All Ireland U20 football championship 2024

Started by Blowitupref, April 27, 2023, 06:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 16, 2024, 03:54:33 PMCan anyone from Dublin tell me why Ciarán Archer who would be around 24 now hasn't made the step up to Dublin senior team and is he even on the panel at the moment?

Former Dublin star Ciaran Archer has proposed 96-week ban overturned

Gael85

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 16, 2024, 03:54:33 PMCan anyone from Dublin tell me why Ciarán Archer who would be around 24 now hasn't made the step up to Dublin senior team and is he even on the panel at the moment?

A talented player but don't think he better than what on panel now. Quality freetaker but for me doesn't do enough from play  and without the ball. He was on senior panel in 2022 but picked up an injury and never got back in.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Gael85 on May 16, 2024, 05:07:40 PM

A talented player but don't think he better than what on panel now. Quality freetaker but for me doesn't do enough from play  and without the ball. He was on senior panel in 2022 but picked up an injury and never got back in.

A few of the forwards on the Dublin panel at the moment Ross McGarry,Killian O'Gara,Lorcan O'Dell,Killian McGinnis. He must have fallen back a fair bit from his days standing out at U20 level if not better than some of them now.

Gael85

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 16, 2024, 05:15:39 PM
Quote from: Gael85 on May 16, 2024, 05:07:40 PM

A few of the forwards on the Dublin panel at the moment Ross McGarry,Killian O'Gara,Lorcan O'Dell,Killian McGinnis. He must have fallen back a fair bit from his days standing out at U20 level if not better than some of them now.

Them lads bar O'Gara would be in half forward line. O'Gara prob won't be in 26 when everyone is back. U20 is hard to gage. Massive difference from the old u21 in terms of making step up to make step up to senior. Dublin had a few talented lads at u20 like James Doran and Mark Lavin who also haven't make step up to senior.

Wildweasel74

Dublin pick up players standing out Club level more than underage football.