Armagh v Tyrone U20

Started by screenexile, June 09, 2018, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armamike

Quote from: redhandofgod on June 14, 2018, 11:58:37 AM
i don't think any appeal will matter, good chance both teams will be thrown out!

Any precedent for this?
That's just, like your opinion man.

JoG2

Quote from: Armamike on June 14, 2018, 12:15:18 PM
Quote from: redhandofgod on June 14, 2018, 11:58:37 AM
i don't think any appeal will matter, good chance both teams will be thrown out!

Any precedent for this?

not sure, but with time constraints, and the whole appeals process, I'd say this is a likely enoughoutcome. From a few in the loop, this could be the case, though nothing remotely confirmed either way. A complete clusterfcuk for the Ulster Council to sort

Armamike

I've never heard of a team getting kicked out before.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Bisbee

As others have pointed out previously-how would any team being kicked out be an actual punishment for Tyrone?
Already beaten.

Jinxy

It's not about it being a punishment for Tyrone specifically.
Kicking Armagh out and dishing out severe punishments to both sides is the path of least resistance.
And there is a precedent for this.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/dublin-expelled-from-under-21-championship-1.56439
If you were any use you'd be playing.

WT4E

Quote from: Bisbee on June 14, 2018, 12:26:25 PM
As others have pointed out previously-how would any team being kicked out be an actual punishment for Tyrone?
Already beaten.

I would imagine they would fine both counties as well that would be a punishment for Tyrone - given the fact that Armagh probably got heavily involved in the row because they thought they where going out (point down and time up) maybe not rewarding that type of behaviour is the right thing to do?

Bisbee

Having been at the game I didn't get the impression that Armagh set out to start a row.  It just escalated from a few Tyrone players starting to taunt, goad and wrestle with their opponents in the last minute of extra time.  Don't understand why they simply did not focus on gaining possession, holding onto the ball and seeing out the last minute of the game.  Sad statement on the state of things that after a magnificent effort from both sides that the focus of a few players at the end was to try and humiliate and taunt their opponents.  Does not at all excuse the bench clearing rush from Armagh and scenes that followed.  But Armagh did not start a row because they thought they were beaten.

Throw ball

I remember Derry v Armagh in mid to late 90s in Celtic Park. In the minor match Derry had an extra player on the field for a period and won the match by a point. The talk after was that Armagh would appeal result. They didn't because it would have meant Derry would have been kicked out but Armagh could not get a replay. It was the correct decision. Is it possible sour grapes have led to appeal. And to think we let them play their club championship games in Armagh. It will be difficult for Armagh County Board to be as facilitating in the future.

Hound

Quote from: Jinxy on June 14, 2018, 12:30:01 PM
It's not about it being a punishment for Tyrone specifically.
Kicking Armagh out and dishing out severe punishments to both sides is the path of least resistance.
And there is a precedent for this.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/dublin-expelled-from-under-21-championship-1.56439
Poor oul Dubs always get the rough end of the stick. Feckin Leinster Council  >:(

WT4E

Quote from: Bisbee on June 14, 2018, 12:56:04 PM
Having been at the game I didn't get the impression that Armagh set out to start a row.  It just escalated from a few Tyrone players starting to taunt, goad and wrestle with their opponents in the last minute of extra time.  Don't understand why they simply did not focus on gaining possession, holding onto the ball and seeing out the last minute of the game.  Sad statement on the state of things that after a magnificent effort from both sides that the focus of a few players at the end was to try and humiliate and taunt their opponents.  Does not at all excuse the bench clearing rush from Armagh and scenes that followed.  But Armagh did not start a row because they thought they were beaten.

I didn't say they started the row cause they thought they where beaten - My view was that they had little regard for the consequences they would face given the fact they thought they where out e.g. the manager hitting a teenager, their officials getting involved, the subs clearing the bench immediately to gang attack.

The reason i made sure not to say they started the row is that i am of the impression that two players one from each side got into a wrestling match at the end (possibly initiated by the Tyrone player) you see this alot in football these days see AI final last year. Whilst not the most sporting thing to do - its still an easy enough one for the ref to sort out IF people who are not suppose to be on the field stay off.

Has their been any form of apology from the idiot Armagh manager yet for causing this...

naka

chatting to a fair few guys from tyrone who are disappointed to say the least with the appeal.
the feeling from a few guys is  is that they feel the tyrone county board hope that both teams are thrown out which will only heighten the antagonism between the orchard and the red hands
can`t see the athletic grounds being used by tyrone for their  club championship this year or for a fair few years.
next time a club from tyrone asks me to buy a £100 ticket I know what answer they are getting ;D

general_lee

The elephant in the room here is Tyrone and their complete lack of class. This is a county where most of the population dress like its 2001 and grown men still think it acceptable to run about with their hair dyed blonde using their sister's peroxide.

So when it comes to seeing out a game in the dying minutes, instead of just getting the job done, this utter ballbagness that is ingrained into every Tyronie from the day they're born comes to the fore. Of course things backfired, and being the shower of yaps that they are would rather see Armagh out as well as themselves just to be spiteful c***ts.

Reminds me of nights out in Armagh and Cookstown back in the day, they were the same then when Armagh boys curted their women, started rows because they all they were left with was to curt their cousins on the bus home

mackers

Quote from: WT4E on June 14, 2018, 12:30:46 PM
Already beaten.

I would imagine they would fine both counties as well that would be a punishment for Tyrone - given the fact that Armagh probably got heavily involved in the row because they thought they where going out (point down and time up) maybe not rewarding that type of behaviour is the right thing to do?
What colour is the sky in your world?  Why would Armagh start a row when they were a point down?  Where is the thinking in that?  It would have been more in Tyrone's interests to start a row to use up time and hope that the referee wouldn't allow extra minutes on at the end.
Just when you thought you couldn't think anything less of Tyrone they manage to go lower.  It'll be a complete disgrace if both teams are threw out.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: general_lee on June 14, 2018, 02:18:44 PM

The elephant in the room here is Tyrone and their complete lack of class. This is a county where most of the population dress like its 2001 and grown men still think it acceptable to run about with their hair dyed blonde using their sister’s peroxide.

So when it comes to seeing out a game in the dying minutes, instead of just getting the job done, this utter ballbagness that is ingrained into every Tyronie from the day they’re born comes to the fore. Of course things backfired, and being the shower of yaps that they are would rather see Armagh out as well as themselves just to be spiteful c***ts.

Reminds me of nights out in Armagh and Cookstown back in the day, they were the same then when Armagh boys curted their women, started rows because they all they were left with was to curt their cousins on the bus home

Post of the year  ;D ;D

Jinxy

Quote from: mackers on June 14, 2018, 02:24:08 PM
Quote from: WT4E on June 14, 2018, 12:30:46 PM
Already beaten.

What colour is the sky in your world?  Why would Armagh start a row when they were a point down?  Where is the thinking in that?  It would have been more in Tyrone's interests to start a row to use up time and hope that the referee wouldn't allow extra minutes on at the end.
Just when you thought you couldn't think anything less of Tyrone they manage to go lower.  It'll be a complete disgrace if both teams are threw out.

Sorry Mackers, but once your mentors and subs wade into the fray, you lose all claims to the moral high ground.
The GAA, in light of the recent issues with refs & umpires may choose to make an example of both teams here, as the 'anarchy' narrative is gaining traction in recent weeks.
For the record, I think Andy McEntee deserves a hefty suspension for his behaviour after our game last Saturday.
If you were any use you'd be playing.