Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unison

I think its official now. Creedon appointment was a disaster.

The Rover

Poor discipline, some players very very overrated, We will need to perform a lot better in the league next season if we have any ambition of getting promotion from Division 4.
I have never seen a poorer Laois team. Midfield out of their debt, defenders unable to tackle, opposing teams just walk trough them.

The Monument Road

Beaten and relegated to the pits of the league
The root cause of this started when the CB and a certain few clubs decided to get rid of the likes of Sean Dempsey.Eddie Kelly,and a few more who who gave their services for free.These guys were replaced by paid GDOs (Presently 5 are getting paid) Since these appointments the development squads have done nothing, and i believe the amount of young lads going into these squads has halved in numbers. Consequently,the standard of players that we now see in our senior squad. Bar Kingston,JOL and a small few more are very poor. Sad day and shame on those who decided to shaft the real passionate laois people who worked wonders.

Unison

Bring back Sean Dempsey to coach underage players, and soon!! And Dick Miller as chairman of CB!!

Andy06

Is there any accountability as regards these GDO's? If the buck stops (or partially stops) with them as regards the level of a young players skillset and they are getting financially covered for it then they are clearly not fit for purpose based on the last number of years.

As for the county chairman, I think he is more interested in getting his face in the Leinster Express than any meaningful progress of the game in the county.

welcomehome

Just back from tullamore..disaster...another sending off..i blame management ,everone on the terrace knew dat de player was going to be sent off.Icannot understand how de couldnt see dat themselves...Would love  to know who dere fitness trainer is..at dis stage a lot of players look unfit..not doing a great job..only for donie jol...and brody...no one else tried...Its apity that dey dont have the same heart ,as the hurlers had last night...another bad day for laois football...isnt it hard to believe how much dey have back..few years ago we were in division1..and now division 4.... :'( :'(

town1980

I am waiting to read the great Tony's report?thats was abs shite I watched

town1980

The more I sit the angrier ingest,,, the fitness levels of that team are a disgrace the worst I have ever seen in a team ... I totally blame management I totally blame the county board who only care about there Laois jacket and like to walk around like guards in o Moore park than put in place a good management team,,, Louth manager is young just out of playing knows the way the game is developing and our lads are absolutely clueless full stop... again the Donnie Kingston show the rest aren't fit enuf to compete at any level 8 points down on two occasions... like fern offaly,,, OMG,, Broan  Abu called it all year like it or not posters he was right so hats off to him ,,, anyone that talked him down eat your words... an absolute disgrace of a league and year to date,, creedon now out for me

theoldvet

The whole lot are a bloody disgrace.  [ bar a few ]

Don Draper

Aye it's the managers fault a player can't behave himself for the few minutes it takes to get a replacement on for him. Always someone else's fault in Laois.

Andy06

And another thing, this was the second game that Kevin Meaney was sent off where if we had the full 15 we more than likely would have seen the victory out. To do it once is bad, to do it a second time is unforgivable.

BallyroanAbu

Offaly were deserving victors they twice let Laois back into the game, I don't particularly blame Creedon ( he was a bad appointment) but I do blame the people who appointed him.  This relegation to Div 4 has taken 5 years and actually the 3 managerial appointments just got more and more deplorable.   I don't think we have a Div 1 team, I do think we are mid table Div 2 with possibly the best forward in the country.  A few people on here called me an idiot well I won't do the same thing.   However if you think that defending this joke of a set up is the right thing continue on.  Unfortunately the people in charge have necks like the jockeys proverbials but if anyone had sense they would hang their heads in shame and resign.

ILikeStrawberryJam

Despite disjointed performance I think we would have won with 15 .. 4 matches in a row someone sent off ..

Offaly are average but we conceded 3-16 which is staggering. We have no corner backs and booth was poor today ..

We seem unfit all over despite lads returning from injury etc .. we should surely be fitter .. walsh being brought on then off  .. the attempts at tackling all over the field were shocking ..

Donie is a wonderful player but he can't do it all .. jol died with his boots on .. brody is a top keeper .. but we have so many average players

I have defended creedon on here saying give him the league b4 judging him but we were awful today

Division 4 could be the death knell for laois football

I don't know what the answer is .. some lads saying go with Higgins or clancy as manager .. I don't know how much of a difference it would make ..

Sad day .. division 1 to 4 in the years ..

Then again we prob would have won it with 15 men .. how could mean eye get sent off twice in 3 matches .. jaysus Kevin!!

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

end of league....the embarrassment of relegation to the bottom tier.

after 7 league games:
team unfit, club sides are fitter than this outfit.
little or no discipline....you might blame 1 or 2 biased refs, they all can't be wrong....the team mentality is wrong....many of the fouls yielding the red cards have been a result of fitness and planning issues.
the planning issues.....there is no plan....lob it into donie and hope he scores enough to beat the opposition.
once upon a time not so long ago, we had 6 forwards who could score given a chance, now apart from donie, evan and Conway, the rest are shy about shooting...a real sign of weakness in an intercounty team.

we are told the management is popular with the players....are they making life too easily and the whole set up is lazy and easy as compared to the suffering other intercounty squads have to put up with...........every club in this county could appoint a "nice popular" coach...if the performances on the playing field are desperate, those clubs would go into self preservation mode and part company and find an alternative.

on the watch of the current county board chairman we have dropped from div 1 to 4, and it was most likely his call and influence that has appointed two right turkeys in O Flaherty and Creedon.......the chairman's vision has led us down a blind alley.

I 100% agree with previous posters, in that some of these full time coaches are not fit for purpose...our best coaches were volunteers, and said personnel are probably sitting back and wrestling with the idea as to why they should return when others failing system are on a full time contract.

we have not hit rock bottom yet, with nothing coming through at underage level, there is every chance fall further and we will remain for some time at the bottom of the Leinster footballing pyramid with Wicklow and Carlow.

No plan= plan to fail ==  and we achieved this objective.

what to do for now.....
...get rid of this management.....
....appoint a few locals, joe Higgins/Clancy/Rooney to take charge
.....basically write off this season and allow them rebuild from division 4 next winter and start to re-organise at underage level
...perhaps invite all vested parties into a crisis football meeting and maybe encourage those from the successful past back into the fold...
..and no more nepotism!.

BallyroanAbu

I am going to say it on here tonight and again I will be an idiot Padraig Clancy is my preference for the job NOW or at the end of the year.   But I have no issue with any young manager from Laois with hunger and ambition getting it.  Hopefully they set the tone for every little aspect of Laois Football,  totally agree with the poster on our demise to Div 4.  I am not so sure the return of Sean Dempsey is a good thing but an overall appointment of a INDEPENDENT Football Development Manager would not be a bad thing as long as no relative of anyone on the county board could apply.