Tg4. & eir live weekend games 17/18 march for allianz 2018

Started by cornetto, January 20, 2018, 12:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

westbound

Of course it's all about the result to the two clubs involved. BUT IT WAS SHOCKING STUFF TO WATCH as a neutral.

It doesn't matter which of the teams was to blame. It's not up to the teams involved to provide entertainment. It's up to them to win! Both teams played the way that they thought they had the best chance of winning the game (you can argue whether the managers got it right tactically or not, but that's missing the point).

The point is, it's up to the rule makers/HQ to provide a sport that is entertaining. It is up to the teams to play within the rules to try to win the game.

I believe rules changes are required, but I'm not sure what exactly the changes should be!

Maroon Manc

Crikey, some of you are very very defensive. I wanted Moy to win as I know one of their subs so was delighted for them.

Syferus

The same prize was on offer in Mullingar and the fare was far better.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 29, 2018, 02:23:48 PM
Crikey, some of you are very very defensive. I wanted Moy to win as I know one of their subs so was delighted for them.
How dare they upset the divine right of any Kerry team to win out?
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

imtommygunn

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 29, 2018, 02:23:48 PM

It's the 11th commandment. Though shalt not slag a tyrone team ;D

(Ps i was glad to see moy win. Despite at times not liking sean cavanagh he has given a lot over the years and i think it would be a fitting sign off for him.)

cornetto

Have your mobdro app ready for this evening😁😁

tippabu

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: tippabu on February 03, 2018, 10:58:58 AM
Is the Tyrone Dublin game only deferred coverage?

Looks like it.

I know last year they used the HD channel on Eir to show three games simultaneously but it looks like only deferred coverage tonight.

An Fhairche Abu

It's going to be broadcast online along with all the other Junior/Inter finals this weekend:
http://www.tg4.ie/en/live/intermediate-club-football-final/

Íseal agus crua isteach a

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on February 03, 2018, 12:28:15 PM
It's going to be broadcast online along with all the other Junior/Inter finals this weekend:
http://www.tg4.ie/en/live/intermediate-club-football-final/

Thank you for the link. Its a pity Philip Jordan had to retire through injury he would have been some addition.

slippery dodger

AIB All-Ireland Junior Football Club Final - Knocknagree (Corcaigh) v Multyfarnham (An Iarmhí)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqP2oO8c6rE

slippery dodger

Why aren't these games not being broadcast on TG4 and are only online?

omagh_gael

Can't make the Tyrone game tonight so signed up to Premier sports for the month. Quick question, do they show score updates from the deferred game during the live match? Don't want the result spoiled!

tippabu

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 03, 2018, 03:35:05 PM
Can't make the Tyrone game tonight so signed up to Premier sports for the month. Quick question, do they show score updates from the deferred game during the live match? Don't want the result spoiled!

I'm not sure about deferred ones but think I remember last year them cutting to moments, goals mainly, from the other live game on the other channel.