2017, 07:54:28 PM
I get the thread changed to the Super One
Thanks, but in fairness you should include Dublin .....at least for another three weeks.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: under the bar on August 27, 2017, 07:38:53 PM
Today shows that super 8s will simply ensure that Dublin will never get caught cold coming out of Leinster!
croke park now belongs to the Dubs

Dub000737

Stop worrying about Tyrone not able to match Dublin. Don't be using that to call for change. No team in Ireland will get near Dublin.

1 Dublin
2 No other county
3 No other county
4 Tyrone, Mayo, Kerry
5 No other county
6 Monaghan, Donegal, Galway
7 Tipperary, Down, Armagh, Clare, Meath, Kildare
8 The rest

From the Bunker

Just wondering with the emergence of the Super 8's could we get the first All Ireland winner to lose two Championship games. Also could we get a team knocked out without losing any games?

westbound

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 12, 2018, 01:55:45 PM
Just wondering with the emergence of the Super 8's could we get the first All Ireland winner to lose two Championship games. Also could we get a team knocked out without losing any games?

In theory, the answer is yes to both.

In fact, in theory, it's possible that a team could lose THREE games and still win the all ireland. Lose provincial championship, and lose two games in the super 8's and get through on score difference. (table would have to finish 6,2,2,2).  Highly unlikely, but still possible.

From the Bunker

Quote from: westbound on March 12, 2018, 02:12:38 PM

In fact, in theory, it's possible that a team could lose THREE games and still win the all ireland. Lose provincial championship, and lose two games in the super 8's and get through on score difference. (table would have to finish 6,2,2,2).  Highly unlikely, but still possible.

Jez, it gone gas altogether. The Championship loses credibility by the year!

Esmarelda

Quote from: From the Bunker on March 12, 2018, 02:42:56 PM
Quote from: westbound on March 12, 2018, 02:12:38 PM

Jez, it gone gas altogether. The Championship loses credibility by the year!
;D ;D
How will I re-open a thread that hasn't been touched in six months so I can give out? I know, I'll ask a question I already know the answer to, and go from there.

Back to straight knock-out to hell with it. :)

Captain Obvious

Just another example of how daft this new format is. Were the county reps sipping whiskey for the day when this was voted in?

sid waddell

That has already happened - 20 years ago.

larryin89

I still dont get it, I know im a biteen slow but I still havent heard one person tell me how you can run a competition on a Home, away, neutral game for each team where one team plays both their home game and neutral game at the same venue . This competition is not legitimate.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

LooseCannon

Quote from: sid waddell on March 12, 2018, 05:40:39 PM
That has already happened - 20 years ago.
Don't tell me that you're a bitter klare man?  ;D
If klare were good enough, they'd have won the replay.

Rossfan

Down with Biffo mob rule!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM