European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esmarelda

Quote from: Main Street on April 24, 2017, 03:34:12 PM
A selection of Messi moments of genius from the game and the systematic assaults to stop him.
https://youtu.be/F2X6vwgqV7M?t=11
Anyone think there's a chance that Marcelo's elbow was intentional?

Rossie11

Quote from: Esmarelda on April 24, 2017, 05:08:54 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 24, 2017, 03:34:12 PM
A selection of Messi moments of genius from the game and the systematic assaults to stop him.
https://youtu.be/F2X6vwgqV7M?t=11
Anyone think there's a chance that Marcelo's elbow was intentional?
100%
He even had glance over at linesman to see if he spotted him.

Main Street

I think there's a good chance that it was intentional considering the systematic heavy contact fouling of Messi throughout the game.
From the live angle, Messi had pulled to towards the side, away from the direct line of  contact, it could be interpreted that Marcello lifts his elbow higher than what was entailed for protection and made bloody contact. Just it's difficult to tell just how much intent was there.

Messi certainly got the bit between his teeth after that and was chomping on it.

Esmarelda

Quote from: Main Street on April 24, 2017, 05:54:35 PM
I think there's a good chance that it was intentional considering the systematic heavy contact fouling of Messi throughout the game.
From the live angle, Messi had pulled to towards the side, away from the direct line of  contact, it could be interpreted that Marcello lifts his elbow higher than what was entailed for protection and made bloody contact. Just it's difficult to tell just how much intent was there.

Messi certainly got the bit between his teeth after that and was chomping on it.
Ironic then, given the state of the game, that Marcello decided not to take Roberto out en route to setting up the winner.

Main Street

Quote from: Esmarelda on April 24, 2017, 06:31:26 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 24, 2017, 05:54:35 PM

Ironic then, given the state of the game, that Marcello decided not to take Roberto out en route to setting up the winner.
If only Marcelo had a few drops of Tyrone dna in his system he wouldn't have hesitated to chop Roberto down in that blink of an eye moment ;D you can see he tried to rectify that but couldn't get close to the player with the ball
https://youtu.be/QR89ORtynTo?t=364

ONeill

Quote from: lurganblue on April 24, 2017, 12:49:18 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on April 24, 2017, 09:41:52 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on April 24, 2017, 08:47:05 AM
Quote from: Declan on April 24, 2017, 08:37:00 AM
Really enjoyable El Classico alright. Messi is a genius

It was a weekend of really good football all round, capped by el clasico - that Chelsea-Spurs tie was a cracker.
Superb stuff. I thought Barca had missed the boat but the great man came up trumps at the end. There was much more effort off the ball from Messi last night, tracking back that we used to see in the Guradiola era but which we don't always see any more.

Ramos really is the panto villain. Did I hear 22 sendings off now? And complaining about it.

One black mark on the game was Gerry Armstrong's commentary. Surely it's time to put Gerry somewhere peaceful.

I had some laugh at Ray Hudson on beIN Sports

Hudson just squealed at the last 2 goals. Like a pig being slaughtered. Good laugh though.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

Quote from: ONeill on April 24, 2017, 09:09:26 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on April 24, 2017, 12:49:18 PM
Quote from: Esmarelda on April 24, 2017, 09:41:52 AM
Quote from: Billys Boots on April 24, 2017, 08:47:05 AM
Quote from: Declan on April 24, 2017, 08:37:00 AM
Really enjoyable El Classico alright. Messi is a genius

It was a weekend of really good football all round, capped by el clasico - that Chelsea-Spurs tie was a cracker.
Superb stuff. I thought Barca had missed the boat but the great man came up trumps at the end. There was much more effort off the ball from Messi last night, tracking back that we used to see in the Guradiola era but which we don't always see any more.

Ramos really is the panto villain. Did I hear 22 sendings off now? And complaining about it.

One black mark on the game was Gerry Armstrong's commentary. Surely it's time to put Gerry somewhere peaceful.

I had some laugh at Ray Hudson on beIN Sports

Hudson just squealed at the last 2 goals. Like a pig being slaughtered. Good laugh though.
Yet another Tyrone fckwit with his simile obscenity.
Good laugh though.

Cunny Funt

With 13 mins to play its Ronaldo 2 Atletico Madrid 0 in this fiesty semi final 1st leg.

Milltown Row2

Ronaldo finished .... never does it at the top level....  :o
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Syferus

That Ronaldo buck will never amount to anything.

Cunny Funt

Ronaldo 3 Atletico Madrid 0. Tie over after the 1st leg?

Tony Baloney

Captain Obvious

Ajax on course to reaching their first European final for over twenty years.

Boycey

A long way to go in it yet. Why's it on tonight incidentally?

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Boycey on May 03, 2017, 06:40:29 PM
A long way to go in it yet. Why's it on tonight incidentally?
Brought forward so it didn't clash with Remembrance day in the Netherlands. 3-0 lead now.