All Ireland Football Final 2017 Mayo V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, August 27, 2017, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whishtup

JoG2

Quote from: stew on September 16, 2017, 08:40:50 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 16, 2017, 08:30:25 PM
Mayo have shown they're well fit for Dublin in the past but time will tell whether Dublin have pulled away from everyone this year.

I can see it being ding dong for 50 odd minutes but Dublin pulling away and winning by 8 or 9.

I can see it over by eight minutes, hope I am wrong, a team that should have been beaten by Derry playing this Dublin team should get destroyed, I hope not,  c'mon mayo.

Was it not after 8 minutes last year? Every time Mayo line up against the Dubs, the prediction by the majority it seems is a hammering match. In the last 3 games, 2 points total has separated the teams (in 225+ minutes of football, and thats with Mayo giving them a 2 goal start in one of the games). Dublin are continually improving, but Mayo have improved on last year as well. Doherty and Moran flying in attack for example. I'm not sure who'll win but there will only be a kick of a ball between the teams.. Maybe even after a reply c'mon Mayo!

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Mayoffs

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on September 16, 2017, 08:55:56 PM
Just make it quick and painless 😧

I hear ya

Been a long road since 88 for me. I won't make it tomorrow, but what ever happens I for one will be proud of this team for what they have achieved and the commitment the players have shown.

Good luck to everyone traveling, I hope our lads give it all they've got.

Give them hell
we're on the verge of insanity (the verge just got narrower)

under the bar

Virtual professionals of Dublin v Amateurs of Mayo is hardly a level playing field but let's hope the real Gaels can give it a rattle!

TheGreatest

Quote from: under the bar on September 16, 2017, 11:08:36 PM
Virtual professionals of Dublin v Amateurs of Mayo is hardly a level playing field but let's hope the real Gaels can give it a rattle!

Myth exposed.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.sportsjoe.ie/amp/gaa/dublin-players-day-jobs-like-counties-heres-proof-136986

Dublin players and management are very much GAA people and true Gaels. They should be applauded and not insulted by ignorance.

But it will come down to footballing ability and Dublin have the better players and know how, Dubs to win by more than 1 this time, but best of luck to Mayo, I wouldn't begrudge if ye won it.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on September 16, 2017, 04:01:25 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on September 16, 2017, 03:44:54 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on September 16, 2017, 02:44:46 PM
I can't see Gavin starting Connolly after him having not played for almost 4 months, Flynn or Mcmanamon to start
Nor can I see Connolly starting especially now when his marker Keegan is 100% fit unlike the Kerry games. Mcmanamon like loftus will be a impact sub more than a starter I'd say.

Keegan spending his day chasing Connolly wouldn't do Mayo much good.
Ah, he won't be chasing Dermo at all.

He'll have him in his pocket, from the throw-in to the long whistle, like he has done many times before! ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: TheGreatest on September 16, 2017, 11:24:50 PM

Myth exposed.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.sportsjoe.ie/amp/gaa/dublin-players-day-jobs-like-counties-heres-proof-136986

Dublin players and management are very much GAA people and true Gaels. They should be applauded and not insulted by ignorance.

But it will come down to footballing ability and Dublin have the better players and know how, Dubs to win by more than 1 this time, but best of luck to Mayo, I wouldn't begrudge if ye won it.

I'd say a lot of those Dublin players are employed in those jobs in the same way mobsters were on the payroll of sanitation companies during the Mafia's height in America.

whitey

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on September 17, 2017, 01:50:10 AM
Quote from: TheGreatest on September 16, 2017, 11:24:50 PM

Myth exposed.

I'd say a lot of those Dublin players are employed in those jobs in the same way mobsters were on the payroll of sanitation companies during the Mafia's height in America.

Haha...a buddy of mine is a big wig at AIG and recently spent a few days at Doonbeg where got to hang out with the "AIG Backed All Ireland Champions Dublin".....he even got a brand spanking new Dublin AIG "Shirt" (jersey). He asked me if I wanted it because as a New York Jew living in FL he wouldn't have too many occasions to wear it.  We've come a long way from the time Jimmy Burke missed the Connaught Final due to a back injury sustained while pulling a calf

Zulu

Though Dublin are the better team and squad I think Mayo match up well and can win. Mayo need a bit more to go right than Dublin to win but I think they can bring Dublin to a place that will make them uncomfortable. Mayo to win.

Mayoffs

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.  >:(
we're on the verge of insanity (the verge just got narrower)

Aaron Boone

Safe travel to all Mayo and Dubkin supporters today.

Mayo4Sam14

Im going to change my initial prediction of Dublin by 5 to Dublin 2-16 Mayo 1-15
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

An Watcher

An opening similar to the 96 final would fairly unsettle the Dubs.  C'mon Mayo