European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I just can't warm to Munich. I think it's Ribery and more likely, robben. I can't stand the sight of the humpy hoor.

Captain Obvious

Masterclass by Real Madrid and Carlo Ancelotti over the two legs will he now face his former club in the final? likewise for Jose.

Minder

Madrid are a brilliant outfit, devastating on the counter attack.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

CiKe

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 29, 2014, 09:32:43 PM
I just can't warm to Munich. I think it's Ribery and more likely, robben. I can't stand the sight of the humpy hoor.

Not a fan of either of them myself - Ribery especially, think robbed used be worse than now. That said would take them any day over Madrid. Ancelloti is a lot more likeable than Mourinho but find it difficult to warm to a team with Ronaldo and Ramos in it.

Billys Boots

Quote from: CiKe on April 30, 2014, 08:15:46 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 29, 2014, 09:32:43 PM

Not a fan of either of them myself - Ribery especially, think robbed used be worse than now. That said would take them any day over Madrid. Ancelloti is a lot more likeable than Mourinho but find it difficult to warm to a team with Ronaldo and Ramos in it.

There's always been something arrogant about Bayern - apart from what he does (occasionally) himself, I can't see the point of Robben (in a team sport); at least Ribery is creative for others. 

Real are some threat at the moment; their speed in attack is amazing - I think Mourinho would probably have a plan for that, and Atletico have already beaten them twice this year.  Interesting times. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Rossie11

Adventurous from Mourinho?? hazard starts..
Hang on.. so do 6 defenders..

laoislad

Champions league hangover for Atletico today losing 2-0 to Levante.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Over the Bar

If Athletico go £300M into the red can they expect the City council to bail them out like Real a few years back to prevent them going bankrupt??

Rossie11

Forget about the EPL the real drama is in Spain. Madrid draw and drop 5 pts in 4 days and are now complete outsiders for the title.
Barca after been written off Saturday night can now win the title with 2 wins.

Rossie11

By written off I mean they hit 1000/1 on Saturday... They are now 11/10..
Incredible collapse in odds

laoislad

Quote from: Rossie11 on May 07, 2014, 10:08:19 PM
Did you put anything on them at 1000/1
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Rossie11

Quote from: laoislad on May 07, 2014, 10:11:06 PM
Quote from: Rossie11 on May 07, 2014, 10:08:19 PM
Did you put anything on them at 1000/1

I wish..  The 90/1 Atletico for champs league is enough this season :-)

gallsman

Utterly insane stuff going on as they all try to chuck it away. Given their collapse in 2014, how Barca still have their destiny in their own hands is incredible. Of course, so too do Atletí.

Whatever about Atletí on the final day, I would trust them to beat Elche away this weekend given how shaky they are at the minute. Makes it all the more fascinating. If they were to draw that game, Madrid could nip in and steal it all. Football, eh?

Rossie11

2 pts from 2 games will definitely win the league for Atletico.. However 3pts could mean they lose it.. (beat Malaga and lose to Barca!!) Madness..

Should Barca beat Elche (not guaranteed by any means) I think they have to be favourites to pip Atletico.
The pressure will be off and they will be safe in the knowledge that no matter what the result in the Nou camp Real cannot win the league.
The players would not begrudge Atletico the title but no way would they want to deny them and hand it to Real..

Rossie11

Atletico 1-1 Malaga
Elche 0-0 Barca

All down to last game..