?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

marty34

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 29, 2018, 02:43:38 PM
Quote from: charlieTully on December 29, 2018, 02:35:38 PM
Signings needed badly. Serious lack of depth to the squad. Midfield was brutal today. Wtf has happened Brown.

Brown is in his 16th proper season as a professional footballer. He will be 34 at the end of the season. Time has moved on! This is a game he would have reveled in, in the past.

Brown didn't want to know about it today. Neither did 3/4 of the team. In an Old Firm, the one ingredient a team must have is bottle. Rangers had that. They had the crowd on their side early on and drove on.

Should have started with Edouard uptop. To through Johnston into a game of that size was crazy by BR. Boyota's price will drop by about £5m after that shambles. He's a world cup player but he was brutal. The lad from Leicester was equally as bad before he went off.

I don't think Rangers are any better.  Celtic are poorer, a lot poorer from the past 2 years.

Over the Bar

Rangers fully deserved the win but how did Morelos get away with a kick at Brown, slapping someone in the balls and raking his studs across a players chest who is lying on the ground? All 3 incidents were in front of the ref.

Itchy

Quote from: Over the Bar on December 29, 2018, 06:15:49 PM
Rangers fully deserved the win but how did Morelos get away with a kick at Brown, slapping someone in the balls and raking his studs across a players chest who is lying on the ground? All 3 incidents were in front of the ref.

He's. Horrible cnut and could and should have got red for each of those. As shit as Celtic were I thought they didn't get any fair play from the referee today

bennydorano

Letting McGinn slip through their fingers to Villa was a mistake.

Applesisapples

Rogers got the team wrong, if Tierney was fit to be on the bench he should have been on the pitch. Too much was expected of Mikey Johnston, Edouard should have started. That said a serious lack of balls around. Good and all as Brown has been, he is a has been. Boyata will be hard to shift in January on that showing and Gordon needs to wise the fcuk up.

Targetman

Very poor today but we'll have to suck it up as we've had it so good for so long against them, poor team selection added to the fact that the huns were winning all the 50/50's meant Celtic were struggling from the start, fresh faces required and a few shipped out in January, as for morelos its disappointing not one Celtic player was prepared to give him some back, sums up a bad day!!

Baile an tuaigh

What Tyrone done to Kerry in the semi final 2003 Rangers done to Celtic today. They absolutely hounded Celtic and hunted in packs. No one had time on the ball. One nil defeat flattered Celtic, if it wasn't for the keeper it could have easy have been a 3 0 hammering. The only thing for Rangers is they absolutely emptied the tank today and it's very hard to replicate that.

ned

Quote from: Baile an tuaigh on December 29, 2018, 09:53:00 PM
What Tyrone done to Kerry in the semi final 2003 Rangers done to Celtic today. They absolutely hounded Celtic and hunted in packs. No one had time on the ball. One nil defeat flattered Celtic, if it wasn't for the keeper it could have easy have been a 3 0 hammering. The only thing for Rangers is they absolutely emptied the tank today and it's very hard to replicate that.

Exactly, they played their max, we were almost at our worst. Celtic are still top with a game in hand. Time off is well needed. Only positive is, BR no longer has that unbeaten tag against them to weigh us down. Similar to when the invincibles eventually were beaten, it was almost a relief.

themac_23

Quote from: ned on December 29, 2018, 10:49:54 PM

Exactly, they played their max, we were almost at our worst. Celtic are still top with a game in hand. Time off is well needed. Only positive is, BR no longer has that unbeaten tag against them to weigh us down. Similar to when the invincibles eventually were beaten, it was almost a relief.

Agreed, in the law of averages you have to lose sometime, we just weren't at the races today, rangers by far the better team but some of the players needed that kick, for too long we've just turned up against rangers and rolled them over, defeat is a great motivator. Listen, top of the league headed into the winter break with a game in hand, league cup in the bag l, European football after Christmas and a Scottish cup to go for. Still a lot to get going for

Over the Bar

Quote from: themac_23 on December 30, 2018, 10:37:06 AM

Agreed, in the law of averages you have to lose sometime, we just weren't at the races today, rangers by far the better team but some of the players needed that kick, for too long we've just turned up against rangers and rolled them over, defeat is a great motivator. Listen, top of the league headed into the winter break with a game in hand, league cup in the bag l, European football after Christmas and a Scottish cup to go for. Still a lot to get going for

Boyata the first one who needs to get going...out the feckin door!!

