Jackie Tyrell retires

Started by Declan, November 11, 2016, 10:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

seafoid

Nicely written. Gets in all the important bits like Cody, Ned Quinn, Glanbia.

It's great when they mention the people who inspired them at a young age.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

orangeman

Some operator alright.

Best of luck and thanks for the memories.

johnneycool

Quote from: orangeman on November 12, 2016, 07:55:44 AM
Some operator alright.

A very vital cog in the Kilkenny wheel for manys a year, the enforcer of the defence. No wonder Lar Corbett ran away from him in the Declan Ryan inspired AI final!!

Enjoy your retirement Jackie, you can now have as many biscuits as you like and not have to worry what those Clare lads are up to.

AZOffaly

Quote from: johnneycool on November 14, 2016, 09:50:10 AM
Some operator alright.

A very vital cog in the Kilkenny wheel for manys a year, the enforcer of the defence. No wonder Lar Corbett ran away from him in the Declan Ryan inspired AI final!!

Enjoy your retirement Jackie, you can now have as many biscuits as you like and not have to worry what those Clare lads are up to.

That was a semi final I think. And I don't think Lar was running away from Jackie, as much as he was running after Tommy. It was like a coursing meet. Tommy was trying to turn Pa Bourke, Lar was trying to turn Tommy and Jackie was trying to turn Lar.

ashman

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 14, 2016, 11:18:18 AM
Some operator alright.

That was a semi final I think. And I don't think Lar was running away from Jackie, as much as he was running after Tommy. It was like a coursing meet. Tommy was trying to turn Pa Bourke, Lar was trying to turn Tommy and Jackie was trying to turn Lar.

Yes a semi and Tipp lead a point at HT .

orangeman

Quote from: ashman on November 14, 2016, 01:50:06 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 14, 2016, 11:18:18 AM
Some operator alright.

Yes a semi and Tipp lead a point at HT .

Tipp wanted Lar to mark Jackie but Kilkenny were anxious to have Tommy mark Lar instead ?. Tommy stood and waited for Lar coming out of the tunnel after half time.