Last year McStay was a combination of God and Superman :o

Guperman ?

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 15, 2017, 10:10:24 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 15, 2017, 03:23:33 PM
Jases Oliver you changing your tune?
Last year McStay was a combination of God and Superman :o

Guperman ?

The only people who refer to Mcstay as God/superman/action man or last year "dream team" are those that never wanted him in charge in the first place. I find it pathetic to use these labels and it undermines any valid critisism they may have.

Oliver in fairness was a hugh JE fan and one of the few to give Kevin a chance.

A bit of realism is needed in Ros we are no longer playing in D3& D2(next year) so picking up wins in this league is a lot harder. Something those who constantly snipe at Mcstay seem to forget. The jump is massive. We did very well last year to beat 4. The best team we beat under JE was down and they  won their first game in 22 months recently.

I've not seen enough of Mcstay yet to either say he is or isn't up to the job. He has put his stamp on the panel and will live or die so to speak on those decisions and I respect that. There have been a few worrying performances but until we see them play championship this yr  or a lower division teams it's hard to judge his performance.

The Subbie

It's great fun watching the roscommunists tear into one another!
Keep it up lads!

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: The Subbie on March 16, 2017, 09:49:33 AM
Keep it up lads!

Nothing wrong with healthy debate.  You must have a boring auld time if reading our posts is considered fun.

Rossfan

The paint must all be dried in his own County. ;D
First time I heard the term "dream team" was in August 2015 from one of the "underminers" when they were trying to stop the Co Board executive Re appointing JE.
Anyway we were told last August that if we could only get Fergal out of the way we'd be wonderful altogether.
He's gone and I find we've played 6 games v County teams.
6 defeats
Scored 6-76
Conceded 8-97.
I know it took Moses 40 years to find the Promised Land but GAA followers aren't that patient.
We live in hope as always......but I'm a sceptic....
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

armaghniac

Quote from: PadraicHenryPearse on March 16, 2017, 10:10:33 AM
Quote from: The Subbie on March 16, 2017, 09:49:33 AM
Keep it up lads!

Nothing wrong with healthy debate.  You must have a boring auld time if reading our posts is considered fun.

There are some master debaters here, they must be very healthy.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Rossfan on March 16, 2017, 11:02:30 AM
The paint must all be dried in his own County. ;D
First time I heard the term "dream team" was in August 2015 from one of the "underminers" when they were trying to stop the Co Board executive Re appointing JE.
Anyway we were told last August that if we could only get Fergal out of the way we'd be wonderful altogether.
He's gone and I find we've played 6 games v County teams.
6 defeats
Scored 6-76
Conceded 8-97.
I know it took Moses 40 years to find the Promised Land but GAA followers aren't that patient.
We live in hope as always......but I'm a sceptic....

more fool you for to listening to people who deal in absolutes.

should we expect to beat Mayo, Kerry, tyrone, Donegal and Galway.  throw some context into your analysis of 6 defeats. 2 FBD games!! The only positive results in recent years against those team involved mcstay, draw against Galway (poor performance)  and beating donegal & Kerry.

I don't know where the impatients comes from its 37 yrs since an all Ireland appearance, 26 since a semi etc.

Not saying McStay is doing a great job but it's not like we are playing opposition we expect or are used to beating.

Rossfan

I'd say impatience coming in proportion to the expenses the management are being recompensed for ;)
I suspect the management are staking a lot on hitting peak fitness mid July and if a smash n grab Connacht title was captured no one would give a fcuk about the League or what Division we were in.
However if lads' confidences are shattered by a very bad NFL campaign things might only get worse.
Those wins over Kerry and Donegal last year happened when FO'D was Manager too.

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Rossfan on March 16, 2017, 05:21:09 PM
I'd say impatience coming in proportion to the expenses the management are being recompensed for ;)
I suspect the management are staking a lot on hitting peak fitness mid July and if a smash n grab Connacht title was captured no one would give a fcuk about the League or what Division we were in.
However if lads' confidences are shattered by a very bad NFL campaign things might only get worse.
Those wins over Kerry and Donegal last year happened when FO'D was Manager too.

I'd say travel from Kerry was more expensive than ros town!!! Please don't say the dogs in the street know how much everyone is paid!

I'd say lads confidence are shattered more by people telling them they are not county standard online , at matches and former players on the local radio than losing to teams who have won or been in all Ireland recently. I'd think they are more grounded than supporters.

I'm fairly familiar with the management team last year hence why I used the term involved. Either this is mcstays second year and he gets some credit for those performances last year or it was Fod in charge last year and Mcstay gets no credit which should mean you would consider this mcstays 1st year.

Rossfan

All I'll say on the "expenses" front is that poor oul Evans is fairly green with envy.
The current package is common knowledge about the County.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on March 16, 2017, 06:31:17 PM
All I'll say on the "expenses" front is that poor oul Evans is fairly green with envy.

Is that from the man on the bar stool. I'm sure the inebriated wouldn't mix up the money a manger is getting and the money being spent on coaching..

Rossfan

My source is a very sober person. ;)
Have we any hope of a  win Sunday?

PadraicHenryPearse

Quote from: Rossfan on March 16, 2017, 09:32:20 PM
My source is a very sober person. ;)
Have we any hope of a  win Sunday?

There is not much to suggest we will. I'll be more interested in the performance of the players that have come in, see how we fair in the middle/kick outs and if we have gone anyway to address short coming in the backs.

oliverkelly

Quote from: Rossfan on March 16, 2017, 06:31:17 PM

The figure doing the round is last years management package are of McStay and FOD getting roughly 75k McHale and Casey 35k and Bohan who wouldn't get a club job in Roscommon getting 25k

To my eye we are saving massive money but having current management and all reports from current squad are they are more than happy with set up. This year was geared towards summer from day 1 lets see what happens before the knifes come out

Rossfan

Co Board cut €200k from County Senior panel budget.
I suspect that's why we went with a NFL panel of 30, 1 of whom is in Lebanon till April and a few more have/had injuries.
Anyway let's hope we see some semblance of improvement in defence so we can at least keep the score down when we arrive in the "geared for" Summer.
A few players biting tongues for the greater good I believe and fair play to them for doing it.