Main Street

Quote from: Over the Bar on December 30, 2018, 02:03:03 PM

If all who need to get going  get going there would only be a few left standing.
Last week Gordon was regarded as a liability, this week he saved Celtic from hammering on the scoreboard.
For that performance, injuries and absentees played the biggest part, then Rodgers' selection and formation left the team badly exposed to a muck and shovel team.
It was Rangers' best ever performance and Celtics' worst ever.

marty34

Quote from: Main Street on December 30, 2018, 08:12:06 PM
Quote from: Over the Bar on December 30, 2018, 02:03:03 PM

If all who need to get going  get going there would only be a few left standing.
Last week Gordon was regarded as a liability, this week he saved Celtic from hammering on the scoreboard.
For that performance, injuries and absentees played the biggest part, then Rodgers' selection and formation left the team badly exposed to a muck and shovel team.
It was Rangers' best ever performance and Celtics' worst ever.

Celtic should have knew before they went out, a win put them 6pts clean with game in hand so therefore, 9pts clear in.  This would have won the league basically - a huge lead like that going into the winter break.

Now the question is why was the performance so poor? Where were the leaders? Why was it so poor as it was last game before players got their break?

This was the most disappointing part for me - lack of character by management and players away from home in a game of this magnitude.  They knew what was at stake!

Applesisapples

A lot of delusion on here, this performance is not a one off, His did the same thing to Celtic and won, Aberdeen also did a job, Edouard for once showed up and changed things but that game was going the same way. The team needs fresh faces and ideas. If Rogers can't win the league he needs to be on the train out as well.

illdecide

Thought I'd wait a day or two before posting to let the dust settle and think it thru properly and tbh I still can't make sense of it, I can't understand how we let the huns bully us, I can't understand the lack of fight and intensity, I can't understand how so many players were terrible in the same game and I can't understand how BR picked the team he picked (I know it's easy to say that now in hindsight).
As you all know I'm not usually one for criticising the team but there is one or two that simply can't escape it...the first and general is Boyata, I would take a £10er for him and get him out the door. What he done with us in the summer I'll never forgive and his display on sat stank so bad, who the f**k does he think he is. He's rank and with his attitude I'd never want to see his face again.
Lustig is finished and his lack of pace and body strength are being exploited regularly, in his defence it's not his fault. If Brendan continues to play him then that's BR's fault.
S sinclair is a bit like Lustig to be fair as it's not his fault he gets picked, we all know he can play and he's got the pace and skills of the game but what gets me is the lack of bravery and guts. How can you be brushed off the ball so easily, without even a fight. The lack of fight in the man is what pisses me off with SS, you don't need to be a big guy to have a bit of fight in you. I've a ten year old in the house who'd put up a better fight but that's something you can't put into a man, if you're yellow you're yellow.
I may be wrong here and I thought he was hard man but benkovic surprised me by going off on Saturday, I believe he didn't have the stomach for the fight and went off very easily (hope I'm wrong). He's only a loanee so won't lose to much sleep over that.

On the transfers...BR is under a bit of pressure to deliver as we've had two bad windows in a row and it's bit us on the ass, the good thing is we've a chance to recover and redeem ourselves in the second half of the season. Provided Lawell gives him the money, I know for a fact NL left his Celtic job as Lawell wouldn't back him. In fact not only wouldn't Lawell ack him but he started to sell players that NL didn't want to sell and there were two players that NL wanted a new contract for and Lawell wouldn't give them one so he just couldn't work there any longer

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Insane Bolt

Why can't Celtic attract players like Lennon, Sutton, Hartson, Petrov, etc......the current squad are Irish league standard with a very rare exception now and again.