European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

The defending for most of these goals has been shocking  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Il Bomber Destro

screenexile

''Twas a great game to watch in all fairness!

Captain Obvious

Great to watch however some very suspect defending and goalkeeping by both Manchester City and Monaco tonight. Hard to see either of those sides winning the champions league this season.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: laoislad on February 21, 2017, 09:16:49 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 21, 2017, 09:07:44 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 21, 2017, 09:04:49 PM
John stones is a mile out of his depth. What a finish by falcao.

Falcao and Di Maria, the 2 Man Utd rejects, are not too shabby at all
Good to see them both doing well at bigger clubs.

Could add Sterling in that
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Stallion

Sterling isn't doing well though. He's rubbish. Best bit of business Liverpool ever did getting 50 million for him.

ONeill

Never really rated Sterling until tonight. Monaco couldn't handle him at times. Gets caught offside too often but a great bit of business by City.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

StGallsGAA

Quote from: ONeill on February 21, 2017, 10:23:20 PM
Never really rated Sterling until tonight. Monaco couldn't handle him at times. Gets caught offside too often but a great bit of business by City.

If you consider £50M for a handful of good performances good business then yes!?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: The Stallion on February 21, 2017, 10:12:58 PM
Sterling isn't doing well though. He's rubbish. Best bit of business Liverpool ever did getting 50 million for him.

He's in champions league scoring goals..... as the above players mentioned have been doing since leaving lowly clubs
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

maldini

Quote from: laoislad on February 21, 2017, 09:20:49 PM

Aye, a good old fashioned 0-0 would have been much better

laoislad

Quote from: maldini on February 21, 2017, 11:41:45 PM
Quote from: laoislad on February 21, 2017, 09:20:49 PM

Aye, a good old fashioned 0-0 would have been much better
Aye,because that's exactly what I meant. ::)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Fuzzman

As an Everton fan, I laughed last night when somebody tweeted into TV3 that is was like watching Everton with more skill or something to that effect, referring to how we used to defend and lose games 4-3.

It's amazing how much influence a manager can have on a players career.
Compare how John Stones has developed under Martinez and now Pep to say Moses under Conte.
A few years ago Stones was telling the fans to calm down after he had been messing about with the ball inside his own box and they were roaring at him to just clear it.

City are great entertainment as a neutral but must be a nightmare to watch as a fan. They've conceded more goals than Middlesboro in the league and Pep hasn't sorted out their defence or goalkeeping situation yet they are only 8 points behind Chelsea. I'd say they are relieved that their big game v Utd is off this weekend.

Taylor

The defence simply isnt good enough and neither the CL or PL will be won.
Pep has the team playing exciting football but seems to have forgotten how to defend - Stones is a shambles even with the goal.
Now there are 2 calamitous keepers  ::)

Aguero when not injured is the best out and out striker in the world.

Even Sterling is beginning to look like he is worth half of his transfer value

HiMucker

I initially thought Sterlings transfer fee was ridiculous.  But you see the likes of Snodgrass going for £14 mil, and Ross McCormick in the championship going to Villa for £14mil!  Then the Sterling transfer even if not playing well, and blowing hot and cold is probably about right.  The money involved now is just mental.

Maroon Manc

It was a great game last night involving 2 teams who haven't a hope of winning the trophy. Monaco were the better team for most of the game but had a crazy 15 minute spell which has probably cost them the tie. As for Sterling it was a very open game which suited him, Pep has far bigger problems than Sterling though mainly a back 4 which are very poor.