European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Everyone going on about Madrid's luck but Liverpool have had it lucky too. Porto, Man City and Roma to reach a Champions league final. Now that's quite a favourable draw.

clarshack

Also thought Levondowski was rotten tonight.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: clarshack on May 01, 2018, 11:01:21 PM
Everyone going on about Madrid's luck but Liverpool have had it lucky too. Porto, Man City and Roma to reach a Champions league final. Now that's quite a favourable draw.
don't forget the easiest group of all time

laoislad

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on May 02, 2018, 08:04:16 AM
Quote from: clarshack on May 01, 2018, 11:01:21 PM
don't forget the easiest group of all time
Everton would still have finished bottom of it.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Maroon Manc

Real a pale shadow of last years team, I've given up any hope of them stopping Liverpool. Real's record is something else in Europe these last 5 years, going for their 4th win when I wouldn't consider them one of the best teams I've seen the last 30 years as they've only won one league title during that time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 02, 2018, 09:34:58 AM
Real a pale shadow of last years team, I've given up any hope of them stopping Liverpool. Real's record is something else in Europe these last 5 years, going for their 4th win when I wouldn't consider them one of the best teams I've seen the last 30 years as they've only won one league title during that time.

Hasnt stopped Liverpool, they havent won a league in over 20 years but have managed to blow teams away this year in the CL, granted Madrid wont be lying down but I wouldnt have them favourites for the final, the defending was pure school boy stuff, never held their lines the fullbacks never tracked their men, stayed up front and only last ditch defending enabled them to get to the final!

I've never seen a Madrid team give the ball away so much, unless they were playing Barca
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 02, 2018, 10:30:21 AM

Hasnt stopped Liverpool, they havent won a league in over 20 years but have managed to blow teams away this year in the CL, granted Madrid wont be lying down but I wouldnt have them favourites for the final, the defending was pure school boy stuff, never held their lines the fullbacks never tracked their men, stayed up front and only last ditch defending enabled them to get to the final!

I've never seen a Madrid team give the ball away so much, unless they were playing Barca

28 years  ;)

You have to give Liverpool credit, to reach 3 CL finals since 2005 is a great achievement considering they've not have great teams.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 02, 2018, 11:42:12 AM

28 years  ;)

You have to give Liverpool credit, to reach 3 CL finals since 2005 is a great achievement considering they've not have great teams.

What 3 finals?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 02, 2018, 11:50:30 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 02, 2018, 11:42:12 AM

28 years  ;)

What 3 finals?

05,07 and the one you'll make tonight.

AZOffaly

Minder

Think Maroon Manc should be banned for this behaviour
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

GJL

Madrid will make hay against that defence all right but Liverpool will also score. Should be a goal fest.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: GJL on May 02, 2018, 09:40:02 PM
Madrid will make hay against that defence all right but Liverpool will also score. Should be a goal fest.
4-3 Liverpool win in the final i reckon.

Maroon Manc

Avoided the game last night apart from watching 10 minutes when Roma equalised then Liverpool went 2-1 up.

I've a little hope now but expecting the worst, to go 5-0 up during the first leg then be hanging on near the end shows what Liverpool are about, still think their a fair bit of winning a league title thankfully.,

AZOffaly

As I was watching it, I was thinking "Would you ever see a Mourinho team concede 6 goals in a situation like that?".  Then I thought "Would you ever see a Mourinho team score 7 goals to be 7-4 up on aggregate after 170 odd minutes of a two leg tie?"

A machine that could combine Mourinho and Klopp would produce some manager.