Allianz Football League 2017 - Division 3

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, September 15, 2016, 02:07:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueandwhite1

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on March 06, 2017, 12:02:44 PM
We need results on the field to get the vibe going thats why Creedon is doing untold damage.  This is not entirely of his making but unfortunately he can not lift us from it.   Cut the cord sooner rather than later, we are only wasting time.  Portarlington, Portlaoise, Graigue & Mountmellick are providing poor returns on population.  We need to do something radical to get back into these towns.

Alright so BallyroanAbu and Town1980 - given that both of you believe you have the answers - who would you put in charge? Do you really think that even a combination of Micko, Mickey Harte and Jim Gavin would have this Laois team flying?!? Sack the manager and replace him with what exactly?

Creedon has a track record of building from the roots up which takes years, not weeks. He is also a shrewd man in terms of how he sets up his teams. Not his fault that the players can't tackle, kick a score or execute on basic skills at times. How attractive would we be to other prospective managers if we sacked him now? The suggestion is idiotic and very poorly considered. You should get a job with the Trump administration. To look at what is wrong in Laois football we need to look much more closely at the schools, the club structures and championships, and our own county board who have failed miserably to build on the huge successes of the 90s and 00s. 

clonadmad

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on March 06, 2017, 12:57:45 PM
I realise Croke Park pays for the GDA's but nothing stopping the County Board raising additional funding themselves and paying more GDA's out of their own pocket.  Problem here is that the Croke Park nearly breeds a dependency on them for funding.  Counties should be well able to raise cash themselves.

Why would you go as a county and fundraise for GDA's when HQ has the wherewithal to fund GDA's,are we that timid that we wont even ask???

by all means fundraise,but don't spend hard needed cash on things that HQ should be providing!!!!. 

Would your club Ballyroan Abu be willing to pay 1/2 or a third or a sixth of the cost of a full time GDA ?

BallyroanAbu

Creedon if he was such a organized, well researched guy would never have taken the Laois Job.  So that debunks your theory he is getting a lot of credit for Tipperary's run last year maybe true but there were plenty of other reasons and people.  He did not attend most if any Laois Club Championship games.  He got a lot of credit for being organized at the start, maybe this is a sad reflection on what went before.  I don't need to be Trump, we were relegated to Div 3 first time in 30 years( not Creedons fault) were heading to Div 4 (Creedons Fault).  He signed up to the job the buck stops with him.   He is been paid to do a job(poorly)  that means he is judged by higher standards.  The County Board & the Clubs stand responsible for the poor structures within Football (probably hurling).   

clonadmad

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on March 06, 2017, 01:08:25 PM
Creedon if he was such a organized, well researched guy would never have taken the Laois Job.  So that debunks your theory he is getting a lot of credit for Tipperary's run last year maybe true but there were plenty of other reasons and people.  He did not attend most if any Laois Club Championship games.  He got a lot of credit for being organized at the start, maybe this is a sad reflection on what went before.  I don't need to be Trump, we were relegated to Div 3 first time in 30 years( not Creedons fault) were heading to Div 4 (Creedons Fault).  He signed up to the job the buck stops with him.   He is been paid to do a job(poorly)  that means he is judged by higher standards.  The County Board & the Clubs stand responsible for the poor structures within Football (probably hurling).

maybe we should looked for a disorganized,badly informed manager instead

mudder a jaysus

BallyroanAbu

We already pay 1/2 the cost of the GDA to go into Schools.   I am pretty sure as our financial situation improves we will be paying for more work with Coaches and GDA's.   If your waiting for Croke Park and Provincial Council to sort our problems out you will be waiting along time.

clonadmad

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on March 06, 2017, 01:13:22 PM
We already pay 1/2 the cost of the GDA to go into Schools.   I am pretty sure as our financial situation improves we will be paying for more work with Coaches and GDA's.   If your waiting for Croke Park and Provincial Council to sort our problems out you will be waiting along time.

Im talking about an actual full time GDA not the coach schools liaison,ill take that as a no then.

Where in any of my comments regarding GDA funding, did I say anything about waiting for HQ,You go to them.

but then again too many of us would prefer to curse the dark than light a candle......

BallyroanAbu

Were getting our act together, we made more mistakes than most but I think we are starting to see improvements.  On GDA's, Croke Park don't just grant you want. Say if Laois want 2-3 more GDA's the hoops that they have to through could take up to a year and most likely they will be turned down.  You don't get them because you ask, there is a lot of politics in the granting of them.

clonadmad

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on March 06, 2017, 01:40:48 PM
Were getting our act together, we made more mistakes than most but I think we are starting to see improvements.  On GDA's, Croke Park don't just grant you want. Say if Laois want 2-3 more GDA's the hoops that they have to through could take up to a year and most likely they will be turned down.  You don't get them because you ask, there is a lot of politics in the granting of them.

Best not to bother then.......

High Fielder

Some crazy talk going on here at the moment. Lads expecting Creedon to make wine out of water. Simple fact is that a lot of these players are being played out of position because needs must. We have a hand full of inter county standard footballers but not much more. We tackle like Under 12s and because of that, we leak too many scores. Creedon inherited all of this. Blame him if you want but you're deluding yourself if you think he is to blame for all of this. It's been a long time coming.

BallyroanAbu

High Fielder the problem here is if Creedon was in Division 1 or even Division 2 your point would be fair enough but the truth is we are facing relegation to Div 4.  We may not have top class inter county players but the teams we are playing against are not world beaters.

High Fielder

Unfortunately, your argument is premised on us being better that's what's around us. And you have no evidence of that. We're a moderate outfit. Offaly are worse and they have a better pedigree. It happens, but it's certainly not Creedon's fault. As I said, you could count our inter county players on one hand. Most of our lads, and you'll notice I said most, are not strong enough for this level, either technically, physically or both. Hard to swallow but again, not Creedon's fault.

Unlaoised

Quote from: High Fielder on March 06, 2017, 02:36:12 PM
Some crazy talk going on here at the moment. Lads expecting Creedon to make wine out of water. Simple fact is that a lot of these players are being played out of position because needs must. We have a hand full of inter county standard footballers but not much more. We tackle like Under 12s and because of that, we leak too many scores. Creedon inherited all of this. Blame him if you want but you're deluding yourself if you think he is to blame for all of this. It's been a long time coming.

Great point here about the tackling ...since McNulty left it has been non existent on Laois teams I've seen ...We ship so many scores its unreal.

Bad result yesterday after being ahead and having the platform to go on and win it.

We should still have enough to beat Antrim and Longofrd or Offaly which will probably see us safe in Division 3
LAOIS ABÚ

Tony

Very poor result but those calling for creedons sacking a few games into his reign need to cop on a bit in fairness. Laois football cannot be saved in a few months. Give him a chance. We'll still likely stay up if we win 2out of the last 3. It's not a great start but I'm willing to give it time as he has proven pedigree. He's not just a random man on the street. I'm beginning to question the knowledge and memory of some posters when saying for example that booth and timmons (one of the best full backs in the country) are the same and that we're pretty much full strength. We're nowhere near full strength. Also, you want to sack creedon and his team and get who exactly? At least that man has a long term plan and has a proven track record. I want to see creedon there for at least 3years. There's no way he can improve laois football properly in any time frame shorter than that. He's had a very unlucky start with injuries. We're trying our hardest but again, we're carrying far too many players who simply don't have the ability for this level.That's why we need our big players back AND fit. The likes of quig might be back but he's not match fit.

Tony

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on March 06, 2017, 01:08:25 PM
Creedon if he was such a organized, well researched guy would never have taken the Laois Job.  So that debunks your theory he is getting a lot of credit for Tipperary's run last year maybe true but there were plenty of other reasons and people.  He did not attend most if any Laois Club Championship games.
why are you posting that? I know for a fact that he attended a lot of club championship games in laois. He's been a regular for a while due to his proximity with where he's based. This point just proves you're talking out of your arse to be fair.

Giovanni

There seems to be two issues that are consistently getting tangled on this forum.

On the one hand, there is the issue of the long-term decline of Laois football, the structures needed to ensure a good supply of talented young lads, the financial issues, developing football in the urban areas, etc. I don't know whether or not it's Creedon's job to work on these problems over the medium-term but God almight himself couldn't fix these problems overnight. If that is his job, he might very well be an excellent choice and his track record in Tipperary (whether he was entirely responsible or not) has to be respected.

A completely different issue is the performance of the Laois Senior Football team against Sligo in Div 3 of the league on a Sunday in March. This is certainly Creedon's job. The job is to send out a well-prepared team with a high level of motivation and a game plan that suits the players we have. He is responsible for the team selection and for ensuring that the players know their jobs (for opposition kickouts and the like). We may not have a team of world beaters but I think we have more than enough players to be competitive in Division 3. It's true that he has been terribly unfortunate with injuries and any manager needs some time but you don't need years to get a team motivated or playing to a particular system. This should be becoming evident relatively soon.