Odious People

Started by Orior, December 02, 2021, 12:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Stephen Nolan undoubtedly number one for me. In life there are givers and there are takers and he is one of life's ultimate takers with very few redeeming features. Big ego, preys on the vulnerable, insincere and bullies anyone who dares to challenge him with threatening lawsuits. Lacks professionalism and objectivity as well but thats just a by product of him doing what's best for himself and his wallet.

Anyone else who uses their wallet and power to assert their dominance annoy the hell out of me. notable mentions to Piers Morgan and Donald Trump.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: yellowcard on December 04, 2021, 12:22:23 AM
Stephen Nolan undoubtedly number one for me. In life there are givers and there are takers and he is one of life's ultimate takers with very few redeeming features. Big ego, preys on the vulnerable, insincere and bullies anyone who dares to challenge him with threatening lawsuits. Lacks professionalism and objectivity as well but thats just a by product of him doing what's best for himself and his wallet.

Anyone else who uses their wallet and power to assert their dominance annoy the hell out of me. notable mentions to Piers Morgan and Donald Trump.
They feed into an audience that's likes them. Sensibility does not come into it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

yellowcard

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 04, 2021, 12:32:11 AM

They feed into an audience that's likes them. Sensibility does not come into it

They know exactly what they're doing and they have an innate ability to play to the gallery. The fact that they are intelligent people using others for self promotion just makes them more odious. Their sole metric for success is money and power.

general_lee

While I agree Nolan possesses the aforementioned attributes, it's his producers that should take most of the blame. I never really listened to or watched his programmes but in the last couple of years have actively avoided them, I have heard it said his 5live persona is nothing like his Radio/BBC Ulster one.

Orior

Does Nolan annoy both sides in equal measure?

I'll answer my own question. While slagging off the DUP yesterday he once again brought up the Storey funeral 😐
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Armamike

The sole fact he gives the likes of Jim Allister, Jamie Bryson and Jim Wilson the air time he does, is enough for me.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Dire Ear

Quote from: Armamike on December 04, 2021, 09:55:35 AM

The sole fact he gives the likes of Jim Allister, Jamie Bryson and Jim Wilson the air time he does, is enough for me.

100%

lenny

Good shouts. I'd add in Conor Mcgregor also. Just a hateful cnut.