European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: The Stallion on March 13, 2017, 11:36:29 AM
Ramos is a complete liability defensively, and if he wasn't allowed to get away with things the way he does, he'd have at least double the red cards he has accumulated. Massively overrated player.

...said as he single handedly won Real three or four matches in the last month and a half.

The Stallion

Quote from: Denn Forever on March 13, 2017, 12:17:41 PM
Stallion, you seem to think all players are crap, who would you pick  for your best 11?

Let's do your Premiership 11
            European 11
            Best ever 11.

I don't think all players are crap. Just the crap ones. Happy to set you straight on that point.

I don't have time to give this proper consideration, but in terms of a current Premier League Xi, off the top of my head I would definitely include:
De Gea
Hazard
Aguero

Best ever 11:
I can't realistically include players I didnt see play much like Pele, Beckenbauer etc, but definite starters would include:

Schmeichel
Iniesta
Maradona
Brazilian Ronaldo

What about you Denn? Name your side if you have time.

Syferus

Anyone who would put Fat Ronaldo in ahead of Real Ronaldo needs a new pair of glasses.

The Stallion

He was a vastly superior footballer to the Portuguese Ronaldo. Injuries curtailed his career but at his peak he was an all time great in my opinion. 

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: JoG2 on March 13, 2017, 10:57:22 AM
Heard Mark Lawrenson on Today FM on Sat talking about the Barca game. Interviewer asked him did he not think the diving took a bit of the gloss off the victory, "no". You've an big old fashioned 'AVE IT!' centre half turned analyst declaring it's fine to win by diving / cheating.

Lawrenson was anything but that type of defender chap; youd be doin well to name a more cultured centre half partnership than him and Hansen

The Stallion

Agreed, Lawrenson was no agricultural centre half.

JoG2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 13, 2017, 05:39:07 PM
Heard Mark Lawrenson on Today FM on Sat talking about the Barca game. Interviewer asked him did he not think the diving took a bit of the gloss off the victory, "no". You've an big old fashioned 'AVE IT!' centre half turned analyst declaring it's fine to win by diving / cheating.

Lawrenson was anything but that type of defender chap; youd be doin well to name a more cultured centre half partnership than him and Hansen

Agreed, what I was more getting at was he wouldn't have entertained a forward cheating him.

The Stallion

Do you feel Liverpool's 2005 Champions League win is tainted by Gerrard's pathetic dive to win a penalty JoG2?

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: JoG2 on March 13, 2017, 06:10:21 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on March 13, 2017, 05:39:07 PM

Agreed, what I was more getting at was he wouldn't have entertained a forward cheating him.

True. Great footballer. As an analyst the jurys still out  ;D

The Stallion

Interesting to note some posters are very reluctant to reply to simple questions. Very telling.

angermanagement

Ramos is a complete liability defensively, and if he wasn't allowed to get away with things the way he does, he'd have at least double the red cards he has accumulated. Massively overrated player.

He's scored more career goals than Iniesta which I find pretty amazing.

ashman

Quote from: The Stallion on March 13, 2017, 06:08:40 PM
Agreed, Lawrenson was no agricultural centre half.

Pound for pound Lawrenson was the best footballer ever to play for ROI .

The Stallion

Quote from: angermanagement on March 14, 2017, 12:48:24 PM

Iniesta is one of the greatest players of all time. Ramos is a hallion who can't defend very well and scores some goals.

Syferus

Quote from: The Stallion on March 14, 2017, 01:48:05 PM
Quote from: angermanagement on March 14, 2017, 12:48:24 PM

Iniesta is one of the greatest players of all time. Ramos is a hallion who can't defend very well and scores some goals.

So Ramos sucks, Real Ronaldo is worse than the guy whose nickname reflects his inability to be bothered enough to stay in shape simply because you have a fanciful notion he had more talent and Barcelona is some sort of ponzi scheme.

Anything else wild you want throw out there for effect?

The Stallion

" Barcelona is some sort of ponzi scheme"

Not sure why you're attempting my to put words in my mouth here, I haven't suggested or insinuated anything like this.

It's not a fanciful notion by the way, it's my honestly held opinion. Your obsession with Ronaldo's nickname has.no bearing on that opinion. Before injuries curtailed his career he was an outstanding footballer who I would have in my team ahead of his namesake every time.